Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Not Good Enough!

Not Good Enough!

Old Sep 6th 2003, 4:49 pm
Forum Regular

ellen fedulow is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Not Good Enough!

Well i thought things were going well till early this week my combi boiler packed up (on the day i signed the contract to sell the house) then i went to see my dream house (for rent) and although it was to cost buckets of money to rent i could see me and fam living it up there whilst awaiting my visa, but then the agent rang me and said the owners had concidered my application and said NO.Why i asked?, but the agent won't tell me, now i am going paranoid thinking whats wrong with us? is it because i have four kids, is it because THEY didn't concider me and hubby proffessional enough (he's a college lecturer and i'm a poor social worker) What ever the reason i'm really peeved, i have agreed to move out in two weeks and i don't want to rock the boat with the buyers. I thought the hardest bit would be selling the house, not renting another one!

Any way thats my moaning done for today and back to the drawing board!

cheers
ellen1
Old Sep 6th 2003, 5:03 pm
BE Forum Addict

arlene is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Not Good Enough!

Originally posted by ellen fedulow
Well i thought things were going well till early this week my combi boiler packed up (on the day i signed the contract to sell the house) then i went to see my dream house (for rent) and although it was to cost buckets of money to rent i could see me and fam living it up there whilst awaiting my visa, but then the agent rang me and said the owners had concidered my application and said NO.Why i asked?, but the agent won't tell me, now i am going paranoid thinking whats wrong with us? is it because i have four kids, is it because THEY didn't concider me and hubby proffessional enough (he's a college lecturer and i'm a poor social worker) What ever the reason i'm really peeved, i have agreed to move out in two weeks and i don't want to rock the boat with the buyers. I thought the hardest bit would be selling the house, not renting another one!

cheers

ellen stuff them

if they think you are not worthy to live in their house you wouldnt want to live there anywhere, imagine the inspection they would do prior to leaving, dream rental houses are two a penny and would be gratful of your money

arlene
ellen1
Old Sep 6th 2003, 5:25 pm
Forum Regular

ellen fedulow is an unknown quantity at this point

ah thanks for that arlene your right its there loss!
ellen1
Old Sep 6th 2003, 5:38 pm
BE Forum Addict

arlene is an unknown quantity at this point

ah thanks for that arlene your right its there loss!
ellen1

your welcome

i grew up in relative poverty and cannot abide snobs and people who think the colour of their money is obviously brighter than mine, my money is as good as anybody elses, (soapbox time!!!)we live in warwickshire not far from east midlands where in that area do you live

arlene
Old Sep 6th 2003, 6:10 pm
BE Forum Addict

tinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud of

Keep looking and I am sure a better house will turn up for you.

I agree about the inspection, if they are that particular they would probably use a magnifying glass when you move out, then charge you for every mark!!

Another reason could be that they are looking for long term tenants, assuming they know about your impending move abroad.

At least you have sold your house. Now you can leave when you like- lucky thing!!
Old Sep 6th 2003, 7:48 pm
BE Forum Addict

karawara88 is an unknown quantity at this point

is it because i have four kids
This is the most probable reason. Not because of what you do or who you are. Fact is kids = high chance of damage and its not worth the hassle. I am sure yours are well behaved but lots are not (have had experience of renting to family with kids)

Last edited by karawara88; Sep 6th 2003 at 7:50 pm.
Old Sep 6th 2003, 7:51 pm
suz
Forum Regular

suz is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Not Good Enough!

cheers
ellen1
Hi Ellen,
Your post sounded just like us a month or so ago, had the same problem, in the end we had to do the 6 month thing even though we were only going to stay 3/4 months, pain in the A... and then they wanted half the total rent up front plus deposit, had to go with it as we had to move out of our house within the week. Good luck with it all.
Suz
Perth 10th Nov