Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Northern Ireland to OZ removals?

Northern Ireland to OZ removals?

Old May 12th 2009, 7:02 pm
Adventure sorted

Location: Norn Iron ... Brisbane, and now off to Melbourne East
Hoolio1972 has a brilliant futureHoolio1972 has a brilliant futureHoolio1972 has a brilliant futureHoolio1972 has a brilliant futureHoolio1972 has a brilliant futureHoolio1972 has a brilliant future
Default Northern Ireland to OZ removals?

Hi there, anyone moved recently from Norn Iron down under?

Just looking to get contact details for a few local removal agents, so that I can get an idea of costs and other stuff.

I've seen the big name companys operating from the UK and the associated prices £4,500 to £7,000 for 20ft containers.

Just wondering if Norn iron differs much and also what real experiences my fellow people have had,

Cheers for feedback, hints n tips,
Old May 12th 2009, 8:02 pm
'Made in Ulster' Member

Location: Brisbane, QLD. (Though an Ulster girl through and through!)
Jen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Northern Ireland to OZ removals?

Originally Posted by Hoolio1972

Just looking to get contact details for a few local removal agents, so that I can get an idea of costs and other stuff.

I've seen the big name companys operating from the UK and the associated prices £4,500 to £7,000 for 20ft containers.

Just wondering if Norn iron differs much and also what real experiences my fellow people have had,

Hi, I too am from Sunny Northern Ireland, this thread seems to name a few Norn Iron movers....mcgimpseys etc....have a wee nosey through and see what you can find, or even message a few people on there who've already done the move!

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...rthern+ireland

Where in NI r u from and have you got your visas already? I'm from just outside Banbridge and having only applied in Feb, will be waiting a long time yet!
Old May 13th 2009, 1:22 am
BE Forum Addict

camacazi is just really nicecamacazi is just really nicecamacazi is just really nicecamacazi is just really nicecamacazi is just really nicecamacazi is just really nicecamacazi is just really nicecamacazi is just really nicecamacazi is just really nicecamacazi is just really nicecamacazi is just really nice

hi, we moved end of march and just got our container last week.
we used browns from belfast, £3700 for 20ft container. took 11 weeks, would highly recommend them. got everything in one piece, and was really well packed and organised.

caroline
Old May 13th 2009, 6:32 am
Recession Surfing 2006 ->

Zambia has a reputation beyond reputeZambia has a reputation beyond reputeZambia has a reputation beyond reputeZambia has a reputation beyond reputeZambia has a reputation beyond reputeZambia has a reputation beyond reputeZambia has a reputation beyond reputeZambia has a reputation beyond reputeZambia has a reputation beyond reputeZambia has a reputation beyond reputeZambia has a reputation beyond repute

We used mcgimpseys and they where good. I would recommend them
Old May 13th 2009, 9:21 pm
Just Joined

alandnic is on a distinguished road

We also used mcgimpseys (Portadown-Melbourne). Would highly recommend, we thought they were great.
Old May 16th 2009, 7:42 am
Adventure sorted

Hoolio1972 has a brilliant futureHoolio1972 has a brilliant futureHoolio1972 has a brilliant futureHoolio1972 has a brilliant futureHoolio1972 has a brilliant futureHoolio1972 has a brilliant future

Thanks to all, this is just the leads I need.

Paul
Old May 16th 2009, 7:44 am
Adventure sorted

Originally Posted by Jen1977ni
Hi, I too am from Sunny Northern Ireland, this thread seems to name a few Norn Iron movers....mcgimpseys etc....have a wee nosey through and see what you can find, or even message a few people on there who've already done the move!

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...rthern+ireland

Where in NI r u from and have you got your visas already? I'm from just outside Banbridge and having only applied in Feb, will be waiting a long time yet!
Hopefully it will all come arround eventually. I think my visa should be speedily enough processed, Im aiming to go over mid next year.

oh yeah I live up in templpatrick!
Old May 16th 2009, 9:31 am
'Made in Ulster' Member

Jen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond repute

Hopefully it will all come arround eventually. I think my visa should be speedily enough processed, Im aiming to go over mid next year.

Ack I know templepatrick, nice wee spot, dear knows when I'll get my visa grr
Old May 16th 2009, 9:42 am
'Made in Ulster' Member

What's ur skill and which visa u going over on?!
Old May 16th 2009, 3:16 pm
Forum Regular

wannabe in oz will become famous soon enough

hi all, been reading about mover`s you are recommending thanks for that. we`ve got our visas, just trying to sell house which isn`t easy at the moment
Old May 16th 2009, 3:24 pm
'Made in Ulster' Member

Originally Posted by wannabe in oz
hi all, been reading about mover`s you are recommending thanks for that. we`ve got our visas, just trying to sell house which isn`t easy at the moment
I'm sure it's not, whereabouts are you?!
Old May 16th 2009, 3:57 pm
Forum Regular

sunny kinallen, just outside dromore. really lookin forward to moving to sunny perth.what about you, where you lookin to go to
Old May 16th 2009, 4:06 pm
'Made in Ulster' Member

Originally Posted by wannabe in oz
sunny kinallen, just outside dromore. really lookin forward to moving to sunny perth.what about you, where you lookin to go to
Really? I'm just down the road from you, between Donaghcloney and Dromore!!! What occupation are you going out on?
Old May 16th 2009, 4:22 pm
'Made in Ulster' Member

Oh....and Victoria hopefully....
Old May 16th 2009, 4:28 pm
Forum Regular

i`m a plumber by trade but to be honest i would`nt mind what work i was doing, just as long as the money was right. going over in october to validate visas, but if house sells b4 that we`ll go for good. what about yourself, what job you doing? you got kids going with you, if so ,how old and how do they feel about it all

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.