Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Not so funny now!!!

Not so funny now!!!

Old Jun 12th 2005, 11:51 pm
Forum Regular

charlie63 has a brilliant futurecharlie63 has a brilliant futurecharlie63 has a brilliant futurecharlie63 has a brilliant futurecharlie63 has a brilliant futurecharlie63 has a brilliant futurecharlie63 has a brilliant future
Red face Not so funny now!!!

A week or so ago I had a bit of a giggle over a thread I picked up on, re: stuff breaking down before you move!!

Well teach me a lesson in charity 2 days later accepted offer on house which has integrated washer dryer - yep 1 day after tumble dryer packed up!! £30 later sorted. Went away for w/e on return washing machine all puckered out. Clever hubby sorted it no £.

Next day put roof down on my Barcetta :scared: rear plastic window cracked - £400 from Fiat for a replacement - not going there so replaced roof for £ 255

2 days after car! Tv £25 for a guy to come out and read instructions from a print out from the Internet!!!!! Told hubby to take up Tv repairs obviously where the money is.

Wow 3 days nothing happening all going well! of course PC feeling left out mmmm pukes and dies & needs resuscitation. Will get bill tomorrow

Then the final kick in the teeth got several phone calls yesterday & for some reason we could hear everyone but yep you guessed it no one could hear US!!!! - £6 sainsbury new phone.

Then in the middle of all that booked Shipping agents to come this Tuesday to pack up the rest of our life it all before it all self destructs - £1399

My poor debit card is in shock and is refusing to come out of my purse for air (don't blame eh!)

So be warned - next time you read something and start to grin :scared: be scared be very scared.

Charlie
Old Jun 13th 2005, 1:27 am
Anything,Anytime,Anywhere

The Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Not so funny now!!!

Originally Posted by charlie63
A week or so ago I had a bit of a giggle over a thread I picked up on, re: stuff breaking down before you move!!

Well teach me a lesson in charity 2 days later accepted offer on house which has integrated washer dryer - yep 1 day after tumble dryer packed up!! £30 later sorted. Went away for w/e on return washing machine all puckered out. Clever hubby sorted it no £.

Next day put roof down on my Barcetta :scared: rear plastic window cracked - £400 from Fiat for a replacement - not going there so replaced roof for £ 255

2 days after car! Tv £25 for a guy to come out and read instructions from a print out from the Internet!!!!! Told hubby to take up Tv repairs obviously where the money is.

Wow 3 days nothing happening all going well! of course PC feeling left out mmmm pukes and dies & needs resuscitation. Will get bill tomorrow

Then the final kick in the teeth got several phone calls yesterday & for some reason we could hear everyone but yep you guessed it no one could hear US!!!! - £6 sainsbury new phone.

Then in the middle of all that booked Shipping agents to come this Tuesday to pack up the rest of our life it all before it all self destructs - £1399

My poor debit card is in shock and is refusing to come out of my purse for air (don't blame eh!)

So be warned - next time you read something and start to grin :scared: be scared be very scared.

Charlie
I think the system works just as well in Australia. After 11 years at a place in Clayfield, not a hiccup. 7 weeks after moving from Clayfield to Aspley, the car was totalled in a crash and less tha 2 weeks later the washing machine decides it is not going to pump the water out and spin, and not a black cat in sight.