Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Northern Suburbia, Brisbane...............

Northern Suburbia, Brisbane...............

Old Sep 29th 2006, 2:08 am
ridiculous avatar

Jimmy Cliff is a glorious beacon of lightJimmy Cliff is a glorious beacon of lightJimmy Cliff is a glorious beacon of lightJimmy Cliff is a glorious beacon of lightJimmy Cliff is a glorious beacon of lightJimmy Cliff is a glorious beacon of lightJimmy Cliff is a glorious beacon of lightJimmy Cliff is a glorious beacon of lightJimmy Cliff is a glorious beacon of lightJimmy Cliff is a glorious beacon of lightJimmy Cliff is a glorious beacon of light
Default Northern Suburbia, Brisbane...............

Well, we love it!

I can only say it will suit some and not others as you know by the selection of threads that come on. But for us 2 and 2 kids (9 & 4) of a liberal nature and not dependant on anyone, we think this is a great place to live.

We are all very happy and found it very easy to do all the necessary bits (Banks, Tax File Number, Medicare, mobile, did it all in a day in the great mini City of Brisbane, took the kids to the botanical gardens and ate great food all day). Just take a folder of essentilas everywhere with you for at least 3 weeks. You will need id to post a parcel back to the UK too.

We have after much driving around and getting to know N,S,E&W decided to settle North because of proximity to airport for future overseas visitors, we expect quite a few. 55 mins from GC, 40 to SC and 10 minutes to the lovely Suttons Beach at Redcliffe. 15 mins to the airport.

People are great, Queenslanders are funny as, I laugh everyday at Ozzie ism's. Service is great and food is fantastic. Much better value for money than the uk. You only get it if its in season here and bar bananas, tastes much better.

I have woken up everyday with a smile, kids and Huzza all loving it.

We do not miss home at all, I link up to my folks via skype/web cam whenever we/they want and freinds/rellies are all getting their cameras. Get the people that will miss you the most to set it up and test out before you go, get them with the technology, its a great and reasonable way of staying in touch. Kids fly in and out of the conversation as they would at home. Mum and Dad watched my little one opening her birthday pressies which was fab.

If anyone has anything they want to ask please do, I am more than willing to offer any advice this end about anything.

Come prepared and dont be scared...its great. Life is good and what you make it. Good luck to all on their way. For us after reading some disasterous posts, cannot understand why people go back.

Best wishes you Guys,

Vics xxxx

Last edited by Jimmy Cliff; Sep 29th 2006 at 2:17 am.
Old Sep 29th 2006, 9:27 am
BE Enthusiast

teejay66 has a reputation beyond reputeteejay66 has a reputation beyond reputeteejay66 has a reputation beyond reputeteejay66 has a reputation beyond reputeteejay66 has a reputation beyond reputeteejay66 has a reputation beyond reputeteejay66 has a reputation beyond reputeteejay66 has a reputation beyond reputeteejay66 has a reputation beyond reputeteejay66 has a reputation beyond reputeteejay66 has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: Northern Suburbia, Brisbane...............

Hi Vics,
wow i didn't realise you had gone already.
Glad to hear your all lovin it and getting on great. Have you spoken or seen Jane since you arrived in Oz?
Anyways i wish you all the best and hope to see you some time in the future

we are still waiting for our case officer

Phil
Old Sep 29th 2006, 9:35 am
BE Forum Addict

samnsam has a reputation beyond reputesamnsam has a reputation beyond reputesamnsam has a reputation beyond reputesamnsam has a reputation beyond reputesamnsam has a reputation beyond reputesamnsam has a reputation beyond reputesamnsam has a reputation beyond reputesamnsam has a reputation beyond reputesamnsam has a reputation beyond reputesamnsam has a reputation beyond reputesamnsam has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Northern Suburbia, Brisbane...............

Originally Posted by Jimmy Cliff
Well, we love it!

I can only say it will suit some and not others as you know by the selection of threads that come on. But for us 2 and 2 kids (9 & 4) of a liberal nature and not dependant on anyone, we think this is a great place to live.

