Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

not just Straya - 28 in the UK on Friday!!!

not just Straya - 28 in the UK on Friday!!!

Old May 28th 2005, 8:50 am
Badge

Default not just Straya - 28 in the UK on Friday!!!

[also posted to Returning to UK]

Is it true that you got 28 degrees yesterday?!!
I was looking on bbc.co.uk to see what the London press were saying about Corby - I happened to see it was 28 in London. We (me and an Aussie who has experienced a heatwave in London) were amused.

Were people jumping in Hyde Park Fountain and were there "sunny man" pictures and a big "28", and topless girls in St Jameses all over the tabloids.

BAdge

Old May 28th 2005, 8:52 am
BE Forum Addict

hilary6 has a reputation beyond reputehilary6 has a reputation beyond reputehilary6 has a reputation beyond reputehilary6 has a reputation beyond reputehilary6 has a reputation beyond reputehilary6 has a reputation beyond reputehilary6 has a reputation beyond reputehilary6 has a reputation beyond reputehilary6 has a reputation beyond reputehilary6 has a reputation beyond reputehilary6 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: not just Straya - 28 in the UK on Friday!!!

Originally Posted by Badge

I was looking on bbc.co.uk to see what the London press were saying about Corby - I happened to see it was 28 in London. We (me and an Aussie who has experienced a heatwave in London) were amused.

Were people jumping in Hyde Park Fountain and were there "sunny man" pictures and a big "28", and topless girls in St Jameses all over the tabloids.

BAdge
Not at my neck of the woods but down the other end of the country it was beautiful
Old May 28th 2005, 9:00 am

Vanessa is an unknown quantity at this point

BAdge
Probably a bit hotter - about 30! I love it except I got the train into London (only about 20 mins) and the windows only partially open and they had the heating on full - you can guess what happens in the winter!!!
Old May 28th 2005, 9:02 am
BAY
BE Enthusiast

BAY is a splendid one to beholdBAY is a splendid one to beholdBAY is a splendid one to beholdBAY is a splendid one to beholdBAY is a splendid one to beholdBAY is a splendid one to beholdBAY is a splendid one to beholdBAY is a splendid one to beholdBAY is a splendid one to beholdBAY is a splendid one to beholdBAY is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by hilary6
Not at my neck of the woods but down the other end of the country it was beautiful
Yes it was the highest May temperature since records began in 1953.

It was 28 where I live in Surrey, lovely

I didn't see any topless girls though, doh
Old May 28th 2005, 9:03 am
BE Enthusiast

micky will become famous soon enoughmicky will become famous soon enough

Anychance you can send some up our neck of the woods - p***ing down for days.
Bank hol weekend and outlook bleak

Shona x
Old May 28th 2005, 9:05 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by micky
Anychance you can send some up our neck of the woods - p***ing down for days.
Bank hol weekend and outlook bleak

Shona x

Oh and the nurse taking over from me this morning - duffle coat, scarf and GLOVES :scared:
Old May 28th 2005, 9:08 am
BAY
BE Enthusiast

BAY is a splendid one to beholdBAY is a splendid one to beholdBAY is a splendid one to beholdBAY is a splendid one to beholdBAY is a splendid one to beholdBAY is a splendid one to beholdBAY is a splendid one to beholdBAY is a splendid one to beholdBAY is a splendid one to beholdBAY is a splendid one to beholdBAY is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by micky
Oh and the nurse taking over from me this morning - duffle coat, scarf and GLOVES :scared:
I was in my shorts , t-shirt and flip flops yesterday (in Surrey) !

Same again today
Old May 28th 2005, 9:17 am
BE Enthusiast

DianneH68 has much to be proud ofDianneH68 has much to be proud ofDianneH68 has much to be proud ofDianneH68 has much to be proud ofDianneH68 has much to be proud ofDianneH68 has much to be proud ofDianneH68 has much to be proud ofDianneH68 has much to be proud ofDianneH68 has much to be proud ofDianneH68 has much to be proud ofDianneH68 has much to be proud of

I'm in Surrey too - it was lovely yesterday. Caused havoc with the Tubes though - apparently the heat caused a line to melt (or something equally ridiculous) which messed up three lines for a while.
Some people were stuck on the trains for an HOUR in the stifling heat :scared:

Looks nice again today but sadly I'm at work all weekend, and Bank Holiday Monday, so no sunbathing for me
Old May 28th 2005, 9:19 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by BAY
I was in my shorts , t-shirt and flip flops yesterday (in Surrey) !

Same again today
I'll just need to wait till i'm in Perth cos summer looks pretty grim for us scots.........again.

BTW do they still wear jesus sandals with white socks anywhere
Michael wants to know - to go with his string vest & hanky hat
Old May 28th 2005, 9:23 am

Kelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond repute

no sun here either in fact it rained here yesterday
Old May 28th 2005, 10:12 am
BE Enthusiast

xxdebsonlinexx will become famous soon enoughxxdebsonlinexx will become famous soon enough

Hi Yesterday it was great really hot in Burnley Lancashire but today its very windy and cloudy but it is ment to be nice over the next few days about time too

Debs xxx
Old May 28th 2005, 10:14 am

Siren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond repute

BAdge

LOL and it was 26 yesterday and 25 today here in Perth and its winter in 3 days time.
Old May 28th 2005, 10:46 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Siren & Brian
LOL and it was 26 yesterday and 25 today here in Perth and its winter in 3 days time.
It was fab down here, was hot, but the schools still had the heating on so kids came out having lost about 2 gallons of fluid. Really nice today, sunny, warm, windy, doors slamming! Apparently doing downhill from tomorrow onwards. No newspapers saying "phew, what a scorcher" yet Wouldn't mind, but Wednesday, had the heating on.