Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

note sure what i am doing

note sure what i am doing

Old Apr 13th 2005, 9:18 am
BE Enthusiast

STEVE&TERRI has much to be proud ofSTEVE&TERRI has much to be proud ofSTEVE&TERRI has much to be proud ofSTEVE&TERRI has much to be proud ofSTEVE&TERRI has much to be proud ofSTEVE&TERRI has much to be proud ofSTEVE&TERRI has much to be proud ofSTEVE&TERRI has much to be proud ofSTEVE&TERRI has much to be proud ofSTEVE&TERRI has much to be proud ofSTEVE&TERRI has much to be proud of
Default note sure what i am doing

hi, new to this not sure how send the threads been reading them for a couple of days ,interesting ,we are on the first steps to apply to migrate to oz ,a very long way to go ,am excited already ,was told it would take about 18 months ,wish i could click my fingers and have our visas, have to do what everyone else has done and wait our turn ,if all goes well we are hoping to move to perth ,after months of shall we or shall we not ,now i wish i would have applied earlier we have wasted so much time ,but did not know it would take so long ,was told if we wanted to go to another part of australia it would be much quicker is that right.
Old Apr 13th 2005, 9:39 am

bridiej is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: note sure what i am doing

Welcome to the mad house!
Old Apr 13th 2005, 9:59 am
Keeping an eye out !

Wickedsid is a name known to allWickedsid is a name known to allWickedsid is a name known to allWickedsid is a name known to allWickedsid is a name known to allWickedsid is a name known to allWickedsid is a name known to allWickedsid is a name known to allWickedsid is a name known to allWickedsid is a name known to allWickedsid is a name known to all

Hello and welcome

How long it takes depends mainly on what visa you are applying for, whether or not you have to pass a skills test etc etc etc

Good luck and any questions just ask.

What visa are you applying for and what is your trade?

Carole

Originally Posted by STEVE&TERRI
hi, new to this not sure how send the threads been reading them for a couple of days ,interesting ,we are on the first steps to apply to migrate to oz ,a very long way to go ,am excited already ,was told it would take about 18 months ,wish i could click my fingers and have our visas, have to do what everyone else has done and wait our turn ,if all goes well we are hoping to move to perth ,after months of shall we or shall we not ,now i wish i would have applied earlier we have wasted so much time ,but did not know it would take so long ,was told if we wanted to go to another part of australia it would be much quicker is that right.
Old Apr 13th 2005, 10:24 am
BE Enthusiast

Steve2438 has much to be proud ofSteve2438 has much to be proud ofSteve2438 has much to be proud ofSteve2438 has much to be proud ofSteve2438 has much to be proud ofSteve2438 has much to be proud ofSteve2438 has much to be proud ofSteve2438 has much to be proud ofSteve2438 has much to be proud ofSteve2438 has much to be proud ofSteve2438 has much to be proud of

Hi and welcome....one thing i have learnt from this site is whatever visa you are going for is to ask as many question as you can or need to,because if think, that when you do send in your form's it help to save time if you have the answer to a question...good luck
Old Apr 13th 2005, 10:54 am
Bix
da Bonehead

Bix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond repute

Bloody ell another Ceri in the making not taking a breath between sentences Must be a Welsh affliction.

Welcome ST.

We are like that little robot in the short circuit films - what was he called - oh yes Johnny 5. "Mmmmmmm information".

Give us your data so we can help
Old Apr 13th 2005, 8:07 pm
BE Enthusiast

STEVE&TERRI has much to be proud ofSTEVE&TERRI has much to be proud ofSTEVE&TERRI has much to be proud ofSTEVE&TERRI has much to be proud ofSTEVE&TERRI has much to be proud ofSTEVE&TERRI has much to be proud ofSTEVE&TERRI has much to be proud ofSTEVE&TERRI has much to be proud ofSTEVE&TERRI has much to be proud ofSTEVE&TERRI has much to be proud ofSTEVE&TERRI has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Wickedsid
Hello and welcome

How long it takes depends mainly on what visa you are applying for, whether or not you have to pass a skills test etc etc etc

Good luck and any questions just ask.

What visa are you applying for and what is your trade?

Carole
hi carole ,we are applying for a skills visa ,my husband is a bricklayer ,i am a auxilary nurse.
Old Apr 13th 2005, 8:13 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Bix
Bloody ell another Ceri in the making not taking a breath between sentences Must be a Welsh affliction.

