Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Not a clue where to start!

Not a clue where to start!

Old Jan 11th 2017, 12:18 pm
Just Joined

Cb10 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Not a clue where to start!

Hi everyone me and my wife have been chewing over the idea of moving to Australia for a while my wife more so than me. But really have not a clue where to start visa,job etc. I have had a little look at visas but found it a total mine field. My wife is a senior sales manager for a housing firm and I am a qualified painter and decorator. We have a nine year old little boy and the move has an alfull lot to do with him but that's another long story. Been seeing a lot of company's who say they can sort all the process out for you but unsure what they are like or even worth it.
Many thanks
Old Jan 11th 2017, 11:25 pm
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Not a clue where to start!

Originally Posted by Cb10
Hi everyone me and my wife have been chewing over the idea of moving to Australia for a while my wife more so than me. But really have not a clue where to start visa,job etc. I have had a little look at visas but found it a total mine field. My wife is a senior sales manager for a housing firm and I am a qualified painter and decorator. We have a nine year old little boy and the move has an alfull lot to do with him but that's another long story. Been seeing a lot of company's who say they can sort all the process out for you but unsure what they are like or even worth it.
Many thanks
Hi, I think you'd get a better response in the Oz immigration and visa section of the forum, here Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia) - British Expats

Also, have a look at other threads there, as there've been quite a few very similar to yours in the past few days so the replies will be helpful to you. Best of luck.
Old Jan 12th 2017, 6:48 am
Just Joined

Hi thanks a lot for your reply I made some in roads yesterday but will have a look at where you said. Many thanks take care
Old Jan 14th 2017, 6:59 am
BE Forum Addict

verystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond repute

It may be a good idea to speak tons good registered migration agent. There are a number that post on here such as Go Matilda.
Old Jan 14th 2017, 9:24 am
Just Joined

Thanks for that I will have a look. I have already been in touch with one but I don't like the idea of paying out a lot of money without the guarantee of getting a visa. Hell of a lot of money to pay out to get no where.
Old Jan 14th 2017, 11:03 pm
Migration Agent

Location: Offices in Melbourne, Brisbane, Perth, Geelong (Australia), and Southampton (UK)
Alan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Cb10
Thanks for that I will have a look. I have already been in touch with one but I don't like the idea of paying out a lot of money without the guarantee of getting a visa. Hell of a lot of money to pay out to get no where.

=> Unfortunately there is a risk involved in applying for a visa - there are no guarantees as to a positive outcome, I'm afraid.

The only certainty is that if you don't apply for a visa you definitely won't be moving to Australia.

Best regards.