Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

north or south of the river

north or south of the river

Old Jul 29th 2008, 6:13 pm
Forum Regular

Hodges is an unknown quantity at this point
Default north or south of the river

Hi anyone already living in Perth that can give me an idea on weather north or south of the river is best. I like the idea of north i.e warwick, duncraig but will be travelling to murdoch everyday so dont know if it would be too far to travel by train, anyone communting that can help? Also can bikes be taken on trains?

I think deciding where to live for me is harder than actually getting there???
Old Jul 30th 2008, 5:27 am
BE Enthusiast

mulben has a reputation beyond reputemulben has a reputation beyond reputemulben has a reputation beyond reputemulben has a reputation beyond reputemulben has a reputation beyond reputemulben has a reputation beyond reputemulben has a reputation beyond reputemulben has a reputation beyond reputemulben has a reputation beyond reputemulben has a reputation beyond reputemulben has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: north or south of the river

Originally Posted by Hodges
Hi anyone already living in Perth that can give me an idea on weather north or south of the river is best. I like the idea of north i.e warwick, duncraig but will be travelling to murdoch everyday so dont know if it would be too far to travel by train, anyone communting that can help? Also can bikes be taken on trains?

I think deciding where to live for me is harder than actually getting there???

No real difference north/south in the weather its more east (inland ) and west
(coastal ). The nor is more undulating. sor is just flat (sort of)
If planning to go to Murdoch Uni anywhere close to the rail north or south
will do. ie. Warnbro to Murdoch 30 min by car 25 min by train then a short
walk. There are buses also Murdoch has its own inter campus buses
Rockingham campus to Murdoch-Mon to Fri .I think Peel (Mandurah) is
covered also
Have seen bikes on the train but only during off peak , don't think there would be room during rush hour
Old Jul 30th 2008, 5:32 am
A former regular of BE

worzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: north or south of the river

Bikes are banned on trains in rush hours.