Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Not very regular on this forum but

Not very regular on this forum but

Old Oct 16th 2006, 11:47 am
Newbie!

Spikey is a name known to allSpikey is a name known to allSpikey is a name known to allSpikey is a name known to allSpikey is a name known to allSpikey is a name known to allSpikey is a name known to allSpikey is a name known to allSpikey is a name known to allSpikey is a name known to allSpikey is a name known to all
Default Not very regular on this forum but

Just heard we were granted our visas this morning

To say we've been stressed the last few weeks is the understatement of the century!

I expect to be browsing this forum a lot more now to pick up tips on everything from shipping to settling. We have flights booked via Hong Kong on 23rd Nov and are due to arrive in Melbourne 28th Nov.

So much to do before then (our house sale is going through and we should be able to complete on 17th Nov) but today me & my OH are just sitting here grinning inanely
Old Oct 16th 2006, 11:51 am
Just enjoying being here

rebnatoli has much to be proud ofrebnatoli has much to be proud ofrebnatoli has much to be proud ofrebnatoli has much to be proud ofrebnatoli has much to be proud ofrebnatoli has much to be proud ofrebnatoli has much to be proud ofrebnatoli has much to be proud ofrebnatoli has much to be proud ofrebnatoli has much to be proud ofrebnatoli has much to be proud of
Default Re: Not very regular on this forum but

Congratulations - we are really hoping to hear this week or next. Enjoy the celebrations
Old Oct 16th 2006, 12:28 pm
BE Enthusiast

Auzziebound is just really niceAuzziebound is just really niceAuzziebound is just really niceAuzziebound is just really niceAuzziebound is just really niceAuzziebound is just really niceAuzziebound is just really niceAuzziebound is just really niceAuzziebound is just really niceAuzziebound is just really niceAuzziebound is just really nice

Originally Posted by Spikey

To say we've been stressed the last few weeks is the understatement of the century!

I expect to be browsing this forum a lot more now to pick up tips on everything from shipping to settling. We have flights booked via Hong Kong on 23rd Nov and are due to arrive in Melbourne 28th Nov.

So much to do before then (our house sale is going through and we should be able to complete on 17th Nov) but today me & my OH are just sitting here grinning inanely

Congratulation and hope all your plans go well.

We had our visa granted a few weeks ago and our house goes up for sale this week. We are planning to go after christmas as we are still waiting on my parents visa being granted. We are also going to Melbourne and it can't come quick enough.

Jane
Old Oct 16th 2006, 12:49 pm
BE Enthusiast

marvinc is a glorious beacon of lightmarvinc is a glorious beacon of lightmarvinc is a glorious beacon of lightmarvinc is a glorious beacon of lightmarvinc is a glorious beacon of lightmarvinc is a glorious beacon of lightmarvinc is a glorious beacon of lightmarvinc is a glorious beacon of lightmarvinc is a glorious beacon of lightmarvinc is a glorious beacon of lightmarvinc is a glorious beacon of light

Congratulations
Old Oct 16th 2006, 12:51 pm
BE Enthusiast

sunshine23 has a reputation beyond reputesunshine23 has a reputation beyond reputesunshine23 has a reputation beyond reputesunshine23 has a reputation beyond reputesunshine23 has a reputation beyond reputesunshine23 has a reputation beyond reputesunshine23 has a reputation beyond reputesunshine23 has a reputation beyond reputesunshine23 has a reputation beyond reputesunshine23 has a reputation beyond reputesunshine23 has a reputation beyond repute

Congratulations. It must be a great feeling. Feel sick every day waiting.

Sunshine23
Old Oct 16th 2006, 12:58 pm
BE Enthusiast

Madhouse! is a jewel in the roughMadhouse! is a jewel in the roughMadhouse! is a jewel in the roughMadhouse! is a jewel in the roughMadhouse! is a jewel in the rough

Congrats great feeling isnt it
Old Oct 16th 2006, 1:02 pm
BE Forum Addict

DebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond repute

i remember that feeling - congratulations
Old Oct 16th 2006, 1:05 pm
The Godfather

Bordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to behold

Yeah well done Spikey, great refief when you find out you can get in.
Where in Melbourne are you planning on living?

Look forward to seeing you at one of our Melbourne BBQs / meet ups.
Old Oct 16th 2006, 1:13 pm
Newbie!

Spikey is a name known to allSpikey is a name known to allSpikey is a name known to allSpikey is a name known to allSpikey is a name known to allSpikey is a name known to allSpikey is a name known to allSpikey is a name known to allSpikey is a name known to allSpikey is a name known to allSpikey is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Auzziebound
Congratulation and hope all your plans go well.

We had our visa granted a few weeks ago and our house goes up for sale this week. We are planning to go after christmas as we are still waiting on my parents visa being granted. We are also going to Melbourne and it can't come quick enough.

Jane
Aww, see you there! We were really risking it a bit by booking our flights before getting our visa, and we were very worried our little girl's medical might hold us up (she is having a couple of tests after having a urine infection in the summer). But it seems not.

Hope your house sells quickly and your parents get their visa soon!
Old Oct 16th 2006, 1:14 pm
Newbie!

Originally Posted by rebnatoli
Congratulations - we are really hoping to hear this week or next. Enjoy the celebrations
We will do, hubby had a wisdom tooth out under G.A last Friday so isn't up to drinking much at the moment. But I am

Hope you hear soon - the waiting has just been intolerable.
Old Oct 16th 2006, 1:15 pm
Newbie!

Originally Posted by marvinc
Congratulations
Thanks marvinc!
Old Oct 16th 2006, 1:16 pm
Newbie!

Originally Posted by sunshine23
Congratulations. It must be a great feeling. Feel sick every day waiting.

Sunshine23

Ohh yes, I know what you mean - that sick feeling has been descending on me every morning as soon as I wake for the last few weeks.

I am euphoric - but euphoria is being replaced by OMG - HOW much have we got to do!!

I hope you hear soon.
Old Oct 16th 2006, 1:17 pm
Newbie!

Originally Posted by Madhouse!
Congrats great feeling isnt it
It is indeed! Thanks!
BE Forum Addict

samnsam has a reputation beyond reputesamnsam has a reputation beyond reputesamnsam has a reputation beyond reputesamnsam has a reputation beyond reputesamnsam has a reputation beyond reputesamnsam has a reputation beyond reputesamnsam has a reputation beyond reputesamnsam has a reputation beyond reputesamnsam has a reputation beyond reputesamnsam has a reputation beyond reputesamnsam has a reputation beyond repute

is that grinning inanely or insanely Ha ha. Congratulations, and dont forget to keep us all upto date with your pre-OZ and post-OZ plans. Cant believe how excited I get when another BE member announces they have their Visa, what the hell am I gona be like when its eventually our turn. Good Luck, and enjoy a few .
Sam x.
Newbie!

Originally Posted by DebraH
i remember that feeling - congratulations
thanks Debra! It's a great feeling!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.