Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

not sure what to title this!

not sure what to title this!

Old Jan 31st 2011, 12:32 am
Frequent Flyer Member

bcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: not sure what to title this!

Originally Posted by EinsteinJ
.....you will be PR for 5 years regardless your married situation.
...and regardless of whether you were the main applicant or a dependant.
Old Jan 31st 2011, 3:27 am
BE Enthusiast

mala is just really nicemala is just really nicemala is just really nicemala is just really nicemala is just really nicemala is just really nicemala is just really nicemala is just really nicemala is just really nicemala is just really nicemala is just really nice

Originally Posted by Jaycee1
Are you having a laugh?
1. IMO I don't think its a good idea to lie like this
2. You cannot claim unemployment benefit for 2 years.Apply for child maintenance from the ex rather than what you can get from Centrelink.
3. The only benefits you could claim are Tax Benefit A and rent assistance. They are not enough to live off.

To rent a house most agencies ask for a months bond and a months rent in advance. My rental was $340 week but paid $1477 a month rent.
Some companies charge a connection fee for water, electricity and gas. Not sure about phones.
We went through money like water for the first few months setting up a home, cars and kids schools then searching for jobs.
IMHO Its not a move for the faint hearted or those wearing rose tinted glasses.
1. it aint a lie at all.. you dont need inform the immigration if you divorce after the validation... so if you dont know anything about the immigration rules.. then pls refrain from answering questions regarding it in future!

2. i never asked about unemployment benefits , i asked about rent assitance and family tax benefits, so kindly read the questions more carefully next time you answer a post.

3. thanks! i already have mentioned it in my post if you really noted it..

The rest of your passage. - Thanks for the info.. dont worry too much about my rose tinted glasses.. but do try reading the questions with your sunglasses off..

Last edited by mala; Jan 31st 2011 at 3:56 am.
Old Jan 31st 2011, 3:31 am
BE Enthusiast

mala is just really nicemala is just really nicemala is just really nicemala is just really nicemala is just really nicemala is just really nicemala is just really nicemala is just really nicemala is just really nicemala is just really nicemala is just really nice

Originally Posted by Centurion
I was wondering that. The OP has made no mention of fraud or lies. Quite the reverse in fact in trying to do the right thing.

As to sponging. You can't tell me that any of you lot with kids and you are eligible for tax credits don't claim them. We all know that you can't claim benefits for 2 years so how about winding your necks in a bit and cutting someone some slack who is trying to make a better life, find a job to support her family, you know - exactly what everyone else is doing.

To the OP, now you have validated your visa your a PR in your own right (provided it was the usual independent visa). Your martial status you just have to prove to claim any necessary centerlink benefits your eligible for.
great.. thanks mate.. at least some people who immigrate to aus have something called brains!!
Old Jan 31st 2011, 3:32 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by eddie007
Mala, is your Dad included on your visa? hats off to you taking this enormous step of coming here 'alone' with dependents... Hope it all works out for you
i sure hope so too
Old Jan 31st 2011, 3:37 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by snurse42
What makes you think you have the right to move to a new country and have the people who have paid their taxes and worked their butts off support you and your family when we are struggling to get by ourselves???????
Get yourself sorted out before you consider moving anywhere else!!!!
i see that you are not one of the bright ones who have immigrated to aus.. sad situation... dont think i should comment more.. i'm sure the others here already know your mentality
too bad ppl like you have to be in aus too .. its so sad...

Last edited by mala; Jan 31st 2011 at 4:02 am.
Old Jan 31st 2011, 3:40 am
BE Enthusiast

To all the other who understood the question and gave me their wonderful opinions and views as always.. thank you so much!
Old Jan 31st 2011, 3:47 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Pollyana
1) The OP has validated her visa but was the main applicant anyway so beign divorced would not have affected her visa
2) As the OP has validated her visa she does not need to inform DIAC about the divorce
3) The OP should note that if she is divorced in her home country then she will probably also be considered divorced under Australian law and should fill in all paperwork with her status as "divorced" not as "married", regardless of whether she has informed Immigration of the divorce. Centrelink may well require a copy of the divorce certificate.

Can we try and keep replies objective please
polly to the rescue as always.. thanks ! appreaciate your views as always!
Old Jan 31st 2011, 3:49 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by bcworld
...and regardless of whether you were the main applicant or a dependant.
thanks mate!
Old Jan 31st 2011, 3:58 am
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mala
1. it aint a lie at all.. you dont need inform the immigration if you divorce after the validation... so if you dont know anything about the immigration rules.. then pls refrain from answering questions regarding it in future!

2. i never asked about unemployment benefits , i asked about rent assitance and family tax benefits, so kindly read the questions more carefully next time you answer a post.

3. thanks! i already have mentioned it in my post if you really noted it..

The rest of your passage. - Thanks for the info.. dont worry too much about my rose tinted glasses.. but do try reading the questions with your sunglasses off..
Originally Posted by mala
i see that you are not one of the bright ones who have immigrated to aus.. sad situation... dont think i should comment more i'm sure the others here already know your mentality
It's really not necessary for you to be so rude. You asked a question and people answered based on the (confusing) information you gave. I was about to give you advise, but after seeing your reply decided you're not worth it.
Old Jan 31st 2011, 4:04 am
221b Baker Street

Sherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond repute

The OP has now received the answers that she needed. No need for further discussion.

Thread closed.