Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Northern Beaches

Northern Beaches

Old Oct 4th 2008, 9:17 am
BE Enthusiast

Russ_Sarah is just really niceRuss_Sarah is just really niceRuss_Sarah is just really niceRuss_Sarah is just really niceRuss_Sarah is just really niceRuss_Sarah is just really niceRuss_Sarah is just really niceRuss_Sarah is just really niceRuss_Sarah is just really niceRuss_Sarah is just really niceRuss_Sarah is just really nice
Default Northern Beaches

hello..

we are a family of 3..dad 33, mum 34, and son 3..in Manly..

just wondering if there are any others around?

i start work next week and the wife is going to be on here own..but she has a car and was wondering if there are any other mums about...
Old Oct 4th 2008, 10:57 am
BE Enthusiast

plantpot is a glorious beacon of lightplantpot is a glorious beacon of lightplantpot is a glorious beacon of lightplantpot is a glorious beacon of lightplantpot is a glorious beacon of lightplantpot is a glorious beacon of lightplantpot is a glorious beacon of lightplantpot is a glorious beacon of lightplantpot is a glorious beacon of lightplantpot is a glorious beacon of lightplantpot is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Northern Beaches

Originally Posted by Russ_Sarah
hello..

we are a family of 3..dad 33, mum 34, and son 3..in Manly..

just wondering if there are any others around?

i start work next week and the wife is going to be on here own..but she has a car and was wondering if there are any other mums about...
I will be around with a nearly 3 year old Mid Nov...would be happy to meet up as won't be working either....PM me if you like..
Old Oct 5th 2008, 2:21 am
22B
BE Enthusiast

22B has a brilliant future22B has a brilliant future22B has a brilliant future22B has a brilliant future22B has a brilliant future22B has a brilliant future22B has a brilliant future

There is a meet at Bobbin Head on Tuesday 7th, from 10am.
Plenty of Mums, one Dad, and heaps of kids will be there.

PM me if you'd like more details.

- 22B
Old Oct 15th 2008, 7:20 pm
Three of us

hettie has a brilliant futurehettie has a brilliant futurehettie has a brilliant futurehettie has a brilliant futurehettie has a brilliant futurehettie has a brilliant futurehettie has a brilliant futurehettie has a brilliant future

Hiya,we re coming over also (me,hubby,and 3 yr daughter) i think it will be around february ish,you ll prob know everyone and everything by then,i ll contact you when we arrive then i ll be panicing as i wont know anyone etc, im 32,hubby 36 and cant wait to get over there !!

lisa x
Old Oct 16th 2008, 12:44 am
BE Enthusiast

Rosscarbery is a splendid one to beholdRosscarbery is a splendid one to beholdRosscarbery is a splendid one to beholdRosscarbery is a splendid one to beholdRosscarbery is a splendid one to beholdRosscarbery is a splendid one to beholdRosscarbery is a splendid one to beholdRosscarbery is a splendid one to beholdRosscarbery is a splendid one to beholdRosscarbery is a splendid one to beholdRosscarbery is a splendid one to behold

Welcome to Sydney - I grew up in Rathmines

Keep an eye out for the next FTC meet (First Tuesday Club) which will be on 4th November. Binbird will put a post up nearer the time asking for venue suggestions and you can put your bid in for something not a million miles away!
Old Oct 17th 2008, 2:50 am
BE Forum Addict

Wilgar has much to be proud ofWilgar has much to be proud ofWilgar has much to be proud ofWilgar has much to be proud ofWilgar has much to be proud ofWilgar has much to be proud ofWilgar has much to be proud ofWilgar has much to be proud ofWilgar has much to be proud ofWilgar has much to be proud ofWilgar has much to be proud of

That also Melbourne Cup Day and we may do something in honour! I`ve sent e-mails with suggestions.
Old Oct 17th 2008, 6:48 am
BE Enthusiast

Rosscarbery is a splendid one to beholdRosscarbery is a splendid one to beholdRosscarbery is a splendid one to beholdRosscarbery is a splendid one to beholdRosscarbery is a splendid one to beholdRosscarbery is a splendid one to beholdRosscarbery is a splendid one to beholdRosscarbery is a splendid one to beholdRosscarbery is a splendid one to beholdRosscarbery is a splendid one to beholdRosscarbery is a splendid one to behold

Forgot it was Melbourne Cup Wilgar! (very un-Australian of me). I guess it's look out for December's FTC then to the OP
Old Oct 17th 2008, 10:04 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

carolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond repute

I am new 9 weeks monday) and in Killara- my daughter is 12, but then I'm older too- 48 (omg!)
not working, but trained teacher/prechool Special needs coordinator so used to little children. Would love to meet people as it is hard rattling round an unfurnished rental in a new country with no furniture other than what I have scrounged from parents at school or bought really cheaply at garage sales. Our container has been delayed again.
Anyone who wants to meet up for coffee and chat let me know.
Caroline
Old Oct 17th 2008, 9:37 pm
BE Enthusiast

Hi Caroline

We're just up the road from you in St. Ives - we've been here 15 months now. I'm not far off your age and my kids are 15,9, and 5. The 5 year old is only in pre-school Thurs/Fri at the moment so if you fancy a coffee one of those days PM me with your mobile and I'll give you a call.
Old Oct 19th 2008, 8:37 am
Three of us

hettie has a brilliant futurehettie has a brilliant futurehettie has a brilliant futurehettie has a brilliant futurehettie has a brilliant futurehettie has a brilliant futurehettie has a brilliant futurehettie has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Rosscarbery
Hi Caroline

We're just up the road from you in St. Ives - we've been here 15 months now. I'm not far off your age and my kids are 15,9, and 5. The 5 year old is only in pre-school Thurs/Fri at the moment so if you fancy a coffee one of those days PM me with your mobile and I'll give you a call.
Hi Caroline,just a quick question,1 of the areas which have been looking at when we arrive in Sydney is St Ives,can you let me know if you would recommend it, eg,safe for children,good pre schools/kindy and how far is it too the beach, i have a 3 yr old,and my husband will be working in North Ryde,thanks amillion

Lisa x
Old Oct 19th 2008, 8:59 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

carolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by hettie
Hi Caroline,just a quick question,1 of the areas which have been looking at when we arrive in Sydney is St Ives,can you let me know if you would recommend it, eg,safe for children,good pre schools/kindy and how far is it too the beach, i have a 3 yr old,and my husband will be working in North Ryde,thanks amillion

Lisa x
I have only been here 2 months, but live quite near to St.Ives. It isn't too far to the beach- just drive along the main road to the end and turn left or right for beaches! Takes about 20-30 mins from where I live, so about 10 mins less from St. Ives, but depends where you live in it. Seems ok for children- parks, shops,areas of interest and loads of garden centres. Can't comment on Kindy as my daughter is 12!!! I know that the area has some excellent schools, whether private or public. Also has Jewish community if that's of interest, as well as usual catholic/anglican ones, and chinese/asian too.
Caroline
Old Dec 8th 2008, 6:48 am
Just Joined

skiveatwork is an unknown quantity at this point

St Ives is a very quiet and safe area we have been here about 2-3 months now and we have never seen and trouble - or even heard of any, lots of kids around here, sadly we dont have any, but I wouldn't hesitate to recommend it to families. Seems like some good schools, mind you very dodgy uniforms...