Not home sick - just bored !!

Wikiposts

Not home sick - just bored !!

Old Sep 1st 2003, 9:19 pm
BE Forum Addict

karawara88 is an unknown quantity at this point

Why come to Perth then?
Had nothing better to do. !!

Just a suggestion - if you are bored and want to get out and meet people go and do some volunteer work
WizzyWozza

Thanks for that suggestion, not a bad idea. Good way of meeting people.

Last edited by karawara88; Sep 1st 2003 at 9:22 pm.
Old Sep 1st 2003, 9:22 pm
BE Forum Addict

dotty is on a distinguished road

Perth does not sound like the place for an active mind. However houses look cheap as chips, must be areas that are on the Up, can you buy a house and do it up at least it will give you something to do and save you money on your house purchase.
Old Sep 1st 2003, 9:35 pm
owieb

Originally posted by karawara88
Had nothing better to do. !!
Should be happy here then, Perth is a great place for doing nothing!

Old Sep 1st 2003, 9:40 pm
Can't re member

welshpom is just really nicewelshpom is just really nicewelshpom is just really nicewelshpom is just really nicewelshpom is just really nicewelshpom is just really nicewelshpom is just really nicewelshpom is just really nice

Originally posted by wizzywozza
Just a suggestion - if you are bored and want to get out and meet people go and do some volunteer work.
This has crossed my mind since I have lots of free time and no need to seek paid emplyment. I saw a sign the other day for volunteers needed for St Johns. I didn't remember the number. Anyway, I know they are an ambulance organisation, but does anyone here know what sort of help they look for ?. Blood might not be something I'm keen to experience.
Old Sep 1st 2003, 9:42 pm
owieb

Originally posted by welshpom
This has crossed my mind since I have lots of free time and no need to seek paid emplyment. I saw a sign the other day for volunteers needed for St Johns. I didn't remember the number. Anyway, I know they are an ambulance organisation, but does anyone here know what sort of help they look for ?. Blood might not be something I'm keen to experience.
I'm keen to join the fire service here as a volunteer. I was in the retained fire service in the UK and loved it!

Old Sep 1st 2003, 9:50 pm
Can't re member

welshpom is just really nicewelshpom is just really nicewelshpom is just really nicewelshpom is just really nicewelshpom is just really nicewelshpom is just really nicewelshpom is just really nicewelshpom is just really nice

Originally posted by owieb
I'm keen to join the fire service here as a volunteer. I was in the retained fire service in the UK and loved it!
Volunteer fireman crossed my mind before I got out here. Can't say I've seen a fire engine in over 3 months. Fires don't last long in this weather

Let me know how you get on if you proceed with that line.
Old Sep 1st 2003, 9:56 pm
BE Forum Addict

Default Re: Not home sick - just bored !!

Well three weeks and now boredom has set in. !! Too hot to go for a drive or a walk, tv is appalling.

So bored I even went to the library. !!

Maybe I need to get a job, now thats serious.

As Karawara's other half, it is easy to judge why the male species of this couple is bored, too bored to do any of the cooking, cleaning, ironing I have already suggested volunteering but he doesn't want to make that much effort. Please remember when listening to my other half is that he likes to moan about things and this is one thing he does not get bored with

I thought going to the library would be a good idea, I have an idea for writing a book, 30 mins after we arrived he sideled up to me with his "I've had enough now can we go" expression, and of course we went

Please keep your responses coming as this will keep him entertained and will keep him from disturbing me whilst I am enjoying the peace and relaxation that this time affords.

With grateful appreciation

Donna
Old Sep 1st 2003, 10:02 pm
owieb

As Karawara's other half, it is easy to judge why the male species of this couple is bored, too bored to do any of the cooking, cleaning, ironing I have already suggested volunteering but he doesn't want to make that much effort. Please remember when listening to my other half is that he likes to moan about things and this is one thing he does not get bored with

I thought going to the library would be a good idea, I have an idea for writing a book, 30 mins after we arrived he sideled up to me with his "I've had enough now can we go" expression, and of course we went

Please keep your responses coming as this will keep him entertained and will keep him from disturbing me whilst I am enjoying the peace and relaxation that this time affords.