Welcome ST.

We are like that little robot in the short circuit films - what was he called - oh yes Johnny 5. "Mmmmmmm information".

hi sorry about the full stops ,but not very good on the computer ,will try to add the full stops for you ,so you can take a breath ha ha ? name is Terri not Ceri............................... some full stops in case i leave them out
Old Apr 13th 2005, 8:16 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Bix

Welcome ST.

hi sorry about the full stops ,but not very good on the computer ,will try to add the full stops for you ,so you can take a breath ha ha ? name is Terri not Ceri............................... some full stops in case i leave them out
Old Apr 13th 2005, 8:19 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Steve2438
Hi and welcome....one thing i have learnt from this site is whatever visa you are going for is to ask as many question as you can or need to,because if think, that when you do send in your form's it help to save time if you have the answer to a question...good luck
cheers might take you up on that ,
Old Apr 13th 2005, 8:27 pm
Rushwood, Thornlands, QLD

Boomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of light

Oh my ...... i thought the Irwins had joined the site!

welcome to british expats......

xxboomiexx
Old Apr 13th 2005, 8:31 pm
BE Forum Addict

Sue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond repute

Hi & welcome you`ll get all the help & info you need from here

Good luck with you application

Sue
Old Apr 13th 2005, 9:41 pm
Keeping an eye out !

Wickedsid is a name known to allWickedsid is a name known to allWickedsid is a name known to allWickedsid is a name known to allWickedsid is a name known to allWickedsid is a name known to allWickedsid is a name known to allWickedsid is a name known to allWickedsid is a name known to allWickedsid is a name known to allWickedsid is a name known to all

Hi Teri

Will you be getting hubbies skills assessed with TRA, or yours I think nurses are fast tracked? However you need to have a certain amount of years behind you I think, at least I know hubby will.

I think bricklayers are on the list for most states, where are you heading for ?

Carole

hi carole ,we are applying for a skills visa ,my husband is a bricklayer ,i am a auxilary nurse.
Old Apr 14th 2005, 8:06 am
Love it here!

SalSa is a glorious beacon of lightSalSa is a glorious beacon of lightSalSa is a glorious beacon of lightSalSa is a glorious beacon of lightSalSa is a glorious beacon of lightSalSa is a glorious beacon of lightSalSa is a glorious beacon of lightSalSa is a glorious beacon of lightSalSa is a glorious beacon of lightSalSa is a glorious beacon of lightSalSa is a glorious beacon of light

Hi Teri

Will you be getting hubbies skills assessed with TRA, or yours I think nurses are fast tracked? However you need to have a certain amount of years behind you I think, at least I know hubby will.

I think bricklayers are on the list for most states, where are you heading for ?

Carole
Hi
My hubby's a brickie (since he left school), we're heading for Victoria and we're being fast tracked.
Old Apr 14th 2005, 8:30 am
Forum Regular

jskogsta has a spectacular aura aboutjskogsta has a spectacular aura aboutjskogsta has a spectacular aura about

In my head it is also, sort of, a good thing that this process takes time. It gives the applicants real time to consider what to do. It is a pretty big step and it would be helpful to be as prepared as can be.

In our care we started the paperwork in 2001 and still have not moved. We got our visa in august 2003, but have now sorted out jobs, place to live etc. etc. and will be flying out late may/early june. Got word from a friend of the family: "he&"!, you guys are prepared!". Better damn well be, I say! I want to minimise the risk of not liking it. There are far to many that embark on something like this not knowing what they are going to - and expecting. Only resulting in misery, grief, homesickness etc. etc!

So: even though it is a pain .. use the time as good as you can. Scope out the areas, get in touch with people around .. talk to relocators .. etc. etc! AND not forgetting: SAVE MONEY!

I was "shocked" in seing our revised budget by the relocation agency. Melbourne is frigging expensive!! Two kids in 5-day care every week would be a whopping $2600!!! Holy cow (oh well .. they are in India at least!)!!

/Jørgen
Old Apr 14th 2005, 9:45 am
BE Enthusiast

Hi Teri

Carole
hi Carole,we are hoping to go to Perth ,my uncle has lived there for 25 years ,dont know if that will help our application though .How do you know if you can be fast tracked?We have a job for my husband to start as soon as we get there ,and accomodation,and still told that it can take up to 18 months.p.s my uncle is willing to sponser us .

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.