Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Not enough evidence!!

Not enough evidence!!

Old Aug 4th 2004, 9:35 am
Going stir crazy waiting!

Marie_m is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Not enough evidence!!

We've just been told that we don't have enough evidence for a de-facto visa by our agency. They have recommended that we wait for a further 6 months before applying even though we have been together fior 2 1/2 years!! Unfortunately we never had joint bank accounts or bills ect previous to Jan this year. Now I'm not so happy, although I suppose another 6 months isn't long to wait, it just depends on how long the application takes to go through after that!!

Marie
Old Aug 4th 2004, 10:09 am
Pass The Post

Location: Ping Ponged York via Melbourne and now pinged to Ferny Hills, Brisbane
joh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Not enough evidence!!

Originally posted by Marie_m
We've just been told that we don't have enough evidence for a de-facto visa by our agency. They have recommended that we wait for a further 6 months before applying even though we have been together fior 2 1/2 years!! Unfortunately we never had joint bank accounts or bills ect previous to Jan this year. Now I'm not so happy, although I suppose another 6 months isn't long to wait, it just depends on how long the application takes to go through after that!!

Marie

Marie

Our friend came here having never lived with his future wife and they were together 2 years. He got his de facto and is here. They do not have a joint bank account either.

What happens to those who do not believe in living together before marriage?

I'd look into it further

Jo
Old Aug 4th 2004, 10:15 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Doesn't sound quite right to me Marie; what evidence do you have of your relationship before January? And how long have you actually lived together?
Old Aug 4th 2004, 10:31 am

Originally posted by Pollyana
Doesn't sound quite right to me Marie; what evidence do you have of your relationship before January? And how long have you actually lived together?
We have lived together for just over 2 years, previous to Jan this year the only evidence we have is holiday's as a family and his bank and credit card statements being sent to the same property. All the bills were in my name and anything else we bought together is normally paid in cash.Obviously we have friends and family that can vouch for us too.
Spoke agin to the agency and she said that if we wait until Jan next year we will have all the evidence needed and it could take only 4 weeks to get the visa through.
Is she right, can it really happen that quickly??
Old Aug 4th 2004, 10:36 am
Go the BNE Roar

TrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond repute

Yep the agent is right De-facto visas tend to happen quickly once the application has been made.

Mine only took 2 days for them to decide.

Do you want to be in Oz urgently or will it be OK in 6 months. If so collect the evidence for 6 months so they cannot reject you. Could be expensive to go through the application for them to turn it down.

TT

We have lived together for just over 2 years, previous to Jan this year the only evidence we have is holiday's as a family and his bank and credit card statements being sent to the same property. All the bills were in my name and anything else we bought together is normally paid in cash.Obviously we have friends and family that can vouch for us too.
Spoke agin to the agency and she said that if we wait until Jan next year we will have all the evidence needed and it could take only 4 weeks to get the visa through.
Is she right, can it really happen that quickly??
Old Aug 4th 2004, 12:54 pm

Originally posted by TrickyTree
Yep the agent is right De-facto visas tend to happen quickly once the application has been made.

Mine only took 2 days for them to decide.

Do you want to be in Oz urgently or will it be OK in 6 months. If so collect the evidence for 6 months so they cannot reject you. Could be expensive to go through the application for them to turn it down.

TT
2 days!!!!! Fantastic news, have you got a date for moving yet??
My other half wanted to spend Christmas here and hopefully have one last snowboarding holiday in Lapland so I suppose another 6 months won't affect us that much, especially if they do there visa's that quick I suppose I'm just impatient and was looking fowrad to handing in my notice at work sooner rather than later
Old Aug 4th 2004, 1:39 pm
Go the BNE Roar

TrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond repute

We should be leaving the last weekend in November.
As long as everything goes to plan with the house etc.

All the best.

TT

2 days!!!!! Fantastic news, have you got a date for moving yet??
My other half wanted to spend Christmas here and hopefully have one last snowboarding holiday in Lapland so I suppose another 6 months won't affect us that much, especially if they do there visa's that quick I suppose I'm just impatient and was looking fowrad to handing in my notice at work sooner rather than later