Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

North lakes or Narangba

North lakes or Narangba

Old Aug 5th 2007, 3:28 pm
BE Enthusiast

dandn has much to be proud ofdandn has much to be proud ofdandn has much to be proud ofdandn has much to be proud ofdandn has much to be proud ofdandn has much to be proud ofdandn has much to be proud ofdandn has much to be proud ofdandn has much to be proud ofdandn has much to be proud ofdandn has much to be proud of
Post North lakes or Narangba

Hi all,
just wondered if their was anyone out there that has lived in either North Lakes or Narangba (Forest Ridge, Norfolk Lakes)?
We've visited both areas on a reccie and liked both places for different reasons (e.g. Good schools at North Lakes, Bigger blocks at Narangba).
We guess it's down to personal choice at the end of the day, but any
'life' experiences in either area would be useful!

We are hoping to buy a plot of land (when the damn house stays sold!, but thats another story :curse and then build on it prior to moving to Brissie.

Many thanks!
Old Aug 5th 2007, 10:03 pm
Got Visa

hopefullybrisbane is just really nicehopefullybrisbane is just really nicehopefullybrisbane is just really nicehopefullybrisbane is just really nicehopefullybrisbane is just really nicehopefullybrisbane is just really nicehopefullybrisbane is just really nicehopefullybrisbane is just really nicehopefullybrisbane is just really nice
Default Re: North lakes or Narangba

I would be interested to hear about these two areas
as well.
Old Aug 6th 2007, 2:35 am
Forum Regular

Eltoro has much to be proud ofEltoro has much to be proud ofEltoro has much to be proud ofEltoro has much to be proud ofEltoro has much to be proud ofEltoro has much to be proud ofEltoro has much to be proud ofEltoro has much to be proud ofEltoro has much to be proud ofEltoro has much to be proud ofEltoro has much to be proud of
Smile Re: North lakes or Narangba

Originally Posted by dandn
Hi all,
just wondered if their was anyone out there that has lived in either North Lakes or Narangba (Forest Ridge, Norfolk Lakes)?
We've visited both areas on a reccie and liked both places for different reasons (e.g. Good schools at North Lakes, Bigger blocks at Narangba).

We are hoping to buy a plot of land (when the damn house stays sold!, but thats another story) and then build on it prior to moving to Brissie.

Many thanks!
Hi,

We've been in North Lakes for 4 months now and are very happy with everything about the area, the Westfield shopping centre extension is on schedule to open in October, so a great shopping centre on our doorstep. Everything else in the area is well planned out, In one building alone, I have my dentist, doctors, optician, hairdresser and beautician and when I raise the willpower, the weightloss centre

My two girls attend North Lakes state college and they love it, both have been made welcome and they settled in quick time. We cycle to and from school every day and on almost a daily basis pass wild Roos at the side of the parklands and golf course, we have also seen just a couple of wild Koala, Sometimes it's very surreal that we actually live in this beautiful area.

The downside...as there is always one, is that land prices have gone through the roof and building is very expensive and very lengthy. We bought a block and now to be honest we just wish we had bought an exisiting home, getting costs from builders is more bother than it's worth, think of a number and triple it :curseapparently uk people are "people with pounds"...enough said!!).
Traffic around school times is very very busy but new roads are planned to help this problem, that's why we cycle, It's just as quick.

If there is anything specific you want to know, just ask or pm me, I'm happy to help.

All the best.
Old Aug 6th 2007, 11:45 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Hundreds of threads on here about North Lakes (and even a couple about Narangba). The search facility should turn up something for you
Old Aug 6th 2007, 10:56 pm
Just Joined

jonest is just really nicejonest is just really nicejonest is just really nicejonest is just really nicejonest is just really nicejonest is just really nicejonest is just really nicejonest is just really nice

Originally Posted by dandn
Hi all,

We are hoping to buy a plot of land (when the damn house stays sold!, but thats another story :curse and then build on it prior to moving to Brissie.

Many thanks!
hi, i live in forest ridge which I really like. it's handy for the highway & has a train station! This is v important when you want a night out in Brisbane. Nice community atmosphere here & not quite as closed in as north lakes. Think you have been given a pretty good idea of what north lakes is like, it's nick named "little britain". very built up but has a lot of great facilities. Good luck.
Old Aug 6th 2007, 11:46 pm
ridiculous avatar

Jimmy Cliff is a glorious beacon of lightJimmy Cliff is a glorious beacon of lightJimmy Cliff is a glorious beacon of lightJimmy Cliff is a glorious beacon of lightJimmy Cliff is a glorious beacon of lightJimmy Cliff is a glorious beacon of lightJimmy Cliff is a glorious beacon of lightJimmy Cliff is a glorious beacon of lightJimmy Cliff is a glorious beacon of lightJimmy Cliff is a glorious beacon of lightJimmy Cliff is a glorious beacon of light

Did you look at Halpine Lake? Opposite North Lakes on the other side of the Anzac, you will not get the traffic in the mornings. Just as close the Facilities at North Lakes. Quieter.

Narangba? I will not impose. Very nice estates though.

I hated the North Lakes thing when we first investigated it. A bit of space was in mind. However, after living there for only 3 weeks knew that to raise a family, it was the most convenient place in the world. Brilliant. We love it.

Vics
Old Aug 7th 2007, 12:09 am
Forum Regular

Eltoro has much to be proud ofEltoro has much to be proud ofEltoro has much to be proud ofEltoro has much to be proud ofEltoro has much to be proud ofEltoro has much to be proud ofEltoro has much to be proud ofEltoro has much to be proud ofEltoro has much to be proud ofEltoro has much to be proud ofEltoro has much to be proud of

Yes have to agree with all that .

