Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

North Lakes Train Station

North Lakes Train Station

Old May 11th 2007, 9:21 am
Forum Regular

cra1gm is an unknown quantity at this point
Default North Lakes Train Station

Anyone know the closest railway station at north lakes with direct route to brizzy? trying to do a search on queensland rail website
Old May 11th 2007, 9:23 am
Forum Regular

hoots nan is just really nicehoots nan is just really nicehoots nan is just really nicehoots nan is just really nicehoots nan is just really nicehoots nan is just really nicehoots nan is just really nicehoots nan is just really nicehoots nan is just really nice
Default Re: North Lakes Train Station

Originally Posted by cra1gm
Anyone know the closest railway station at north lakes with direct route to brizzy? trying to do a search on queensland rail website
I think it would be Petrie station but not sure if it goes directly to the City
Old May 11th 2007, 9:42 am
Where traffic lights rule

themerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond repute

Petrie is a good station with loads of express trains to the city.

Originally Posted by hoots nan
I think it would be Petrie station but not sure if it goes directly to the City
Old May 11th 2007, 10:27 am
Forum Regular

anyone from north lakes whats the travel into brisbane like on train and driving??

we are looking at rentals in north lakes, as we are moving from our south brisbane appartment
Old May 11th 2007, 11:50 am

themerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond repute

About 1 hour in peak if your lucky !

anyone from north lakes whats the travel into brisbane like on train and driving??

we are looking at rentals in north lakes, as we are moving from our south brisbane appartment
Old May 11th 2007, 12:03 pm
We're here and it's fab

Mark & Ali is a name known to allMark & Ali is a name known to allMark & Ali is a name known to allMark & Ali is a name known to allMark & Ali is a name known to allMark & Ali is a name known to allMark & Ali is a name known to allMark & Ali is a name known to allMark & Ali is a name known to allMark & Ali is a name known to allMark & Ali is a name known to all

Petrie station is closest for trains to Brisbane. We live on North Lakes and it takes approx an hour to the city during busy times but about 45 at other times. It's the parking in the city that's the problem
Old May 11th 2007, 12:11 pm
Forum Regular

would you say it was a nightmare the travelling, if you dont mind me asking do you go gympie road way or take the detour to the inner city bp??

im use to travelling coming from bristol and enduring the ring road and m32 / m4 to get to work - 1hr for 10miles!
Old May 11th 2007, 12:13 pm

Just move somewhere decent instead of North Lakes
Old May 11th 2007, 12:28 pm
Anything,Anytime,Anywhere

The Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond repute

would you say it was a nightmare the travelling, if you dont mind me asking do you go gympie road way or take the detour to the inner city bp??

im use to travelling coming from bristol and enduring the ring road and m32 / m4 to get to work - 1hr for 10miles!
To get to the Inner City Bypass you have to travel along Gympie/Lutwyche/Bowen Bridge Rd. To give you an idea, Aspley to Windsor, for me to get to work on an average day (leaving 7.45-50am) takes about 45 minutes.

Last edited by The Bloke; May 11th 2007 at 12:35 pm.
Old May 11th 2007, 12:29 pm
Anything,Anytime,Anywhere

The Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by themerlin
Just move somewhere decent instead of North Lakes
You realise that's a broad statement.
Old May 11th 2007, 12:32 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

what detour?
Old May 11th 2007, 12:35 pm

Why not checkout somewhere like Petrie? It's on the train line, nicer then North lakes and cheaper (due to not having millions pumped into advertising it).

Old May 11th 2007, 12:43 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Pollyana
what detour?
you can either go down the bruce highway and continue along the gympie road through lutwyche and then onto the inner city (taking a left opposite tent world)
or you could hange off a left just before gympie road starts as if you were heading to the airport or gold coast (just as you go over the bridge) and travel along the full lenght of the inner city bypass
Old May 11th 2007, 12:57 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

you can either go down the bruce highway and continue along the gympie road through lutwyche and then onto the inner city (taking a left opposite tent world)
or you could hange off a left just before gympie road starts as if you were heading to the airport or gold coast (just as you go over the bridge) and travel along the full lenght of the inner city bypass
God you've confused me now - I'm guessing you mean coming along Kingsford Smith Drive or down Sandgate Road? and join the bypass there ..... wouldn't say it was a short cut or a detour, just a different route, as they are all as bad as each other in the rush hour. Trouble with Brisbane, esp coming in frim the north, is that all the routes are chockablock, and theres not much alternative. Take this morning, crash on Sandgate Road, Gympie Road was a car park. Nearly an hour to do 12 kms. Other days we've had the opposite - crash just north of us stops the traffic coming down Gympie and we get to work fast, while the overflow uses Sandgate and the ICB from Albion and THAT becomes a car park
Old May 12th 2007, 8:37 am
Forum Regular

Neil & Shell will become famous soon enough

I travel from North Lakes to Stafford every day. The earlier I leave (6am) the longer it takes. I find most days I leave at 6:15am and it takes me a good 45 to 50 minutes to get to Stafford. I go down the highway - Gympie Rd thru to Aspley onto to Stafford. If I leave at 7:45am it takes about 25 mins but then I get hit with the North Lakes school traffic. This means I get stuck getting out of NL for about 15 mins!!! I cannot win

If I was working in the city I would get the express train from Petrie. It takes about 15 mins to drive to the station but parking at the station can be a problem after 7am (busy)

I hope this helps

Thanks
Shell