Northmead?

Old Dec 19th 2004, 8:21 pm
Forum Regular

Alice Noble is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Northmead?

Hi Everyone

I hope you are looking forward to the festive season. Just wondered: does anybody know anything about Northmead in NSW? It has come up as option for somewhere to live when we move over in January but we don't know much about it. It is inland, which I see as a bit of a downer - has anyone any views?

Merry Christmas to you all!

Alice
Old Dec 20th 2004, 4:17 am
BE Forum Addict

Gibbo has a reputation beyond reputeGibbo has a reputation beyond reputeGibbo has a reputation beyond reputeGibbo has a reputation beyond reputeGibbo has a reputation beyond reputeGibbo has a reputation beyond reputeGibbo has a reputation beyond reputeGibbo has a reputation beyond reputeGibbo has a reputation beyond reputeGibbo has a reputation beyond reputeGibbo has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Northmead?

Northmead is just north of Parramatta at the southern end of the Hills District.
Quite a pleasant place to live. It is a bit of a drive to the beaches but driving or travelling by train to the City isn't too bad. Plenty of shopping centres, schools etc. within easy reach. Public transport in the Hills is pretty non existant so you really do need a car.
Old Dec 20th 2004, 5:55 am
new horizons

new horizons is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Northmead?

I keep beating this drum but still say for families you can't beat the Sutherland Shire. Offers great recreational, educational, health and housing options. Once you live in the Shire you don't need to leave unless you happen to work in the city. 40 minutes by train - similar by car - to the CBD, surrounded by very user friendly bays, beaches, and national parks the Sutherland shire is still the somewhat hidden jewel of Sydney.
Northmead is quite nice but as it is in the outer west of Sydney it gets hotter and colder than the suburbs on or near the coastline.
Lots of brit expats in the Shire so you will hear familiar accents. Happy suburb hunting!