Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Not so expensive? (grocery comparison)

Not so expensive? (grocery comparison)

Old Mar 29th 2010, 3:36 am
Account Closed

kporte is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Not so expensive? (grocery comparison)

Originally Posted by Lord_Farquar
My top loader was good at getting stains out of my clothes after I had been dancing in the moonlight.
Come again?
Old Mar 29th 2010, 3:36 am
Banned

Lord_Farquar has a reputation beyond reputeLord_Farquar has a reputation beyond reputeLord_Farquar has a reputation beyond reputeLord_Farquar has a reputation beyond reputeLord_Farquar has a reputation beyond reputeLord_Farquar has a reputation beyond reputeLord_Farquar has a reputation beyond reputeLord_Farquar has a reputation beyond reputeLord_Farquar has a reputation beyond reputeLord_Farquar has a reputation beyond reputeLord_Farquar has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by AllGoode
I can assure you that adds less than nothing to the topic.
Thanks I try my best.
Old Mar 29th 2010, 3:37 am
Banned

Lord_Farquar has a reputation beyond reputeLord_Farquar has a reputation beyond reputeLord_Farquar has a reputation beyond reputeLord_Farquar has a reputation beyond reputeLord_Farquar has a reputation beyond reputeLord_Farquar has a reputation beyond reputeLord_Farquar has a reputation beyond reputeLord_Farquar has a reputation beyond reputeLord_Farquar has a reputation beyond reputeLord_Farquar has a reputation beyond reputeLord_Farquar has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kporte
Come again?
Said the vicar to his wife.
Old Mar 29th 2010, 3:39 am
Banned

AllGoode is just really niceAllGoode is just really niceAllGoode is just really niceAllGoode is just really niceAllGoode is just really niceAllGoode is just really niceAllGoode is just really niceAllGoode is just really niceAllGoode is just really nice

Ah top loader.... bad for your clothes and uses too much water.
I notice that put about here.

My wife does hand wash some things like jackets but everything else goes through and we have not had anything bad happen to our clothes.

It may be that the clothes that posters here own are more delicate than the clothes we own. But I think the problem is that people who have used front loaders don't use top loaders properly.

My top loader does use more water than a modern front loader but water is cheap and I don't mind my clothes being rinsed well.
Old Mar 29th 2010, 3:41 am
Mostly Harmless

DeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond repute

I am Scottish and nothing makes you feel more manly than wearing a kilt! I know to the uninitiated that wearing a skirt may seem the opposite of manliness but I wore it to the Virgin Blue birthday party one year and in spite of being a very average looking bloke, I was cracked onto by hot chicks the entire night!
Kilt ... Virgin ... Blue ... there must be a joke there somewhere!

But fair play to you and your sporran.
Old Mar 29th 2010, 3:43 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by DeadVim
Kilt ... Virgin ... Blue ... there must be a joke there somewhere!

But fair play to you and your sporran.
It's hard to believe that wearing a skirt with a dead seal strapped to your crotch is good for pulling women but there you go eh!
Old Mar 29th 2010, 3:45 am
Mostly Harmless

DeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond repute

It's hard to believe that wearing a skirt with a dead seal strapped to your crotch is good for pulling women but there you go eh!
Sounds like some wild celebratory night out for a Japanese 'scientific research' shipping crew on shore leave.

They would have to wear "Free Willy!" t-shirts.
Old Mar 29th 2010, 3:46 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by DeadVim
Sounds like some wild celebratory night out for a Japanese 'scientific research' shipping crew on shore leave.

They would have to wear "Free Willy!" t-shirts.
I certainly never charge for it.
Old Mar 29th 2010, 3:46 am
Banned

I notice that put about here.

My wife does hand wash some things like jackets but everything else goes through and we have not had anything bad happen to our clothes.

It may be that the clothes that posters here own are more delicate than the clothes we own. But I think the problem is that people who have used front loaders don't use top loaders properly.

