Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

north suburbs of brisbane...accessible to northgate ??

north suburbs of brisbane...accessible to northgate ??

Old Jul 8th 2010, 1:59 am
Forum Regular

brissyb is an unknown quantity at this point
Default north suburbs of brisbane...accessible to northgate ??

Hi, have decided to rephrase a Thread i put on asking about areas north of brisbane,
need to find out what you all think of the areas of :
Fitzgibbon, Carseldine, Baldhills, Bracken Ridge or areas surrounding ??
also which state schools are recommended in these areas, kids current grades are prep and grade 7, anything or where we should avoid etc, we are currently living in the south side and need to relocate due to hubbys work etc, at northgate , he would be going to work by train....Thanks for any replys
Old Jul 8th 2010, 2:07 am
Forum Regular

Coryate has a spectacular aura aboutCoryate has a spectacular aura aboutCoryate has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: north suburbs of brisbane...accessible to northgate ??

Your probably better off asking on LiveJournal,Facebook or on other forums.

I remember those areas are OK to live, but rather bland, I have driven through them, but not lived there.
Old Jul 8th 2010, 2:12 am
Forum Regular

ok will try that, have tried researching on ourbrisbane , but you dont get peoples opinions, and cant find out what the schools are like on there either, thanks for the reply
Old Jul 8th 2010, 3:09 am
BE Enthusiast

macy is a glorious beacon of lightmacy is a glorious beacon of lightmacy is a glorious beacon of lightmacy is a glorious beacon of lightmacy is a glorious beacon of lightmacy is a glorious beacon of lightmacy is a glorious beacon of lightmacy is a glorious beacon of lightmacy is a glorious beacon of lightmacy is a glorious beacon of lightmacy is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by brissyb
ok will try that, have tried researching on ourbrisbane , but you dont get peoples opinions, and cant find out what the schools are like on there either, thanks for the reply

Hello,

I live in Bald Hills and is a great little suburb (not too bland we are 5 mins from Sandgate and 10 mins from Redcliffe, the houses are affordable and on large plots, not sure on the schools as both kids go to school outside the area but the kids down the street all seem nice and polite, its an up and coming area with a train station and 5 mins from Strathpine Westfield, the neighbours are all great and mostly professionals, Strathpine itself apparently used to have a bad name but these days its on the up. It takes 30 mins to get to the city by train and also has a bus service to Chermside. Umm can't think of anything else but pm me if you like.
Old Jul 8th 2010, 3:49 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Lived in Aspley for a while, just to the south. Nice enough as suburbs go, very quiet and you never saw anyone! Schools up that way usually get a good rep on here. Friends at work live in Fitzgibbon and are very happy there - nice family area apparently. Transport is pretty good as ther are train links and several buses.
Old Jul 8th 2010, 9:20 am
BE Forum Addict

pproehann has much to be proud ofpproehann has much to be proud ofpproehann has much to be proud ofpproehann has much to be proud ofpproehann has much to be proud ofpproehann has much to be proud ofpproehann has much to be proud ofpproehann has much to be proud ofpproehann has much to be proud ofpproehann has much to be proud ofpproehann has much to be proud of
Lightbulb Re: north suburbs of brisbane...accessible to northgate ??

Hi, have decided to rephrase a Thread i put on asking about areas north of brisbane,
need to find out what you all think of the areas of :
Fitzgibbon, Carseldine, Baldhills, Bracken Ridge or areas surrounding ??
also which state schools are recommended in these areas, kids current grades are prep and grade 7, anything or where we should avoid etc, we are currently living in the south side and need to relocate due to hubbys work etc, at northgate , he would be going to work by train....Thanks for any replys
Bald Hills is ok and also worth a look is Petrie as it's only 5 minutes further down the road but has a good few large well established quiet estates both sides of the road as you go up hill towards Dayboro new and old including French's Forest which is technically Kurwongbah I believe.
Old Jul 8th 2010, 9:03 pm
Forum Regular

Hi All,
Thanks for the replies, much appreciated, it's given some idea of the areas, sounds like pretty much every-where hubby can get a train to work, and it all seems to be accessible to shopping areas etc, will let you know how we get on, and where we decide to go for now just need to check out state schools in the area...
Old Jul 8th 2010, 10:28 pm
Where traffic lights rule

themerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond repute

You might want to have a look at the Sandgate area , has a train line but they are not as regular.

Slightly biased because I live in the area

Hi All,
Thanks for the replies, much appreciated, it's given some idea of the areas, sounds like pretty much every-where hubby can get a train to work, and it all seems to be accessible to shopping areas etc, will let you know how we get on, and where we decide to go for now just need to check out state schools in the area...
Old Jul 9th 2010, 12:08 am
Forum Regular

Sandgate is an area my hubby suggested, any good schools there ?? sure i read somewhere it also has a beach... i really do need to google map things more lol, what is in and around the area ??
Old Jul 9th 2010, 12:36 am
BE Forum Addict

pproehann has much to be proud ofpproehann has much to be proud ofpproehann has much to be proud ofpproehann has much to be proud ofpproehann has much to be proud ofpproehann has much to be proud ofpproehann has much to be proud ofpproehann has much to be proud ofpproehann has much to be proud ofpproehann has much to be proud ofpproehann has much to be proud of

Sandgate and Shorncliffe quite an active sea front and has a semi sandy beach and large bay you can walk out on 100 or more metres when tide is out so good for young kids to play on or dog walking.

Sandgate is an area my hubby suggested, any good schools there ?? sure i read somewhere it also has a beach... i really do need to google map things more lol, what is in and around the area ??
Old Jul 9th 2010, 11:00 am
Forum Regular

sounds nice, going up to view a house in fitzgibbon tomorrow, so will have a good drive around everywhere suggested, thanks again all, will let you's know what we think
Old Jul 9th 2010, 12:16 pm
Forum Regular

Iando has a brilliant futureIando has a brilliant futureIando has a brilliant futureIando has a brilliant futureIando has a brilliant futureIando has a brilliant futureIando has a brilliant futureIando has a brilliant future

Of the areas round there definitely Shorncliffe or Sandgate. Other option slightly further is Redcliffe (especially with new bridge opening tomorrow)
Old Jul 9th 2010, 12:22 pm
Forum Regular

not sure we want to be that far up ?? but thanks anyways, will defo check out most of what we can over the weekend though, a friend of ours lived at petrie not a great fan, although the most we probs seen was her tiny unit , but she now lives at scarborough and dont fancy that area either, they are just a little too far north of brisbane than we want to be
Old Jul 9th 2010, 12:23 pm
Forum Regular

Sandgate is probs racing high on the list ??