Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Not very regular on this forum but

Not very regular on this forum but

Old Oct 16th 2006, 1:19 pm
Newbie!

Spikey is a name known to allSpikey is a name known to allSpikey is a name known to allSpikey is a name known to allSpikey is a name known to allSpikey is a name known to allSpikey is a name known to allSpikey is a name known to allSpikey is a name known to allSpikey is a name known to allSpikey is a name known to all
Default Re: Not very regular on this forum but

Originally Posted by Bordy
Yeah well done Spikey, great refief when you find out you can get in.
Where in Melbourne are you planning on living?

Look forward to seeing you at one of our Melbourne BBQs / meet ups.
Thanks Bordy! I think we'll be heading to Rowville or thereabouts to begin with as that's where my Sister in law (our sponsor) lives - so quite far out I believe!

Will definitely keep an eye out for meets - need to make new friends
Old Oct 16th 2006, 1:21 pm
Newbie!

Spikey is a name known to allSpikey is a name known to allSpikey is a name known to allSpikey is a name known to allSpikey is a name known to allSpikey is a name known to allSpikey is a name known to allSpikey is a name known to allSpikey is a name known to allSpikey is a name known to allSpikey is a name known to all

Originally Posted by samnsam
is that grinning inanely or insanely Ha ha. Congratulations, and dont forget to keep us all upto date with your pre-OZ and post-OZ plans. Cant believe how excited I get when another BE member announces they have their Visa, what the hell am I gona be like when its eventually our turn. Good Luck, and enjoy a few .
Sam x.
LOL - both! To be honest I've had to keep away from this forum a bit since I joined it as I just couldn't bear reading about people going - that sounds awful but it's been such a long process for us - nearly 3 years since we first discussed going with an agency and set the ball rolling, and our application finally went in last December.

I still can hardly believe it! I keep re-reading the email from our agent this morning

I hope it's your turn soon!
Old Oct 16th 2006, 1:38 pm
BE Forum Addict

samnsam has a reputation beyond reputesamnsam has a reputation beyond reputesamnsam has a reputation beyond reputesamnsam has a reputation beyond reputesamnsam has a reputation beyond reputesamnsam has a reputation beyond reputesamnsam has a reputation beyond reputesamnsam has a reputation beyond reputesamnsam has a reputation beyond reputesamnsam has a reputation beyond reputesamnsam has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Spikey
LOL - both! To be honest I've had to keep away from this forum a bit since I joined it as I just couldn't bear reading about people going - that sounds awful but it's been such a long process for us - nearly 3 years since we first discussed going with an agency and set the ball rolling, and our application finally went in last December.

I still can hardly believe it! I keep re-reading the email from our agent this morning

I hope it's your turn soon!
Thanks Spikey, we've just passed the 2 year mark since we decided to go ahead and emigrate, were hopeing to hear within 12 months if we've been successful or not.
Old Oct 16th 2006, 1:47 pm
The Godfather

Bordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to behold

Thanks Bordy! I think we'll be heading to Rowville or thereabouts to begin with as that's where my Sister in law (our sponsor) lives - so quite far out I believe!

Will definitely keep an eye out for meets - need to make new friends
Rowville is not that far out, thats where we first stayed when we moved over here. We are now in the next suburb out but I know of one Ex pat family from the britvics site who lives in Rowville.
It only takes about 20 mins to half hour drive to the city although add another half hour to rush hour times.
Old Oct 16th 2006, 2:05 pm
Newbie!

Originally Posted by samnsam
Thanks Spikey, we've just passed the 2 year mark since we decided to go ahead and emigrate, were hopeing to hear within 12 months if we've been successful or not.
Ohh I feel for you - we were consistently told 6 months from when we first talked to the agency - we thought we'd be there by Christmas 04!

I really hope things come good for you soon, I feel like we can finally start living and planning our future as a family again after so long of putting our lives on hold.
Old Oct 16th 2006, 2:06 pm
Newbie!

Originally Posted by Bordy
Rowville is not that far out, thats where we first stayed when we moved over here. We are now in the next suburb out but I know of one Ex pat family from the britvics site who lives in Rowville.
It only takes about 20 mins to half hour drive to the city although add another half hour to rush hour times.
Oh isn't it? That's good news, I had the impression it was miles out.
Old Oct 16th 2006, 5:15 pm
Account Closed

kporte is an unknown quantity at this point

[QUOTE=Spikey]Just heard we were granted our visas this morning

To say we've been stressed the last few weeks is the understatement of the century!

I expect to be browsing this forum a lot more now to pick up tips on everything from shipping to settling. We have flights booked via Hong Kong on 23rd Nov and are due to arrive in Melbourne 28th Nov.

So much to do before then (our house sale is going through and we should be able to complete on 17th Nov) but today me & my OH are just sitting here grinning inanely [/QUOTE

WELL DONE!!!
Old Oct 16th 2006, 5:48 pm
egghead4+becky

egghead4 has much to be proud ofegghead4 has much to be proud ofegghead4 has much to be proud ofegghead4 has much to be proud ofegghead4 has much to be proud ofegghead4 has much to be proud ofegghead4 has much to be proud ofegghead4 has much to be proud ofegghead4 has much to be proud ofegghead4 has much to be proud ofegghead4 has much to be proud of
Talking Re: Not very regular on this forum but

Just heard we were granted our visas this morning

To say we've been stressed the last few weeks is the understatement of the century!

I expect to be browsing this forum a lot more now to pick up tips on everything from shipping to settling. We have flights booked via Hong Kong on 23rd Nov and are due to arrive in Melbourne 28th Nov.

So much to do before then (our house sale is going through and we should be able to complete on 17th Nov) but today me & my OH are just sitting here grinning inanely

we are really pleased for you, can't wait to experience the grinning thing too!!!
good luck
Old Oct 16th 2006, 5:49 pm
Newbie!

[QUOTE=kporte]

So much to do before then (our house sale is going through and we should be able to complete on 17th Nov) but today me & my OH are just sitting here grinning inanely [/QUOTE

WELL DONE!!!
Cheers!
Old Oct 16th 2006, 5:50 pm
Newbie!

Originally Posted by egghead4
we are really pleased for you, can't wait to experience the grinning thing too!!!
good luck
LOL, it's been a happy day here I can tell you. Though I think is being replaced by :scared: at what we have to do in the next 6 weeks!
Old Oct 16th 2006, 5:59 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

curly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond repute

So much to do before then (our house sale is going through and we should be able to complete on 17th Nov) but today me & my OH are just sitting here grinning inanely
Congratulations!!!!!!

Celebrate with a few
Old Oct 16th 2006, 7:47 pm
Account Closed

conat is an unknown quantity at this point

Congratulation Good luck to you all in your new life
Old Oct 17th 2006, 8:19 am
BE Forum Addict

samnsam has a reputation beyond reputesamnsam has a reputation beyond reputesamnsam has a reputation beyond reputesamnsam has a reputation beyond reputesamnsam has a reputation beyond reputesamnsam has a reputation beyond reputesamnsam has a reputation beyond reputesamnsam has a reputation beyond reputesamnsam has a reputation beyond reputesamnsam has a reputation beyond reputesamnsam has a reputation beyond repute

LOL, it's been a happy day here I can tell you. Though I think is being replaced by :scared: at what we have to do in the next 6 weeks!
I bet your feeling a bit :scared: . Ive heard on here that a whole new wave of planning starts again, just when you think everything's in the bag. Hope everything runs smoothly.
Sam x.