We are all very happy and found it very easy to do all the necessary bits (Banks, Tax File Number, Medicare, mobile, did it all in a day in the great mini City of Brisbane, took the kids to the botanical gardens and ate great food all day). Just take a folder of essentilas everywhere with you for at least 3 weeks. You will need id to post a parcel back to the UK too.

We have after much driving around and getting to know N,S,E&W decided to settle North because of proximity to airport for future overseas visitors, we expect quite a few. 55 mins from GC, 40 to SC and 10 minutes to the lovely Suttons Beach at Redcliffe. 15 mins to the airport.

People are great, Queenslanders are funny as, I laugh everyday at Ozzie ism's. Service is great and food is fantastic. Much better value for money than the uk. You only get it if its in season here and bar bananas, tastes much better.

We do not miss home at all, I link up to my folks via skype/web cam whenever we/they want and freinds/rellies are all getting their cameras. Get the people that will miss you the most to set it up and test out before you go, get them with the technology, its a great and reasonable way of staying in touch. Kids fly in and out of the conversation as they would at home. Mum and Dad watched my little one opening her birthday pressies which was fab.

If anyone has anything they want to ask please do, I am more than willing to offer any advice this end about anything.

Come prepared and dont be scared...its great. Life is good and what you make it. Good luck to all on their way. For us after reading some disasterous posts, cannot understand why people go back.

Best wishes you Guys,

Vics xxxx
Hi Vics, what a lovely posting. So glad your having a lovely life. Hopeing to settle in QLD ourselves in about 15 months time.
Sam x.
Old Sep 29th 2006, 9:41 am
Banned

acbh2 has a reputation beyond reputeacbh2 has a reputation beyond reputeacbh2 has a reputation beyond reputeacbh2 has a reputation beyond reputeacbh2 has a reputation beyond reputeacbh2 has a reputation beyond reputeacbh2 has a reputation beyond reputeacbh2 has a reputation beyond reputeacbh2 has a reputation beyond reputeacbh2 has a reputation beyond reputeacbh2 has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Vics,
What a great positive post it really puts me at ease to read your post... expecially as when we move my 2 children will be 10 and 4 so in ages with your 2. We are also looking to go to Brisbane although we will wait till we get there before deciding on an area. Hope you and your family continue to enjoy your new life.
All the best
Andrea
xx
Old Sep 29th 2006, 10:41 am
Here At Last!!

frogboy is just really nicefrogboy is just really nicefrogboy is just really nicefrogboy is just really nicefrogboy is just really nicefrogboy is just really nicefrogboy is just really nicefrogboy is just really nicefrogboy is just really nicefrogboy is just really nicefrogboy is just really nice

Hi Vics,

Sounds like you have settled in well. We are on our way to Brisbane on Tuesday so hopefully things will run as smoothly as yours did. We are heading to North Lakes, just north of bribsane, we have 2 kids, girl 11 and boy 5. Where abouts are you living, it sounds like you are pretty close to North Lakes.

Hope things continue well and maybe see you out there.

Ian
Old Sep 29th 2006, 11:01 am
Forum Regular

Greg, Michele and Bella is a jewel in the roughGreg, Michele and Bella is a jewel in the roughGreg, Michele and Bella is a jewel in the roughGreg, Michele and Bella is a jewel in the rough

Hi Ian,

Sorry to hijack this a little. What number are you heading to at The Crest?

Originally Posted by frogboy
Hi Vics,

Sounds like you have settled in well. We are on our way to Brisbane on Tuesday so hopefully things will run as smoothly as yours did. We are heading to North Lakes, just north of bribsane, we have 2 kids, girl 11 and boy 5. Where abouts are you living, it sounds like you are pretty close to North Lakes.

Hope things continue well and maybe see you out there.

Ian

Last edited by Greg, Michele and Bella; Sep 29th 2006 at 11:09 am.
Old Sep 29th 2006, 12:26 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

curly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond repute

Great to hear you're enjoying your new life

Lovely to hear positive news

N.

