Reload this Page >

Not too hot, not too humid....

Not too hot, not too humid....

Old Feb 3rd 2006, 7:30 am
I have a dream....

ELBART is an unknown quantity at this point
Cool Not too hot, not too humid....

Hi All,

I am contemplating Oz as a possible destination for the family to settle down in but the wife is concerned about the hot weather and that it will be too hot and humid for her. I myself prefer a climate that is about 25 to 30 degrees C, but not too humid. I have been told that Brisbane is a viable option and that near the coast would be the best bet. Would anybody who has been in Oz for all it's seasons be able to tell me what would be an ideal city / suburb.

Thanks in advance.

Elbart
Old Feb 3rd 2006, 7:39 am
BE Enthusiast

Rabc is a glorious beacon of lightRabc is a glorious beacon of lightRabc is a glorious beacon of lightRabc is a glorious beacon of lightRabc is a glorious beacon of lightRabc is a glorious beacon of lightRabc is a glorious beacon of lightRabc is a glorious beacon of lightRabc is a glorious beacon of lightRabc is a glorious beacon of lightRabc is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Not too hot, not too humid....

Originally Posted by ELBART
Hi All,

I am contemplating Oz as a possible destination for the family to settle down in but the wife is concerned about the hot weather and that it will be too hot and humid for her. I myself prefer a climate that is about 25 to 30 degrees C, but not too humid. I have been told that Brisbane is a viable option and that near the coast would be the best bet. Would anybody who has been in Oz for all it's seasons be able to tell me what would be an ideal city / suburb.

Thanks in advance.

Elbart

Hi Elbart,

Brisbane and Perth and indeed all the major cities can regulalry get hotter than 30°C and often hotter than we are up in Townsville during the summer. (and that is hot - 42.1 max in Dec :scared: ) I would suggest you look south of the tropics say: the Gold Coast to Perth and all apoints south of that line.
Old Feb 3rd 2006, 7:45 am
Forum Regular

Sujy will become famous soon enoughSujy will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Melbourne is "Not too hot, not too humid...."

Melbourne is fairly temperate. It does have hot days but these rarely come together so you can cope a little better.

Melbourne also has changing seasons. winter can be "cold" - not to UK standards but sometimes as low as 5 o'c and summer can be hot in the 40 o'c.

The song "4 seasons in one day" sums up Melbourne weather nicely, but at least it makes life interesting.

I am no expert as I haven't been here too long myself - but my sister has been here for a while and she loves the changeability of the weather.

Hope this helps - good luck with whatever you decide to do.

Su J
Mornington Peninsula, Victoria
Old Feb 3rd 2006, 7:59 am
BE Forum Addict

joho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond repute

Have you considered Tasmania.

Seriously, most of oz (apart from Taz) is ofter in the 30s. We had a very hot new years day here with temps hitting 48 not helped by the bush fire on the door step and the fact we didnt have working air con . If you want temps between those figures Taz is the only option.

Jo
Old Feb 3rd 2006, 8:44 am
I have a dream....

Smile Re: Not too hot, not too humid....

Thank you all for your informative replies.
Old Feb 3rd 2006, 8:48 am
Wol
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond repute

The Southern Highlands are generally not humid: it does of course get hot but the dryness makes it feel pleasant.
Old Feb 3rd 2006, 9:13 am
ABCDiamond

Hi All,

Thanks in advance.

Elbart
If you do head up here, make sure you are on the coast then. My area normally doesn't go above about 30C, but during 2005 we had a highest temp of 37°C on 30th Dec, and the 2nd highest day was 34°C on 28th Dec.

I have some actual temps at: Cleveland Temps The humidity is different though, and difficult to tell how an individual handles it.

Even down in Sydney, if you are inland it can get very hot. We had some 40C days before we moved up to cooler Brisbane Bayside

Old Feb 3rd 2006, 9:38 am
BE Forum Addict

lesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond repute

We chose Mount Tamborine (Gold Coast hinterland) for just these reasons. Hottest it has been in 2 summers so far is 34. It's up to 4 or 5 degs cooler than sea-level and we can still see the sea.
Old Feb 3rd 2006, 9:59 am
Banned

Lord Pom Percy is a splendid one to beholdLord Pom Percy is a splendid one to beholdLord Pom Percy is a splendid one to beholdLord Pom Percy is a splendid one to beholdLord Pom Percy is a splendid one to beholdLord Pom Percy is a splendid one to beholdLord Pom Percy is a splendid one to beholdLord Pom Percy is a splendid one to beholdLord Pom Percy is a splendid one to beholdLord Pom Percy is a splendid one to beholdLord Pom Percy is a splendid one to behold

Hi All,

Thanks in advance.