I think the blocks in Halpine are also slightly bigger and slightly cheaper aswell. Although they are missing the kids playparks and bbq area's.
Old Aug 7th 2007, 3:25 am
ridiculous avatar

Jimmy Cliff is a glorious beacon of lightJimmy Cliff is a glorious beacon of lightJimmy Cliff is a glorious beacon of lightJimmy Cliff is a glorious beacon of lightJimmy Cliff is a glorious beacon of lightJimmy Cliff is a glorious beacon of lightJimmy Cliff is a glorious beacon of lightJimmy Cliff is a glorious beacon of lightJimmy Cliff is a glorious beacon of lightJimmy Cliff is a glorious beacon of lightJimmy Cliff is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Eltoro
Yes have to agree with all that .

I think the blocks in Halpine are also slightly bigger and slightly cheaper aswell. Although they are missing the kids playparks and bbq area's.
They do have a park round by the new releases, and of course there is the main lake area. There will be more releases there in the future and they are putting in a school too (confirmed), train line is planned (has been for ages though).

Good luck x
Old Aug 7th 2007, 8:05 am
BE Forum Addict

melaniee has much to be proud ofmelaniee has much to be proud ofmelaniee has much to be proud ofmelaniee has much to be proud ofmelaniee has much to be proud ofmelaniee has much to be proud ofmelaniee has much to be proud ofmelaniee has much to be proud ofmelaniee has much to be proud ofmelaniee has much to be proud ofmelaniee has much to be proud of

Is there something wrong with this area ? Just curious as to what you mean by 'I will not impose'
Cheers.

[QUOTE=
Narangba? I will not impose. Very nice estates though.

Vics[/QUOTE]
Old Aug 7th 2007, 8:36 am

annqldau is an unknown quantity at this point
Cool Re: North lakes or Narangba

Originally Posted by melaniee
Is there something wrong with this area ? Just curious as to what you mean by 'I will not impose'
Cheers.
You are talking Chalk and Cheese, North Lakes is a designed community a prettier version of the original UK New Towns of the 50's & 60's all purpose built so that everything is in one place where as Narrangba is a semi rural/country area which is a mix of old established properties on anything from small blocks to 50 +acres rural properties, it also has new estates as well like most places here now as the new estates are being built in almost every village with the exception maybe of Noosa that wants to stay 'special'.

So if you like semi rural Narrangba is good and only 45 mins to centre of Brisbane by car and has train line running through it already and easy access to Sunshine Coast and a little longer travel but still easy to the Goldcoast (North Lakes also has the easy access if not the train line).

So if you want designed community North Lakes if you want less formal more country go for Narrangba but really I would say get here rent and look all over as the house you ultimately like isn't where you planned.
Old Aug 7th 2007, 9:18 am
BE Enthusiast

dandn has much to be proud ofdandn has much to be proud ofdandn has much to be proud ofdandn has much to be proud ofdandn has much to be proud ofdandn has much to be proud ofdandn has much to be proud ofdandn has much to be proud ofdandn has much to be proud ofdandn has much to be proud ofdandn has much to be proud of
Talking Re: North lakes or Narangba

Many thanks to everyone for all the information on both areas.
It's certainly given us 'food for thought!'.....
Old Aug 7th 2007, 9:22 am
ridiculous avatar

Cheers.
Hi Melaniee,

The poster above is spot on really. There is nothing at all 'wrong' with Narangba. I meant that I would not impose my opinion, as that's all it is, my opinion and opinions upset people. It was not what we were after.

Vics x
Old Aug 7th 2007, 9:23 am
BE Forum Addict

melaniee has much to be proud ofmelaniee has much to be proud ofmelaniee has much to be proud ofmelaniee has much to be proud ofmelaniee has much to be proud ofmelaniee has much to be proud ofmelaniee has much to be proud ofmelaniee has much to be proud ofmelaniee has much to be proud ofmelaniee has much to be proud ofmelaniee has much to be proud of

great-thanks for clarifying.

Is there much industry around Narrangba as suggested on earlier threads ?

Originally Posted by annqldau
You are talking Chalk and Cheese, North Lakes is a designed community a prettier version of the original UK New Towns of the 50's & 60's all purpose built so that everything is in one place where as Narrangba is a semi rural/country area which is a mix of old established properties on anything from small blocks to 50 +acres rural properties, it also has new estates as well like most places here now as the new estates are being built in almost every village with the exception maybe of Noosa that wants to stay 'special'.

So if you like semi rural Narrangba is good and only 45 mins to centre of Brisbane by car and has train line running through it already and easy access to Sunshine Coast and a little longer travel but still easy to the Goldcoast (North Lakes also has the easy access if not the train line).

So if you want designed community North Lakes if you want less formal more country go for Narrangba but really I would say get here rent and look all over as the house you ultimately like isn't where you planned.
Old Aug 7th 2007, 9:29 am
ridiculous avatar

There is a small chemical plant as you go in on Sulphur road, Sodium way? I am not sure. But we adored the views of the Glass House Mountains from Narrangba. I would never say that it was industrial.

If I can help any more, please ask x
Old Aug 7th 2007, 9:48 am

annqldau is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Jimmy Cliff
There is a small chemical plant as you go in on Sulphur road, Sodium way? I am not sure. But we adored the views of the Glass House Mountains from Narrangba. I would never say that it was industrial.

If I can help any more, please ask x
The industry is mainly on the Deception Bay side of the highway as is the chemical works the fuss is about so it doesn't really effect Narangba at all. If you look on map it's mainly near Morton Downs part of D'Bay and about 5 miles away from main Narangbah possible even touch further. It's really D'Bays problem but falls on a map in Narangbahs boundary so being sensible people they put it next to D'Bay not in their own back yard.

Views of Glass House Mountains are excellent off Rainbow Road at Narrangbah.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.