Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Not doing The Nullabor now, flying instead!

Not doing The Nullabor now, flying instead!

Old Nov 16th 2003, 10:41 am
home again, home again

janeyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud of
Default Not doing The Nullabor now, flying instead!

Just planning our trip back to the UK and we have decided we aren't going to drive 'The Nullabor' now we are flying instead!!

Just got these prices of the internet and they seem really cheap with Virgin Blue Airlines.

Perth to Adelaide $99
Adelaide to Melbourne $59
Melbourne to Sydney $69
Sydney to Brisbane $69
(all one way of course)

We have friends in Adelaide so just have to find cheap accomodation in the other cities now!!! Anyone know any reasonably priced places?
Old Nov 16th 2003, 11:13 am
Forum Regular

Location: Woodcroft, 25 kms south of Adelaide South Australia
wizzywozza is a jewel in the roughwizzywozza is a jewel in the roughwizzywozza is a jewel in the roughwizzywozza is a jewel in the rough

I've just crossed the Nullabor 8 times in 4 weeks on the Indian Pacific. Believe me there ain't nothing out there but sand and rocks! Unless you take your time driving and detour to the coast I don't really think there's much to look at on the way - the odd wedge tailed eagle, dingo or brumby, and thousands of roos, but I think the novelty soon wears off.

Plenty of good, clean and cheap backpackers accomodation everywhere. Nice place at Cottesloe in WA on the TV the other night - can't remember the name but big hotel on seafront - and the food there looked great.
Old Nov 16th 2003, 1:00 pm
Forum Regular

Andiii is an unknown quantity at this point

The billabong gardens in Newtown Sydney are cheap.... around $40 a night. Though, you share bathrooms.

There's a cheap place in China town Melbourne - very nice hotel/apartment and directly in the city. Cannot recall name, however.