Well, we love it!

Best wishes you Guys,

Vics xxxx
Old Sep 29th 2006, 4:46 pm
Forum Regular

martynm is just really nicemartynm is just really nicemartynm is just really nicemartynm is just really nicemartynm is just really nicemartynm is just really nicemartynm is just really nicemartynm is just really nice

Well, we love it!

Best wishes you Guys,

Vics xxxx

Fantastic post, where are you ? We're headed to Brisbane and thought of Northern Suburbs.
Old Sep 29th 2006, 8:36 pm
Anything,Anytime,Anywhere

The Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond repute

You will need id to post a parcel back to the UK too.
Although at some post offices they will argue that UK passports are not acceptable forms of identification.

Much better value for money than the uk. You only get it if its in season here and bar bananas, tastes much better.
Bananas at $13/kg would want to taste better.
Old Sep 29th 2006, 10:07 pm
Banned

232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute

We're Northside as well and much prefer it to the 'pretentious' Southside. 35 mins to City, 20 to Suttons and lagoon, 'Sunny' coast just up the road - what could be better!
Old Sep 29th 2006, 10:35 pm
ridiculous avatar

Jimmy Cliff is a glorious beacon of lightJimmy Cliff is a glorious beacon of lightJimmy Cliff is a glorious beacon of lightJimmy Cliff is a glorious beacon of lightJimmy Cliff is a glorious beacon of lightJimmy Cliff is a glorious beacon of lightJimmy Cliff is a glorious beacon of lightJimmy Cliff is a glorious beacon of lightJimmy Cliff is a glorious beacon of lightJimmy Cliff is a glorious beacon of lightJimmy Cliff is a glorious beacon of light

Hi all,

Teejay, hang on in there, it will come and you can go where you like now too. Ps, your gonna love it!!!! Jane and Russ are over at Paul and Nics this weekend but Jase is out on the lash with Greg (of Greg , Michelle & Bella) watching Brisbane vs Melbourne so we will miss this one.

Everyone else, we are also North in North lakes also in the Crest. It is a great place to base yourself as the complex has gates which is nice and safe for the kids and the communal pool area is great for meeting people.
It is not totally little Britain either, there is a good mix of nationalities including Australians.

House/land hunting today and off to Bribie tomorrow, another sunny day!

Keep going all in the uk x x x

Vics x
Old Sep 30th 2006, 3:16 am

>Trigger< has a reputation beyond repute>Trigger< has a reputation beyond repute>Trigger< has a reputation beyond repute>Trigger< has a reputation beyond repute>Trigger< has a reputation beyond repute>Trigger< has a reputation beyond repute>Trigger< has a reputation beyond repute>Trigger< has a reputation beyond repute>Trigger< has a reputation beyond repute>Trigger< has a reputation beyond repute>Trigger< has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by 232Bar
We're Northside as well and much prefer it to the 'pretentious' Southside. 35 mins to City, 20 to Suttons and lagoon, 'Sunny' coast just up the road - what could be better!

pretentious....moi

Jeez..you have to drive to a beach, that is crap..and to cap it all its in Deadcliffe
Old Sep 30th 2006, 3:43 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

JackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by 232Bar
We're Northside as well and much prefer it to the 'pretentious' Southside.
How's southside pretentious. Enlighten us please.

Mrs JTL
Old Sep 30th 2006, 9:23 am
Account Closed

ELLJAY is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by JackTheLad
How's southside pretentious. Enlighten us please.

Mrs JTL
ditto! - i'd like to know too - please
Old Sep 30th 2006, 10:20 am
ridiculous avatar

I have been down South quite a bit and Huzzy works South, it's not at all pretentious. Of course there is lots of money around the Gold Coast area, but those guys are seriously rich and are too busy out on their boats to be boasting. Everywhere has pockets of particularly nice places to live, those rumors are started by jealous people who would like to live there and cant afford to. End of story.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.