My top loader does use more water than a modern front loader but water is cheap and I don't mind my clothes being rinsed well.
I hadn't seen a top loader since I was a kid until I moved to Australia.

They are so old fashioned and should not be sold anymore, especially given the water shortages in some states.
Old Mar 29th 2010, 3:47 am
Banned

AllGoode is just really niceAllGoode is just really niceAllGoode is just really niceAllGoode is just really niceAllGoode is just really niceAllGoode is just really niceAllGoode is just really niceAllGoode is just really niceAllGoode is just really nice

Beautifully put. You mean your wife is a spendthrift and you're a tightarse!
Ta. We are a good team. She has wonderful recipes that can make cheap ingredients into tasty wholesome meals and sometimes she just needs a bit of financial rectitude to stir her into bring out another beauty.
Old Mar 29th 2010, 3:49 am
Banned

I hadn't seen a top loader since I was a kid until I moved to Australia.

They are so old fashioned and should not be sold anymore, especially given the water shortages in some states.
You are a silly boy; buying washing machines according to fashion. Mine is old and still works well, fashionable or not.
Old Mar 29th 2010, 3:54 am
BE Enthusiast

Hino has a reputation beyond reputeHino has a reputation beyond reputeHino has a reputation beyond reputeHino has a reputation beyond reputeHino has a reputation beyond reputeHino has a reputation beyond reputeHino has a reputation beyond reputeHino has a reputation beyond reputeHino has a reputation beyond reputeHino has a reputation beyond reputeHino has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Dreamy
Its pretty amazing how some people can remember an average total shopping amount from one moment to the next.

If you're struggling with that, I'm sure ABCDiamond can recommend a spreadsheet program for you.
Not a lot of "struggle" in my life at the moment thanks

You seem a little 'terse' so I hope I haven't offended. I was merely interested how a "lazy" shopper who couldn't be bothered to check prices could state...

"I haven't really seen a noticeable rise in my shopping costs."

Now that you have explained that your system is to compare bills regardless of trolley contents, then your methodology is clear and no spreadsheet is required.

Thanks for taking the time to explain.

Happy shopping
Old Mar 29th 2010, 3:59 am
Banned

You are a silly boy; buying washing machines according to fashion. Mine is old and still works well, fashionable or not.
Grandad, what are you talking about now?

I said they shouldn't sell them in shops anymore. They should only sell front loaders as they are more efficient.

I wasn't advocating buying a new machine because of 'fashion'.
Old Mar 29th 2010, 4:03 am
Account Closed

iamthecreaturefromuranus is an unknown quantity at this point

Grandad, what are you talking about now?
I've been sitting here all day thinking
Same old dream ten years away thinking
Now my days are gone, memories linger on
Thoughts of when I was boy
Penny farthings on the street riding
Motorcars were funny things, frightening
Bow and hoops and spinning tops
Penny Dreadfuls, lollipops
Comic cuts, all different things

Grandad, grandad you're lovely
That's what we all think of you
Grandad grandad

Aeroplanes tied up with string flying
Telephones and talking things sighing
A radio and phonograph, Charlie Chaplin made us laugh
Silently falling about
Familiar things I keep around, near me
Memories of my younger days, clearly
Come into my mind
Everyday I find, thoughts of when I was boy

Grandad, Grandad..
Old Mar 29th 2010, 4:06 am
Banned

Originally Posted by iamthecreaturefromuranus
I've been sitting here all day thinking
Same old dream ten years away thinking
Now my days are gone, memories linger on
Thoughts of when I was boy
Penny farthings on the street riding
Motorcars were funny things, frightening
Bow and hoops and spinning tops
Penny Dreadfuls, lollipops
Comic cuts, all different things

Grandad grandad

Aeroplanes tied up with string flying
Telephones and talking things sighing
A radio and phonograph, Charlie Chaplin made us laugh
Silently falling about
Familiar things I keep around, near me
Memories of my younger days, clearly
Come into my mind
Everyday I find, thoughts of when I was boy

Grandad, Grandad..
Don't Panic Mr. Mainwaring!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.