Not Melbourne

Old Dec 15th 2003, 5:03 am
Forum Regular

MichaelGsxr is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Not Melbourne

Just an opinion on why I dont like living in Melbourne. I moved here 1 year ago from Brisbane.

1. Melbourne is very snobby and stuck up compared to other Australian cities/towns.

2. Melbourne girls are the shallowest, pickiest girls i have ever seen in my life. being single in this town is not fun!

3. People are way too hung up on fashion and appearances.

4. The traffic is some of the worst I have ever seen anywhere and I have lived in 3 countries and lots of cities!

5. The speed cameras are outrageous, the labour govt loves to tax/revenue raise and spend!

6. Housing/rentals cost a fortune.

7. The weather is awful. too cold and rainy for me. maybe you Poms will like it.

thats all i can think of. one good thing is the food and coffee ( I live in Carlton, an inner city suburb known for both) and it is very multicultural. I dont want to change anyones mind, just thought Id throw in my 2 cents worth. Good luck!
Old Dec 15th 2003, 5:17 am
Karma Comedian

jayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Not Melbourne

Originally posted by MichaelGsxr
Just an opinion on why I dont like living in Melbourne. I moved here 1 year ago from Brisbane.

MichaelGsxr

Suggest you move back to Brisbane at first available opportunity. As a Pom I find Melbourne a fairly dull, grey, pedestrian unfriendly and cold sort of place. I don't think I could live there, Brisbane is much nicer in my opinion.
Old Dec 15th 2003, 5:46 am
BE Enthusiast

Jaykay has a spectacular aura aboutJaykay has a spectacular aura aboutJaykay has a spectacular aura about

Hello Michael

I've just moved back to Melbourne after spending the last 10 years living in the UK so maybe Melbourne feels like home to me because of this reason.

But is there anything wrong with wanting to look nice and fashionable?
And is there anything wrong with being picky about choosing a guy to go out with?
And if you think Melbourne traffic is bad, you've never lived in Surrey.
I've also checked the prices of housing in other states and I don't think that it's any more expensive than any other capital city in Australia.
I also think the people who move to Melbourne should be aware that the weather is very changeable (it's mentioned everywhere). Yes the winters can be cold and wet, but that normally means a great snow season, and Victoria has some great snow fields.

Perhaps you need to move out of the CBD into the surrounding countryside. You might change your mind a little.

I love being back in Melbourne.

Regards
Old Dec 15th 2003, 5:47 am
BE Enthusiast

Jaykay has a spectacular aura aboutJaykay has a spectacular aura aboutJaykay has a spectacular aura about

Forgot to say:

If you don't speed, you won't get caught on camera!

Regards
Old Dec 15th 2003, 9:22 am
High in the Dandenongs

hevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond repute

I'm just wondering what makes the girls so picky, lets face it, we love a wingin pom, a real turn on that one!!

I personally love it here and the weather is changable, but i hate predictable anyway.

As Jay kay said, try getting out of the grey hum drum of the suburbs and theres a lot of beauty out there (AND less traffic, M1 friday arvos, don't cha love it!?)
Old Dec 15th 2003, 9:41 am

bondipom is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Not Melbourne

1. Melbourne is very snobby and stuck up compared to other Australian cities/towns.

2. Melbourne girls are the shallowest, pickiest girls i have ever seen in my life. being single in this town is not fun!

3. People are way too hung up on fashion and appearances.

4. The traffic is some of the worst I have ever seen anywhere and I have lived in 3 countries and lots of cities!

5. The speed cameras are outrageous, the labour govt loves to tax/revenue raise and spend!

6. Housing/rentals cost a fortune.

7. The weather is awful. too cold and rainy for me. maybe you Poms will like it.

thats all i can think of. one good thing is the food and coffee ( I live in Carlton, an inner city suburb known for both) and it is very multicultural. I dont want to change anyones mind, just thought Id throw in my 2 cents worth. Good luck!

Did your hair mutate into a mullet and your shirt into a flanno in Brisbane. Don't worry in a few months time your clothes will be mutating into a black Armani suit and instead of asking for a route you will charm the pants off the picky Melbourne girls.
Old Dec 15th 2003, 1:04 pm
BE Forum Addict

booboo1 is an unknown quantity at this point

us girls need to be picky!!!! If I had'nt been picky then I would never have met and married Mr.Booboo......altogether now!!!!! aahhhhhh

Booboo
Old Dec 15th 2003, 1:16 pm
BE Enthusiast

CHnJ has much to be proud ofCHnJ has much to be proud ofCHnJ has much to be proud ofCHnJ has much to be proud ofCHnJ has much to be proud ofCHnJ has much to be proud ofCHnJ has much to be proud ofCHnJ has much to be proud ofCHnJ has much to be proud ofCHnJ has much to be proud ofCHnJ has much to be proud of

Originally posted by booboo
us girls need to be picky!!!! If I had'nt been picky then I would never have met and married Mr.Booboo......altogether now!!!!! aahhhhhh

Booboo
I tell my wife to say stuff like that but she just laughs. Why?!!
Old Dec 17th 2003, 1:36 am
Forum Regular

MichaelGsxr is an unknown quantity at this point

Bondipom Said: "Did your hair mutate into a mullet and your shirt into a flanno in Brisbane. Don't worry in a few months time your clothes will be mutating into a black Armani suit and instead of asking for a route you will charm the pants off the picky Melbourne girls."

I almost fell out of my chair reading that Bondipom!! thats hilarious! thanks for the laugh!

-MG
Old Dec 17th 2003, 1:37 am
(It's not my real name)

renth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond repute

Bondipom Said: "Did your hair mutate into a mullet and your shirt into a flanno in Brisbane. Don't worry in a few months time your clothes will be mutating into a black Armani suit and instead of asking for a route you will charm the pants off the picky Melbourne girls."

I almost fell out of my chair reading that Bondipom!! thats hilarious! thanks for the laugh!

-MG
They didn't seem too picky when I was there
Old Dec 17th 2003, 2:05 am
WBB

Originally posted by renth

you stud. leave some for the rest of us.

Old Dec 17th 2003, 2:12 am

bondipom is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by renth
Before or after the beard?
Old Dec 17th 2003, 2:13 am
(It's not my real name)

renth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by welshboybilly
you stud. leave some for the rest of us.

Let's face it, Aussie girls, picky..... come on.

That's why the Nativity couldn't have happened in Australia......

They couldn't find 3 wise men and a virgin.

Boom Boom