Not A Clue

Old Aug 5th 2006, 2:20 pm
Just Joined

harveylegg is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Not A Clue

Have now made the first steps towards hopefully a new and better life in oz,
the problem is that we are still trying to find information on towns and where best to settle.
not to hot
not the city
rural with views
school for are son, who will be just starting school by the time we get there.
at the moment we are thinking NSW-Victoria why?
also if it is not to much to ask an area where we can buy a house 3-2-1 +pool for 350,000 Australian dollars maybe i am just dreaming
Old Aug 5th 2006, 2:29 pm
Forum Regular

skyblue has much to be proud ofskyblue has much to be proud ofskyblue has much to be proud ofskyblue has much to be proud ofskyblue has much to be proud ofskyblue has much to be proud ofskyblue has much to be proud ofskyblue has much to be proud ofskyblue has much to be proud ofskyblue has much to be proud ofskyblue has much to be proud of
Default Re: Not A Clue

Adelaide.

Adelaide Brits

Adelaide Bound

Originally Posted by harveylegg
the problem is that we are still trying to find information on towns and where best to settle.
not to hot
not the city
rural with views
also if it is not to much to ask an area where we can buy a house 3-2-1 +pool for 350,000 Australian dollars maybe i am just dreaming
Old Aug 5th 2006, 2:43 pm
Forum Regular

emu72 is a glorious beacon of lightemu72 is a glorious beacon of lightemu72 is a glorious beacon of lightemu72 is a glorious beacon of lightemu72 is a glorious beacon of lightemu72 is a glorious beacon of lightemu72 is a glorious beacon of lightemu72 is a glorious beacon of lightemu72 is a glorious beacon of lightemu72 is a glorious beacon of lightemu72 is a glorious beacon of light

not to hot
not the city
rural with views
Are you really expecting serious answers to this question?

All the major cities are very different and each suit a different type of person. Only you will know where you feel comfortable but if you don't like hot weather then you might be in trouble wherever you choose!

As for house prices, there are numerous websites that will show you exactly what you can buy for $350k. Try domain.com.au.
Old Aug 5th 2006, 4:47 pm
BE Enthusiast

weeman111 has much to be proud ofweeman111 has much to be proud ofweeman111 has much to be proud ofweeman111 has much to be proud ofweeman111 has much to be proud ofweeman111 has much to be proud ofweeman111 has much to be proud ofweeman111 has much to be proud ofweeman111 has much to be proud ofweeman111 has much to be proud ofweeman111 has much to be proud of

not to hot
not the city
rural with views
Hi,check out Mornington,thats where we hope to buy a house after we have been there a while,not too far from Melbourne,direct line train from Frankston,a really nice area in my opinion,good luck,cheers Dave
Old Aug 6th 2006, 2:59 am
BE Enthusiast

flip has much to be proud offlip has much to be proud offlip has much to be proud offlip has much to be proud offlip has much to be proud offlip has much to be proud offlip has much to be proud offlip has much to be proud offlip has much to be proud offlip has much to be proud offlip has much to be proud of

What views do you want and how far from the city are you willing to be. You can buy properties for this price within an hour of Melbourne but they may not have the transport systems you want and require work to be done but will have the rural aspect, friendliness and views of the country and often will be larger blocks.

If you're considering being away from the coast then places like Warrandyte (North East and hotter than Melbourne), Christmas Hills or Kallista (East and cooler than Melbourne because it's in the hills) might appeal. There are loads of village like these.

Can you order a book called the Melways (like our A-Z) from your bookstore or library and look through for areas that have roads spread out rather than on top of one another, then look through realestate.com.au or domain.com.au and check out average prices for properties in areas that you fancy.
Old Aug 6th 2006, 4:21 am
Account Closed

Nicstids is an unknown quantity at this point

not to hot
not the city
rural with views
You could try Toowoomba Qld where we are
http://www.toowoombanow.com.au/

People do tend to love it or hate it here though (!) so I would advise a reccie trip first.

We love it here - we live semi-rural and just out of Toowoomba so don't have any problems with water which is an issue here (like most of SE Qld at the moment).

Schools are very good. We have the University of Southern Queensland here as well.

It doesn't get as hot and humid here as on the coast as we are high up on a plateau. It does get colder than the coast in the winter but we haven't had a problem so far - the lowest we've seen it outside is 4 degrees and in the house 14 degrees.

Housing is a lot cheaper than in Brissie. Here's a house with a pool for under $350k
http://www.realestate.com.au/cgi-bin...a&fmt=&header=

I've attached a picture of the area we live in - just round the corner from a winery
www.prestonpeak.com

What do you do for jobs? You need to think about whether that will limit you as to how rural you can go - we've had no problems at all finding jobs here (solicitor and welder) but I would imagine that if you were in IT it might be a bit more difficult?
Attached Thumbnails Not A Clue-rangeview-002.jpg  
Old Aug 6th 2006, 3:16 pm
Just Joined

harveylegg is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Nicstids
You could try Toowoomba Qld where we are
http://www.toowoombanow.com.au/

People do tend to love it or hate it here though (!) so I would advise a reccie trip first.

We love it here - we live semi-rural and just out of Toowoomba so don't have any problems with water which is an issue here (like most of SE Qld at the moment).

Schools are very good. We have the University of Southern Queensland here as well.

It doesn't get as hot and humid here as on the coast as we are high up on a plateau. It does get colder than the coast in the winter but we haven't had a problem so far - the lowest we've seen it outside is 4 degrees and in the house 14 degrees.

Housing is a lot cheaper than in Brissie. Here's a house with a pool for under $350k
http://www.realestate.com.au/cgi-bin...a&fmt=&header=

I've attached a picture of the area we live in - just round the corner from a winery
www.prestonpeak.com

What do you do for jobs? You need to think about whether that will limit you as to how rural you can go - we've had no problems at all finding jobs here (solicitor and welder) but I would imagine that if you were in IT it might be a bit more difficult?
Thanks for your advice and the picture it looks great. I am a registered nurse and my wife currently works ina school as a first aider although she is considering returning to nursing. Any/ all information is greatly appreciated.
Mark and Sandy
Old Aug 6th 2006, 3:33 pm
Forum Regular

surfsup is an unknown quantity at this point

not to hot
not the city
rural with views

We are looking at the central coast area of nsw for those same reasons amongst others. The further north the cheaper. Try gosford area.Still good work prospects too and loads of coastline, excellent for watersports