Reload this Page >

Northern Suburbs UK migrant group

Northern Suburbs UK migrant group

Old Apr 13th 2004, 6:45 am
Die Hard Freo Fan

Simmo is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Northern Suburbs UK migrant group

Hi Guys
I know that there are a couple around, but I wondered whether any of you either here in Perth or coming to Perth and looking to live in the Northern suburbs, would be interested in getting together a support group for newbies that arrive over here to help them out and provide a network of friends and contacts.
I have been here for 8 years now and love everyday, and thought that it would be great to help out others who were in the same situation as myself when I arrived in a new country.

Would love to hear your comments.
Old Apr 13th 2004, 7:28 pm

chris n will become famous soon enoughchris n will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Northern Suburbs UK migrant group

Hi Simmo

Does this mean that you'll put the wife and kids up for three months when we arrive? Only joking - good to hear that I'll be a newbie not a pom!

Seriously - one thing that would be useful is a quick idea of which of the suburbs are worth looking at accomodation wise. We've started to look but only really know a couple of names - and I didn't realise how far north Iluka was until I looked on a map last week.

Bit of an impersonal way to correspond with your cousin but your answers may help out a few people!

Will email again soon.

Chris
Old Apr 13th 2004, 7:49 pm
Banned

pompeywill is a jewel in the roughpompeywill is a jewel in the roughpompeywill is a jewel in the roughpompeywill is a jewel in the roughpompeywill is a jewel in the rough

Sounds good to me.
A really good idea would be to arrange furniture for the newbies so they can rent the cheaper unfurnished properties until they find their feet.
Furnished rentals seem to be gold dust. (so some certain companies charge over the top rates, therefore exploiting the rather green poms).
I loved Iluka btw, bit too expensive for us though. Its not that far north at all.
Old Apr 13th 2004, 8:09 pm

maxpaxx is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Northern Suburbs UK migrant group

Originally posted by Simmo
Hi Guys
I know that there are a couple around, but I wondered whether any of you either here in Perth or coming to Perth and looking to live in the Northern suburbs, would be interested in getting together a support group for newbies that arrive over here to help them out and provide a network of friends and contacts.
I have been here for 8 years now and love everyday, and thought that it would be great to help out others who were in the same situation as myself when I arrived in a new country.

Would love to hear your comments.
Hey Simmo!

Where do you live in Iluka? We are just in the process of buying a house on Delgado Parade. Moving out on 29th sept.

Whats the rental market like in Iluka. We won't be living in our house till next April so need a long term rental and would like to rent near our house so we can settle into the area!

Whats burns beach like? Someone on here said it was a bit rocky and not good for kids.

Great idea BTW - we only have some second cousins that we don't really know so need some friends! - Ed is looking to join a football team to make some friends!

Maxine
Old Apr 14th 2004, 12:52 am
Die Hard Freo Fan

Simmo is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Guys
I'll try to answer all questions in this post.....Chris have just sent you an email and you haven't replied so thought I would try by this medium...only joking. Iluka isn't that far North, takes me about 30 minutes tops to get into the city by freeway,(not rush hour though) and I only work about 15 minutes away from home.
You will find that the more reasonable priced housing is either north or south of the river (being central Perth).I live about 5 mins to the beach so the compromise is more than worth it.
There are reasonable pockets all over so if you can give me an idea of pricing if you are going to buy, ie what you would be looking to spend. For me personally I like being away from the city, in the suburbs, close to the coast which gives a sea breeze relief in the warm summer months.

Maxpaxx
You will truly love Iluka, it is a very new suburb and so is very clean, nice parks lovely walks along the coast with a coastal walk/bike path running from Burns beach all the way to Cottesloe, I actually cycle to work along it a couple of times a week and it is truly like being on holiday. It is true that Burns is not a great kids beach although if you walk along the beach a bit the swimming is better. However within 5 to 10 mins from Delgardo Pd you have the pick of some of the best beaches in WA, Mullaloo is great, some reasonable surf too, from there the beach stretches some 4 or 5 kms to Hillarys or Sorrento quay.
By the Way I live in Savannah Way which is about 3 mins from your new house, I will check out the rental situation but I think that they are scarce in Iluka, it is a really good suburb and I think most people would buy there, you have done well to chose there as it is one of the better performing suburbs with great returns for you and me.
Feel free to email me with any questions you may have, also check out http://www.iluka.biz/

Regards Simon
Old Apr 14th 2004, 10:17 am

maxpaxx is an unknown quantity at this point

[Maxpaxx
You will truly love Iluka, it is a very new suburb and so is very clean, nice parks lovely walks along the coast with a coastal walk/bike path running from Burns beach all the way to Cottesloe, I actually cycle to work along it a couple of times a week and it is truly like being on holiday. It is true that Burns is not a great kids beach although if you walk along the beach a bit the swimming is better. However within 5 to 10 mins from Delgardo Pd you have the pick of some of the best beaches in WA, Mullaloo is great, some reasonable surf too, from there the beach stretches some 4 or 5 kms to Hillarys or Sorrento quay.
By the Way I live in Savannah Way which is about 3 mins from your new house, I will check out the rental situation but I think that they are scarce in Iluka, it is a really good suburb and I think most people would buy there, you have done well to chose there as it is one of the better performing suburbs with great returns for you and me.
Feel free to email me with any questions you may have, also check out http://www.iluka.biz/

..Thanks Simon,

It really made my day reading this! AND we got our loan approved today so the house should be ours by the end of April!

..can't believe how quickly you can buy a house over there!

..it's a shame Burns beach isn't more child friendly - but hey I'll take any beach I can get!..so excited now come on September..Wishing this English summer away.

..if anyone needs a broker to get a mortgage I would thouroughly recommend the guy we used - if anyones interested I can send his number.

Max x