British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Australia (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/)
-   -   not just Straya - 28 in the UK on Friday!!! (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/not-just-straya-28-uk-friday-305614/)

Badge May 28th 2005 8:50 am

not just Straya - 28 in the UK on Friday!!!

[also posted to Returning to UK]

Is it true that you got 28 degrees yesterday?!!
I was looking on bbc.co.uk to see what the London press were saying about Corby - I happened to see it was 28 in London. We (me and an Aussie who has experienced a heatwave in London) were amused.

Were people jumping in Hyde Park Fountain and were there "sunny man" pictures and a big "28", and topless girls in St Jameses all over the tabloids.
:)

BAdge

hilary6 May 28th 2005 8:52 am

Re: not just Straya - 28 in the UK on Friday!!!

Originally Posted by Badge

I was looking on bbc.co.uk to see what the London press were saying about Corby - I happened to see it was 28 in London. We (me and an Aussie who has experienced a heatwave in London) were amused.

Were people jumping in Hyde Park Fountain and were there "sunny man" pictures and a big "28", and topless girls in St Jameses all over the tabloids.

BAdge

Not at my neck of the woods but down the other end of the country it was beautiful

Vanessa May 28th 2005 9:00 am

BAdge

Probably a bit hotter - about 30! I love it except I got the train into London (only about 20 mins) and the windows only partially open and they had the heating on full - you can guess what happens in the winter!!!

BAY May 28th 2005 9:02 am

Originally Posted by hilary6
Not at my neck of the woods but down the other end of the country it was beautiful

Yes it was the highest May temperature since records began in 1953.

It was 28 where I live in Surrey, lovely :D

I didn't see any topless girls though, doh :D

micky May 28th 2005 9:03 am

Anychance you can send some up our neck of the woods - p***ing down for days.
Bank hol weekend and outlook bleak :rolleyes:

Shona x

micky May 28th 2005 9:05 am

Originally Posted by micky
Anychance you can send some up our neck of the woods - p***ing down for days.
Bank hol weekend and outlook bleak :rolleyes:

Shona x

Oh and the nurse taking over from me this morning - duffle coat, scarf and GLOVES :scared:

BAY May 28th 2005 9:08 am

Originally Posted by micky
Oh and the nurse taking over from me this morning - duffle coat, scarf and GLOVES :scared:

I was in my shorts , t-shirt and flip flops yesterday (in Surrey) !

Same again today :D

DianneH68 May 28th 2005 9:17 am

I'm in Surrey too - it was lovely yesterday. Caused havoc with the Tubes though - apparently the heat caused a line to melt (or something equally ridiculous) which messed up three lines for a while.
Some people were stuck on the trains for an HOUR in the stifling heat :scared:

Looks nice again today but sadly I'm at work all weekend, and Bank Holiday Monday, so no sunbathing for me :(

micky May 28th 2005 9:19 am

Originally Posted by BAY
I was in my shorts , t-shirt and flip flops yesterday (in Surrey) !

Same again today :D

I'll just need to wait till i'm in Perth cos summer looks pretty grim for us scots.........again.

BTW do they still wear jesus sandals with white socks anywhere :confused:
Michael wants to know - to go with his string vest & hanky hat :D

Kelli28 May 28th 2005 9:23 am

no sun here either in fact it rained here yesterday :(

xxdebsonlinexx May 28th 2005 10:12 am

Hi Yesterday it was great really hot in Burnley Lancashire but today its very windy and cloudy but it is ment to be nice over the next few days about time too

Debs xxx

Siren & Brian May 28th 2005 10:14 am

BAdge

LOL and it was 26 yesterday and 25 today here in Perth and its winter in 3 days time.

moneypenny20 May 28th 2005 10:46 am

Originally Posted by Siren & Brian
LOL and it was 26 yesterday and 25 today here in Perth and its winter in 3 days time.

It was fab down here, was hot, but the schools still had the heating on so kids came out having lost about 2 gallons of fluid. Really nice today, sunny, warm, windy, doors slamming! Apparently doing downhill from tomorrow onwards. No newspapers saying "phew, what a scorcher" yet :D Wouldn't mind, but Wednesday, had the heating on.