With grateful appreciation

Donna
Rollerblading round the river.
Biking in the hills.
Kayaking round penguin island.
Surfing off Trigg
Snorkeling at Rottnest.
Nudie bathing at Swanbourne.
Kitesurfing at Safety Bay.
Wine tasting in the Valley.
Wakeboarding at Cables.
Viewing from Kings Park

or am I you!?!

Old Sep 1st 2003, 10:18 pm
Banned

Megalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant future

I only like dreaming, All the day long

Men At Work
Be Good Johnny

Skip de skip, up the road
Off to school we go
Don't you be a bad boy Johnny
Don't you slip up
Or play the fool
Oh no Ma, Oh no Da,
I'll be your golden boy
I will obey ev'ry golden rule
Get told by the teacher
Not to day - dream
Told by my mother:

Be good Be good
Be good be good be good
Be good be good be good be good (Johnny)
Be good be good
Be good be good be good
Be good be good be good
Be good be good be good
Be good (Johnny)
Be good be good.

Are you going to play football this year, John?
No!
Oh, well you must be going to play cricket this year then,
Are you Johnny?
No! no! no!
Boy, you sure are a funny kid, Johnny, but I like you! So tell me,
What kind of a boy are you, John?

I only like dreaming
All the day long
Where no one is screaming

Be good be good
Be good be good be good
Be good be good be good be good (Johnny)
Be good be good
Be good be good be good
Be good be good be good
Be good be good be good
Be good be good be good
Be good be good be good
Be good be good be good
Be good be good be good
Be good be good be good
Be good be good be good
Be good be good be good
Johnny!
Old Sep 1st 2003, 10:27 pm
BE Forum Addict

Cant live with them cant kill them. I didnt get married to wash and cook. !!
Old Sep 1st 2003, 10:51 pm
BE Forum Addict

whisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond repute

Mmmmmmm..........not a good response!!!!

Whisky
Old Sep 1st 2003, 10:59 pm
HUP
Brain Drained

HUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond repute

my other half is that he likes to moan about things and this is one thing he does not get bored with
There is a vacancy going and your other half looks like he could fit the bill. The forum needs a new PB. Now if hes bored after a few weeks then I reckon he could be our man.

Time to get your monkey avatar
Old Sep 1st 2003, 11:18 pm
Non-addicted member!

garrisondamn will become famous soon enoughgarrisondamn will become famous soon enough

Well three weeks and now boredom has set in. !! Too hot to go for a drive or a walk, tv is appalling.

So bored I even went to the library. !!

Maybe I need to get a job, now thats serious.
Lucky you! I need to work! (maybe you do too!)wish I didn't (skinto!) then I would have loads of time to explore the amazing countryside & twisty roads of NZ on my CBR600!
Get yerself a bike! best thing I ever did! meet loads of new people that are like-minded, great way to see the country, good social catalist!
Beat 911's etc. off the lights!!!! Also an excuse to dress your wife up in leather!! now that's gotta have some appeal!

Old Sep 1st 2003, 11:36 pm
Just Joined

texx is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Trigg

Hi owieb, I noticed you mentioned surfing at Trigg beach - Looking forward to catching some waves there but I'd read that there is pretty heavy localism at that break. How do you find the attitude?

Hope to be there by Dec. if I can sell this bl*%dy house !
Old Sep 1st 2003, 11:55 pm
BE Forum Addict

Get yerself a bike! best thing I ever did! meet loads of new people that are like-minded, great way to see the country, good social catalist! Beat 911's etc. off the lights!!!! Also an excuse to dress your wife up in leather!! now that's gotta have some appeal!
I did try bike riding about 3 years ago first time I ever rode one. Failed test on hesitation, decided that I prefered to live. !! Plus I did lessons etc in Feb in Manchester, bit chilly. Great fun though.

Not sure riding a bike in Perth would be good idea, driving is scary enough.

The leather has loads of appeal though.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.