Elbart
Why not find a weather web site that has the average temperatures for each state throughout the year. Victoria has the coolest weather apart from Tasmania. But Victoria can get cold in winter down to 0-5 degrees and snows in some parts, probably does'nt have as many hot days during summer as most other states.
Old Feb 3rd 2006, 10:04 am
Banned

Lord Pom Percy is a splendid one to beholdLord Pom Percy is a splendid one to beholdLord Pom Percy is a splendid one to beholdLord Pom Percy is a splendid one to beholdLord Pom Percy is a splendid one to beholdLord Pom Percy is a splendid one to beholdLord Pom Percy is a splendid one to beholdLord Pom Percy is a splendid one to beholdLord Pom Percy is a splendid one to beholdLord Pom Percy is a splendid one to beholdLord Pom Percy is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by joho
Have you considered Tasmania.

Seriously, most of oz (apart from Taz) is ofter in the 30s. We had a very hot new years day here with temps hitting 48 not helped by the bush fire on the door step and the fact we didnt have working air con . If you want temps between those figures Taz is the only option.

Jo
Most of OZ is'nt often in the 30's, during summer it is often in the 30's but most of the year it is under 25c and in winter it can get very cold.

Last edited by Lord Pom Percy; Feb 3rd 2006 at 10:07 am.
Old Feb 3rd 2006, 10:32 pm
BE Forum Addict

joho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Lord Pom Percy
Most of OZ is'nt often in the 30's, during summer it is often in the 30's but most of the year it is under 25c and in winter it can get very cold.
Maybe we've been unlucky with the weather, its our first summer and when the forecast is for 30 I find myself saying, oh thank god a cooler day tomorrow. The poster who suggested the southen highlands is right about the temp being good (never thought of there) my rellies used to live there and said it was very pleasnt in the summer, but cold in the winter. Good news is that finally after 8 weeks we have our air con working.

Jo
Old Feb 3rd 2006, 10:58 pm

Scotty123 is an unknown quantity at this point

Melbourne is about teh same as the UK just a bit hotter sometimes... but basically the same climate...
Old Feb 3rd 2006, 11:18 pm
Banned

Lewis Lapthorn has a reputation beyond reputeLewis Lapthorn has a reputation beyond reputeLewis Lapthorn has a reputation beyond reputeLewis Lapthorn has a reputation beyond reputeLewis Lapthorn has a reputation beyond reputeLewis Lapthorn has a reputation beyond reputeLewis Lapthorn has a reputation beyond reputeLewis Lapthorn has a reputation beyond reputeLewis Lapthorn has a reputation beyond reputeLewis Lapthorn has a reputation beyond reputeLewis Lapthorn has a reputation beyond repute

Hi All,

Thanks in advance.

Elbart
Best thing to do is get your arse out there for a holiday and reccie Elbart. If it's the heat that might bother you come in Jan/Feb.

I was the opposite. It was the oppression of the winters that interested me, so spent an autumn/winter in WA and then a spring in NSW & Queensland.
Old Feb 4th 2006, 11:30 am
I have a dream....

Originally Posted by Lewis Lapthorn
Best thing to do is get your arse out there for a holiday and reccie Elbart. If it's the heat that might bother you come in Jan/Feb.

I was the opposite. It was the oppression of the winters that interested me, so spent an autumn/winter in WA and then a spring in NSW & Queensland.

Yes, a reccie is planned, and probably during Oz summertime, and these informative posts will probably decide where's best - thanks all.

Elbart
Old Feb 4th 2006, 1:25 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

BadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ScottyTee
Melbourne is about teh same as the UK just a bit hotter sometimes... but basically the same climate...
Theres a bit of truth in this, ie on average, in the winter, Melbourne is at least 5 degrees warmer......I'm comparing recent UK mild winters more than 2 years ago. I know the last 2 have been cold. (5 degrees makes a big difference). But even in mid winter, you will get winter sun occasionally, if not quite on the same scale as Sydney.

However, in summer, extremes mean that Melbourne gets quite a bit hotter. There's no contest.

Melbourne is also uniformly warmer for longer. eg Its starts warming up in Oct and is still very sunny if alot cooler in April and May/ equivalent to Oct/November in UK. When was the last day you got 30 degrees in October in the UK?

This 4 seasons bizo is overkill. Just a crowded house lyric. Melbourne can get a quick change come through. If you get any funny weather, its just one of those things. Its not like it snows, rains, shines ...well OK maybe but don't read too much in to it.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.