Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Not priority but requested medicals by Adelaide?

Not priority but requested medicals by Adelaide?

Old Sep 5th 2002, 11:09 pm
Forum Regular

Nina is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Not priority but requested medicals by Adelaide?

I often look at the site www.austimeline.com to see how long others have waited for the medical request from Adelaide, but it seems to me that far not as many people that use this forum, fill their detailes at the mentioned site.

My question to the ones that are not processed as priority and have received the medical request from Adelaide is: "How long after the application did you receive the request?"

Everyone thanks in advance for answering
and good luck!

Nina
Old Sep 6th 2002, 8:42 am
Neil

Default Re: Not priority but requested medicals by Adelaide?

I sent my application to Adelaide on February 4th and they debited my credit card
account on February 15th 2002. I got a letter of acknowledgement on April 13th 2002
which seemed to take an age at the time. The letter stated that the whole processing
time would be approximately 50 weeks. I got a letter last week(27th August 2002)
requesting me to get my Police checks, x-rays and medicals done. There was a bit of
a shocker with that because the letter stated that the medical reports and police
checks have to be returned to them within 49 days of the date of the letter. Bearing
in mind that it took a week to get to me and will take a week to get back it only
leaves 5 weeks toget all the medicals, police checks etc. done in time. Not long
enough, as I whinged about on another posting. Also the instructions are either
innacurate or The designated doctors aren't informed properly by DIMA.

Neil

Old Sep 6th 2002, 10:49 am
Jaj

Default Re: Not priority but requested medicals by Adelaide?

If you are having problems meeting the 49 day deadline - especially with respect to
police checks - tell your case officer in advance.

As for the doctors not being informed properly about what they have to do, maybe
bring the letter with you to the appointment?

Jeremy

>On 6 Sep 2002 01:42:59 -0700, [email protected] (Neil) wrote: I sent my
    >application to Adelaide on February 4th and they debited my credit card account on
    >February 15th 2002. I got a letter of acknowledgement on April 13th 2002 which
    >seemed to take an age at the time. The letter stated that the whole processing time
    >would be approximately 50 weeks. I got a letter last week(27th August 2002)
    >requesting me to get my Police checks, x-rays and medicals done. There was a bit of
    >a shocker with that because the letter stated that the medical reports and police
    >checks have to be returned to them within 49 days of the date of the letter.
    >Bearing in mind that it took a week to get to me and will take a week to get back it
    >only leaves 5 weeks toget all the medicals, police checks etc. done in time. Not
    >long enough, as I whinged about on another posting. Also the instructions are
    >either innacurate or The designated doctors aren't informed properly by DIMA.
    >Neil