British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Australia (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/)
-   -   To be or not to be?its a long one! (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/not-its-long-one-122396/)

mullen Dec 17th 2002 12:43 pm

To be or not to be?its a long one!

All you suntanned BritishExpats now living it up in OZ(or those of us still suffering the UK weather)I have a question about front loading my Skilled Ind app forms.I am a registered nurse (16yrs exp).My husband has a medical condition DIABETIC insulin injections(17yrs well controlled no other probs)2 kids no health probs.When my skills ass from ANC comes back should I send the 47sk form with doctors examinations,x-rays and police checks for all of us?
Why ? we heard that good chance docs in OZ may request further examination.We do not want to send 47sk and then months down line told to send the required checks in,maybe by front loading we could save a few months .Or would we run the risk of going over the 12 month period and having to pay for another round of checks and medical examinations?We are trying to be in OZ within a 12 month period.Other nurses I have seen have been fast tracked in 3/4 months so you can you understand our logic.When the 47sk arrives in OZ they will see condition and request extra medical report then.
Any DIABETICS gone through this or still going through it how did you manage and whats care like in OZ for Diabetics?
PS,
Thanks for the E mails and replys on our other posts.
Merry Christmas to you all.

mashiraz Dec 17th 2002 2:35 pm

Re: To be or not to be?its a long one!

Nurses definitely max 6 months so you should be ok to front load, or send your application followed by the medicals a month or 2 later.

Will need to validate by all travelling to oz within a year of medicals so that would be my only reservation
Send it off, quick!
Mash..

Originally posted by mullen
All you suntanned BritishExpats now living it up in OZ(or those of us still suffering the UK weather)I have a question about front loading my Skilled Ind app forms.I am a registered nurse (16yrs exp).My husband has a medical condition DIABETIC insulin injections(17yrs well controlled no other probs)2 kids no health probs.When my skills ass from ANC comes back should I send the 47sk form with doctors examinations,x-rays and police checks for all of us?
Why ? we heard that good chance docs in OZ may request further examination.We do not want to send 47sk and then months down line told to send the required checks in,maybe by front loading we could save a few months .Or would we run the risk of going over the 12 month period and having to pay for another round of checks and medical examinations?We are trying to be in OZ within a 12 month period.Other nurses I have seen have been fast tracked in 3/4 months so you can you understand our logic.When the 47sk arrives in OZ they will see condition and request extra medical report then.
Any DIABETICS gone through this are still going through it how did you manage and whats care like in OZ for Diabetics?
PS,
Thanks for the E mails and replys on our other posts.
Merry Christmas to you all.

mullen Dec 17th 2002 3:25 pm

Originally posted by mashiraz
Nurses definitely max 6 months so you should be ok to front load, or send your application followed by the medicals a month or 2 later.

Will need to validate by all travelling to oz within a year of medicals so that would be my only reservation
Send it off, quick!
Mash..

Cheers thought that would be case.How far are you in the system and why Adelaide.If I send medicals 2 or 3 months after 47sk do I not run the risk of losing them as I may not have a case number?or are the case numbers quick in being sent to you once they receive your application?

mashiraz Dec 17th 2002 5:57 pm

Adelaide are pretty good apparently about sending acknowledgement quickly. (Doesn't mean they assess it immediately though, but they will identify your occupation and probably assign you a case officer etc). Therefore you should get your case number to send the medicals later.

We applied to London Sept 01 and all our apps were recently sent to Oz as there was a backlog in London. Things seem to be starting to move again now so we're hoping for a visa by March/April.

We've friends in Adelaide and loved it when we visited. I think we'll be happy there. Where are you?

Mash..

Cheers thought that would be case.How far are you in the system and why Adelaide.If I send medicals 2 or 3 months after 47sk do I not run the risk of losing them as I may not have a case number?or are the case numbers quick in being sent to you once they receive your application?

mullen Dec 17th 2002 9:44 pm

to be or not to be......

Just sent off skill ass to ANC.Hope not long before returned if they are that desperate for nurses.Did you visit other places in Oz if so what did you think?We are thinking of a holiday with the kids march/april in 2003 just hope we can fit it all into a month.Will visit mates in Sydney then upto the Goldcoast and Brisbane.Need to be close to big city so husband has better job prospects(media/ advertising)Our mates left the uk 4 yrs ago with the kids to live in Sydney and they love it.Do not know anyone in Brisbane other than the people on this site who we have exchanged e-mails with.

scoobydooathome Dec 17th 2002 9:55 pm

Re: to be or not to be......

Just sent off skill ass to ANC.Hope not long before returned if they are that desperate for nurses.Did you visit other places in Oz if so what did you think?We are thinking of a holiday with the kids march/april in 2003 just hope we can fit it all into a month.Will visit mates in Sydney then upto the Goldcoast and Brisbane.Need to be close to big city so husband has better job prospects(media/ advertising)Our mates left the uk 4 yrs ago with the kids to live in Sydney and they love it.Do not know anyone in Brisbane other than the people on this site who we have exchanged e-mails with.

Hi there,

You should not be waiting long for your skills assessment to return from ANC, about 10 weeks max if not too complicated

Good luck.

mashiraz Dec 17th 2002 9:57 pm

Re: to be or not to be......

Been to Sydney, Melbourne and Cairns. Sydney too big, Cairns too one sided (I know that may provoke response), Melbourne ok, bit a bit busy and spead out, Adelaide relaxed, hot, dry, cheap.

Sensible head says Melbourne for my type of job prospects, but that's not what I'm going for. I'll take any job if I can marry it up with a more relaxed way of life.

Mash..

mullen Dec 17th 2002 10:15 pm

Melbourne

Just finished watching that programme called the secret life of us.Was that filmed in Melbourne?if so whats wrong with the beach you only saw it once or twice.Bar was nice saw that loads you Australians like a drink.