Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

not taking a great deal myself..

not taking a great deal myself..

Old May 27th 2003, 7:32 pm
Badge

Default not taking a great deal myself..

Hi

lots of people are paying thousands of pounds for a container to practically put their house in it seems.

i'm just taking 8 crates (maybe 2-3 tea chests) and some loose gear. Say a station wagon car-load. What sort of prices could I expect to pay? Would I have to go halves/quarters/eights on a container?!!

thanks in advance

badgers

Old May 27th 2003, 7:35 pm
Pass The Post

Location: Ping Ponged York via Melbourne and now pinged to Ferny Hills, Brisbane
joh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: not taking a great deal myself..

Originally posted by badgersmount
Hi

lots of people are paying thousands of pounds for a container to practically put their house in it seems.

i'm just taking 8 crates (maybe 2-3 tea chests) and some loose gear. Say a station wagon car-load. What sort of prices could I expect to pay? Would I have to go halves/quarters/eights on a container?!!

thanks in advance

badgers

I'm interested in the qoute too as we are planning on taking about the same.

I had a quote from Excess Baggage for around 550 but not really started to shop around. Will do once house is sold. Plan is to send our stuff way before we go friends will store it and it may arrive by the time we do

Jo
Old May 27th 2003, 7:42 pm
Forum Regular

garywarby is an unknown quantity at this point

HI,
Ditto! All I want to take is our precious bed and maybe bits and bats!
Gary
Old May 27th 2003, 7:44 pm
Badge

Originally posted by garywarby
HI,
Ditto! All I want to take is our precious bed and maybe bits and bats!
Gary

bats. Yup that reminds me. better go and pack 'em. they're hanging up side down getting ready for life down under. maybe they'll sit right way up down there.

Old May 27th 2003, 7:51 pm
Forum Regular

garywarby is an unknown quantity at this point

Did I forget to mention my real nam e is Vincent Price!!

:scared::scared:
Old May 27th 2003, 9:06 pm
A Male Member

PeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud of

Im paying £600 door to door for 15 tea chests and 2 bike boxes...
Old May 27th 2003, 9:31 pm
Badge

Originally posted by PeteY
Im paying £600 door to door for 15 tea chests and 2 bike boxes...
great - mine should be cheap as chips then -

<queensland accent> Eh? </queensland accent>

say couple of hundred. Who are you going with?!

badgers

Old May 27th 2003, 9:32 pm
Forum Regular

suffolkdiva is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Pete,

Where did you get that quote from?

We're not taking that much. Most of our stuff is old and second hand and we always said we would ditch it and buy new when we moved......only we never did!!

So it's mainly sentimental stuff we need to take. Did an online quote with John Masons the other night which came to about £1000, but your total seems much more my style!

Helen
Old May 27th 2003, 9:43 pm
A Male Member

PeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud of

Now....i have a feeling that 600 might be mates rates... My uncle owns a shipping company (just a very small one). We said to him to give us a normal full quote, which he said he did.

Not sure if he was telling porkies tho.

When i went to oz b4 we sent 2 teachests and they cost 114 each (that was with another company)....but it does get far cheaper the more u send.

Cheers
Pete.
Old May 27th 2003, 9:43 pm
too busy to work members

yafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really nice

Originally posted by suffolkdiva
Hi Pete,

Where did you get that quote from?

We're not taking that much. Most of our stuff is old and second hand and we always said we would ditch it and buy new when we moved......only we never did!!

So it's mainly sentimental stuff we need to take. Did an online quote with John Masons the other night which came to about £1000, but your total seems much more my style!

Helen

Try PSS they are very reliable and good on their measuring - from my experience
Old May 27th 2003, 9:51 pm
BE Forum Addict

mashiraz is an unknown quantity at this point

We had quote for £450 for 80 sq foot in case we overfilled a 20' container!!

Mash

Hi

thanks in advance

badgers
Old Jun 1st 2003, 11:49 pm
Forum Regular

Qburn1 is on a distinguished road

We paid less than 400 for 3 teachests and 6 book boxes with seven seas baggage.
Old Jun 2nd 2003, 5:44 am
BE Forum Addict

dotty is on a distinguished road

Hi

thanks in advance

badgers
Hey Badgers dont forget to pack the light aircraft, film crew, cork hats, and the harem of backpackers so obviously infatuated with you.
Old Jun 2nd 2003, 6:17 am
Y Ddraig Goch

Location: Body is in Brissie. Heart and soul has long flown home.
Ceri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to all

Originally posted by dotty
Hey Badgers dont forget to pack the light aircraft, film crew, cork hats, and the harem of backpackers so obviously infatuated with you.
He's also forgot his truck/lorry.
Old Jun 2nd 2003, 7:08 am
Banned

Megalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant future

I thought you two would be too busy with each other to become jealous.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.