Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Northern Beach Babes....

Northern Beach Babes....

Old Oct 9th 2006, 12:20 am
Forum Regular

rubyredlips is a glorious beacon of lightrubyredlips is a glorious beacon of lightrubyredlips is a glorious beacon of lightrubyredlips is a glorious beacon of lightrubyredlips is a glorious beacon of lightrubyredlips is a glorious beacon of lightrubyredlips is a glorious beacon of lightrubyredlips is a glorious beacon of lightrubyredlips is a glorious beacon of lightrubyredlips is a glorious beacon of lightrubyredlips is a glorious beacon of light
Default Northern Beach Babes....

Hi,

I'm new to this site and am pleasantly surprised to discover there seems to be heaps of us on the Northern Beaches? Is there a separate thread for us already?

I am easily lost!
Old Oct 9th 2006, 1:53 am

gedge has disabled reputation
Default Re: Northern Beach Babes....

Originally Posted by rubyredlips
Hi,

I'm new to this site and am pleasantly surprised to discover there seems to be heaps of us on the Northern Beaches? Is there a separate thread for us already?

I am easily lost!
there are the occasional meet up threads like this one...
http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=396464

strangely enough they are in the Meet-Ups section

ask if you need directions
oh and welcome to the forum
Old Oct 9th 2006, 9:41 pm
Forum Regular

rubyredlips is a glorious beacon of lightrubyredlips is a glorious beacon of lightrubyredlips is a glorious beacon of lightrubyredlips is a glorious beacon of lightrubyredlips is a glorious beacon of lightrubyredlips is a glorious beacon of lightrubyredlips is a glorious beacon of lightrubyredlips is a glorious beacon of lightrubyredlips is a glorious beacon of lightrubyredlips is a glorious beacon of lightrubyredlips is a glorious beacon of light

Thank you Gedge...found it

Jo
Old Oct 9th 2006, 9:47 pm

Thank you Gedge...found it

Jo
i saw that already, welcome to the northern beaches too
Old Oct 9th 2006, 9:55 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by gedge
i saw that already, welcome to the northern beaches too

Why thankyou... Are you living in these parts also? I have also lived in Balmain & Newtown
Old Oct 9th 2006, 10:16 pm

Why thankyou... Are you living in these parts also? I have also lived in Balmain & Newtown
i'm working my way out of the city, Kirribilli to Queensie and now Av
Old Oct 9th 2006, 10:56 pm
An Australian Citizen !!

Jimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to behold

i'm working my way out of the city, Kirribilli to Queensie and now Av
Hey - what's this "Av" bit

Can't you spell Avalonia?

Jim Jim
Old Oct 9th 2006, 10:58 pm

Originally Posted by Jimclevs
Hey - what's this "Av" bit

Can't you spell Avalonia?

Jim Jim
hey Jim Jim from Terrible Terrigal, how's tricks?
Old Oct 10th 2006, 9:22 pm
An Australian Citizen !!

Jimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to behold

hey Jim Jim from Terrible Terrigal, how's tricks?
Good thanks.

Terrigal is still undergoing its seafront makeover - but there are much bigger plans afoot for major redevelpment here - not before time - but it seems there is a big NIMBY contingent ready to oppose it

Did you get caught in the southerly buster on Sunday lunchtime? We watched it blowing up the coast before it got here - all very surreal.

Jim Jim
Old Oct 10th 2006, 9:38 pm

Good thanks.

Terrigal is still undergoing its seafront makeover - but there are much bigger plans afoot for major redevelpment here - not before time - but it seems there is a big NIMBY contingent ready to oppose it

Did you get caught in the southerly buster on Sunday lunchtime? We watched it blowing up the coast before it got here - all very surreal.

Jim Jim
i heard about the makeover, is now not a good time to visit?
we have rellies over and were thinking about a drive up your way

i read about the southerly the day before so we went to the only beach in the area that faces north (Shelly) so we got to watch the coast become a sandstorm whilst we were quite sheltered
i don't have good ideas often so i have to make the most when i do
Old Oct 11th 2006, 4:23 am
An Australian Citizen !!

i heard about the makeover, is now not a good time to visit?
we have rellies over and were thinking about a drive up your way

i read about the southerly the day before so we went to the only beach in the area that faces north (Shelly) so we got to watch the coast become a sandstorm whilst we were quite sheltered
i don't have good ideas often so i have to make the most when i do
The makeover is not a real problem - some redirections around the Esplanade area and you can now use a new (free) car park alongside the Bowling Club (behind the Crowne Plaza) which is not well signposted so is generally three parts empty!

This week is busy of course - school hols - but next week should be good for any visiting. Avoca Beach is always good value also for a couple of hours and the new sparkly Surf Club has opened a cafe restaurant on its ground floor - and the cinema has reopened there also.

Which Shelly Beach was that - the one at Manly? Lovely little spot that - and away from the mayhem!

Jim
Old Oct 11th 2006, 4:25 am

The makeover is not a real problem - some redirections around the Esplanade area and you can now use a new (free) car park alongside the Bowling Club (behind the Crowne Plaza) which is not well signposted so is generally three parts empty!

This week is busy of course - school hols - but next week should be good for any visiting. Avoca Beach is always good value also for a couple of hours and the new sparkly Surf Club has opened a cafe restaurant on its ground floor - and the cinema has reopened there also.

Which Shelly Beach was that - the one at Manly? Lovely little spot that - and away from the mayhem!

Jim
thanks for the info

yeah Shelly at Manly, took my brother in law snorkelling along the break and played with a couple of blueys, great spot, one of my favs