Not a chance...

Old Oct 5th 2005, 3:14 pm
Don't Panic.

phobia is an unknown quantity at this point
Unhappy Not a chance...

I'm not a happy person. I've completed all the visas I could apply for at liveinaustralia.com and not one of them was successful.

I know what my problem is too. I'm 31, I don't have a degree and my work history is next to useless (all my own doing). I got back from Australia nearly 10 months ago after spending a year there on a working holiday and I fell in love with the country and I'd love to get back there.

Is there no hope for me and is there anything I could do?

Any help, information or advice would be gratefully received.

Thanks for reading

*edit.. Sorry. I've posted this in the wrong forum. Can a mod please move it to the right section please? Thank you.

Last edited by phobia; Oct 5th 2005 at 3:16 pm.
Old Oct 5th 2005, 3:23 pm
Sunning it up in Benowa

Location: Body in benowa, Mind in Benowa, the whole fricking thing in benowa MAN !!!!!
Jane and Russ Middleton has a reputation beyond reputeJane and Russ Middleton has a reputation beyond reputeJane and Russ Middleton has a reputation beyond reputeJane and Russ Middleton has a reputation beyond reputeJane and Russ Middleton has a reputation beyond reputeJane and Russ Middleton has a reputation beyond reputeJane and Russ Middleton has a reputation beyond reputeJane and Russ Middleton has a reputation beyond reputeJane and Russ Middleton has a reputation beyond reputeJane and Russ Middleton has a reputation beyond reputeJane and Russ Middleton has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Not a chance...

Originally Posted by phobia
I'm not a happy person. I've completed all the visas I could apply for at liveinaustralia.com and not one of them was successful.

I know what my problem is too. I'm 31, I don't have a degree and my work history is next to useless (all my own doing). I got back from Australia nearly 10 months ago after spending a year there on a working holiday and I fell in love with the country and I'd love to get back there.

Thanks for reading

*edit.. Sorry. I've posted this in the wrong forum. Can a mod please move it to the right section please? Thank you.

Hi,
Why don't you try going on a student visa and then while there train up to something they need There are a few people on here who are going on a student visa..... worth a try
Jane
Old Oct 5th 2005, 3:26 pm
Fighting my corner

Vash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond repute
Red face Re: Not a chance...

Argh, that's a shocker mate; so sorry to hear it.

The student visa suggestion is a good one, though; check out the site and see what you can find: http://www.immi.gov.au/study

Old Oct 5th 2005, 3:38 pm
Life is good

claire edwards is a name known to allclaire edwards is a name known to allclaire edwards is a name known to allclaire edwards is a name known to allclaire edwards is a name known to allclaire edwards is a name known to allclaire edwards is a name known to allclaire edwards is a name known to allclaire edwards is a name known to allclaire edwards is a name known to allclaire edwards is a name known to all

what's your work experience?
Have you spoken to an agent directly?
Old Oct 5th 2005, 3:54 pm
Victorian Evangelist

Buzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond repute
Talking Re: Not a chance...

Thanks for reading

You could try dating an ozzie for a year!!!!! Then you can get in on de facto.
Old Oct 5th 2005, 4:11 pm
Don't Panic.

Originally Posted by Jane and Russ Middleton
Hi,
Why don't you try going on a student visa and then while there train up to something they need There are a few people on here who are going on a student visa..... worth a try
Jane
Thanks to everyone who suggested the student visa. I'll be reading up on that this evening. That's a really good help and I think you all.
Old Oct 5th 2005, 4:13 pm
Don't Panic.

Originally Posted by Buzzy--Bee
You could try dating an ozzie for a year!!!!! Then you can get in on de facto.
Funny you should say that, I based myself with a lass who's an Aussie. But she's gone back into education and left her job leaving her little money to no money to be my sponsor

But thanks for the suggestion.
Old Oct 5th 2005, 4:16 pm
Don't Panic.

Originally Posted by claire edwards
what's your work experience?
Have you spoken to an agent directly?
My work experience is limited, although I did complete my first year of my degree (BSc Computing Science) before I left it. All I've done with my life is work bum jobs for a few months then gone on holiday. I've never really settled into a job and I'm regretting it now, but loved the travelling

I've not spoken to an agency directly. Who would you advise I try? Sorry to be a pain.
Old Oct 5th 2005, 4:30 pm
Life is good

claire edwards is a name known to allclaire edwards is a name known to allclaire edwards is a name known to allclaire edwards is a name known to allclaire edwards is a name known to allclaire edwards is a name known to allclaire edwards is a name known to allclaire edwards is a name known to allclaire edwards is a name known to allclaire edwards is a name known to allclaire edwards is a name known to all

go matilda
australian migration
OE visas

There's a few to be getting on with.
Claire
Old Oct 5th 2005, 6:51 pm
BE Forum Addict

cranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond repute

My work experience is limited, although I did complete my first year of my degree (BSc Computing Science) before I left it. All I've done with my life is work bum jobs for a few months then gone on holiday. I've never really settled into a job and I'm regretting it now, but loved the travelling

I've not spoken to an agency directly. Who would you advise I try? Sorry to be a pain.
My daughter came out on student visa, in June, we have PR, you know it not cheap, my son is coming over the same way in Jan, he is doing 2 yr of a 3 yr course as he did one yr in UK. It is costng me 32,000 dollars for him to study here, i paid 6,000 for my daughters 1 st semester, but i have now applied for residency for her, and i really hope she gets it. Good luck to you, Denise
Old Oct 5th 2005, 9:06 pm
BE Forum Addict

mand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond repute

Other option would be to retrain in England in a career that is in demand in Australia. That would probably be the cheaper way. Also at 31 you have the time to do that as the cut of age is 45 for skilled independent visas.
Old Oct 5th 2005, 9:26 pm
kelly Slater...mmmmmm

Carkedit is just really niceCarkedit is just really niceCarkedit is just really niceCarkedit is just really niceCarkedit is just really niceCarkedit is just really niceCarkedit is just really niceCarkedit is just really niceCarkedit is just really nice

I re-trained as a gardener, now I can get in as a florist (my original trade) but now I have found a fantastic job as a gardener in the UK so after a couple of years I can get in either way. Gardening pays more too ;-)

Good luck with getting in though whichever way you go, I have my fingers crossed for ya!