Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

This is not a trolling post ...

This is not a trolling post ...

Old Sep 15th 2005, 2:02 pm
Account Closed

Three Legs is an unknown quantity at this point
Default This is not a trolling post ...

We had our eldest boys feet measured in Clarks on Saturday morning and a lovely Australian girl called Chantal served us ...

Needless to say the conversation went along the lines of something like this ...

Me: (Finding myself mentioning it all too often) ... So, you're from Oz then ... ?

Chantal: Yeah ...

Me: (Extracting blood from a stone) ... Whereabouts ? ... We're heading for Perth in February ...

Chantal: Really ... I'm from the East coast, just outside of Brizzie ... You're doing the right thing going to Perth, great for families ...

Me: How's Brisbane ... ?

Chantal: It's a hole, dirty and not a great place at all ... On the way down ...

Now I have to say I was shocked to hear that ... a local badmouthing their own city.

I've never visited Brisbane so can't really comment on what it's really like.

Brisbane is nice ... right ?
Old Sep 15th 2005, 2:04 pm
Chocoholic

Juliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: This is not a trolling post ...

It's beautiful
Old Sep 15th 2005, 2:09 pm
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Three Legs
We had our eldest boys feet measured in Clarks on Saturday morning and a lovely Australian girl called Chantal served us ...

Needless to say the conversation went along the lines of something like this ...

Me: (Finding myself mentioning it all too often) ... So, you're from Oz then ... ?

Me: (Extracting blood from a stone) ... Whereabouts ? ... We're heading for Perth in February ...

Chantal: Really ... I'm from the East coast, just outside of Brizzie ... You're doing the right thing going to Perth, great for families ...

Chantal: It's a hole, dirty and not a great place at all ... On the way down ...

Now I have to say I was shocked to hear that ... a local badmouthing their own city.

I agree with her. We didn't like the place & couldn't see what all the fuss is about.
Old Sep 15th 2005, 2:11 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

OzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond repute

I don't believe you! She would have been called Kylie or Shazza or something like that, Chantal, no way.

Brissie's fine, what would a Queensland country bumpkin called Chantal know about anything.

OzTennis
Old Sep 15th 2005, 2:11 pm

merlotsmum is an unknown quantity at this point

On behalf of the Queensland Tourist Board
Old Sep 15th 2005, 2:16 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

OzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond repute

On second thoughts, she wasn't Kimmie, look at moiye, was she?

OzTennis
Old Sep 15th 2005, 2:21 pm
BE Forum Addict

manxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond repute

This is from an Aussie in Douglas?

I would hate to think of what her thoughts are on Douglas?
Old Sep 15th 2005, 2:22 pm
Account Closed

Go ask her ...

She wasn't too kind towards her "home" city ...

Originally Posted by manxfamily
This is from an Aussie in Douglas?

I would hate to think of what her thoughts are on Douglas?
Old Sep 15th 2005, 3:14 pm
Karma earned, not whored

CadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of light

I thought she was a shoe salesperson, not a travel agent, or realator.
Everyone is going to give you their own opinion of a place or subject, if she thought it a hole, thats her opinion, doesnt make her wrong does it, I think Brissie is very nice, but perhaps I didnt visit the area she lived in, which may indeed have been a hole.

I personally think Port Erin is bobbins, but doubt you agree.
Old Sep 15th 2005, 3:18 pm
BE Forum Addict

manxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by CadburysFingers
Everyone is going to give you their own opinion of a place or subject, if she thought it a hole, thats her opinion, doesnt make her wrong does it, I think Brissie is very nice, but perhaps I didnt visit the area she lived in, which may indeed have been a hole.

ahh Port Erin - The Jewel of The South!!!
Old Sep 15th 2005, 3:19 pm
Account Closed

Port Erin ...

Nasty place is that

Originally Posted by CadburysFingers

Old Sep 15th 2005, 3:34 pm

tiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond repute

I worked with an aussie nurse from brisbane last week, and she thought it was a fab place to live. she did say north was better than the south side, but it was 'fayntaystic all over' !

cant say from personal experience, but as many of the 'old crowd' post from up there, they usually give it a thumbs up, so it cant be toooooo bad.

Old Sep 15th 2005, 3:55 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by tiredwithtwins
I worked with an aussie nurse from brisbane last week, and she thought it was a fab place to live. she did say north was better than the south side, but it was 'fayntaystic all over' !

cant say from personal experience, but as many of the 'old crowd' post from up there, they usually give it a thumbs up, so it cant be toooooo bad.

Funny you should mention that, I am actively researching the Northern Suburbs now. I have to admit I am liking what Im seeing. I think I would prefer to be nearer Sunshine Coast rather than Gold Coast.
Old Sep 15th 2005, 8:43 pm
BE Forum Addict

wanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to behold

Would you believe someone who was originally only going to fly to Perth to visit rellies for a few days and couldn't understand all the fuss that funny sounding immigration control officer made about a passport after such a loooooong flight..........

WW
Old Sep 16th 2005, 11:10 am

chatty34 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by OzTennis
I don't believe you! She would have been called Kylie or Shazza or something like that, Chantal, no way.

Brissie's fine, what would a Queensland country bumpkin called Chantal know about anything.

OzTennis

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.