Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

north lakes brisbane any advice from people who live there

north lakes brisbane any advice from people who live there

Old Aug 27th 2012, 10:57 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

fish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: north lakes brisbane any advice from people who live there

Originally Posted by futureoz
we are in NSW at moment been here for 3 years, my middle daughter as just turned 18 must be around the same age as your eldest, youngest daughter is 12.
looking forward to the move now warmer climate nearer to the city than where we are now
ive had information off the school so will enroll her when we get there in december how many children do you have ?? we have 3 girls
Just a note that you could probably live closer to the city than North Lakes at the same price if distance is important to you. It is considered a long way away by Brisbane standards which means many affordable closer options will be available as well depending on your other preferences.
Old Aug 27th 2012, 11:04 am
Forum Regular

futureoz is an unknown quantity at this point

How are you finding it, we love Australia, really looking forward to Brisbane
Old Aug 27th 2012, 10:43 pm
BE Forum Addict

Donna&Neil is a splendid one to beholdDonna&Neil is a splendid one to beholdDonna&Neil is a splendid one to beholdDonna&Neil is a splendid one to beholdDonna&Neil is a splendid one to beholdDonna&Neil is a splendid one to beholdDonna&Neil is a splendid one to beholdDonna&Neil is a splendid one to beholdDonna&Neil is a splendid one to beholdDonna&Neil is a splendid one to beholdDonna&Neil is a splendid one to behold

Hi, not been on BE for some time but would like to say we live in NL, been here 4 years now & love it. Ideal for dog walking & we have only found people friendly & considerate. I accept its not everyones cup of tea, so its grand that we all like different things.
We have had no issues with crime and as said previously the area is scheduled to get more shops. cinema, bus station etc.

Donna
Old Aug 28th 2012, 12:32 am
Forum Regular

thanks donna we are looking forward to it dont really want to be to close to city, hubby happy to commute to work even though it 26 km away, we live in nsw at moment looking forward to Queensland
Old Aug 28th 2012, 1:11 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

fish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by futureoz
thanks donna we are looking forward to it dont really want to be to close to city, hubby happy to commute to work even though it 26 km away, we live in nsw at moment looking forward to Queensland
I'm not sure if you're in Sydney but just so you know Brisbane is far more low density suburban right up close to the city than Sydney is. You're more likely to get bigger blocks, less traffic and more space between houses closer to the city than you are at North Lakes due to North Lakes developing later when the size of blocks had been significantly reduced. You may still prefer North Lakes just wanted to let you know as many mistakenly think you always get more family friendly suburban space as you go further out...not always the case. It wouldn't be unusual for people 8km out to have bigger back yards than those 26km out.

Last edited by fish.01; Aug 28th 2012 at 1:19 am.
Old Aug 28th 2012, 1:20 am
BE Forum Addict

Donna&Neil is a splendid one to beholdDonna&Neil is a splendid one to beholdDonna&Neil is a splendid one to beholdDonna&Neil is a splendid one to beholdDonna&Neil is a splendid one to beholdDonna&Neil is a splendid one to beholdDonna&Neil is a splendid one to beholdDonna&Neil is a splendid one to beholdDonna&Neil is a splendid one to beholdDonna&Neil is a splendid one to beholdDonna&Neil is a splendid one to behold

Hi guess for us regarding the commute its not the distance but the time that we travel. We both work shifts & therefore this allows us to be on the road out with the 'peak time', however I will say we would not choose to live in NL if this was not the case.

Donna
Old Aug 28th 2012, 1:24 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Kim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by fish.01
I'm not sure if you're in Sydney but just so you know Brisbane is far more low density suburban right up close to the city than Sydney is. You're more likely to get bigger blocks, less traffic and more space between houses closer to the city than you are at North Lakes due to North Lakes developing later when the size of blocks had been significantly reduced. You may still prefer North Lakes just wanted to let you know as many mistakenly think you always get more family friendly suburban space as you go further out...not always the case. It wouldn't be unusual for people 8km out to have bigger back yards than those 26km out.
Yep, we live 6km from the city and visitors are always commenting on the size of our backyard - the good old inner city 809m2 block.
Old Aug 28th 2012, 1:34 am
Forum Regular

hi all we are only renting when we get to north lakes plan on buying a property by the end of next year, we are a 3 hour drive from sydney in a mining town, would like a big yard will look into that when we buy thanks for the info
Old Aug 28th 2012, 3:48 am
BE Enthusiast

johnknight001 is a name known to alljohnknight001 is a name known to alljohnknight001 is a name known to alljohnknight001 is a name known to alljohnknight001 is a name known to alljohnknight001 is a name known to alljohnknight001 is a name known to alljohnknight001 is a name known to alljohnknight001 is a name known to alljohnknight001 is a name known to alljohnknight001 is a name known to all

other points to remember our the suburbs around northlakes, mango hill, murrumba downs, griffin, narangba (train line) dakabin, the list goes on, all have access to the shops ect, as said before the area is going to get huge, with loads of retail coming in, the only issue i have is with the access through northlakes, the drive can be a pain, roundabouts r us, loads of em, it can feel like a rabit warren at times. as for crime its pretty low rate, the odd burglury and vandalism, listen to the news at night and all you here about is south side problems, anyway good luck.
Old Aug 28th 2012, 3:54 am
Forum Regular

thanks johnny
we will be looking around once we move in to north lakes, then buying later in the year
Old Aug 28th 2012, 10:48 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Kim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by johnknight001
other points to remember our the suburbs around northlakes, mango hill, murrumba downs, griffin, narangba (train line) dakabin, the list goes on, all have access to the shops ect, as said before the area is going to get huge, with loads of retail coming in, the only issue i have is with the access through northlakes, the drive can be a pain, roundabouts r us, loads of em, it can feel like a rabit warren at times. as for crime its pretty low rate, the odd burglury and vandalism, listen to the news at night and all you here about is south side problems, anyway good luck.
Since the second exit off the freeway has been connected to the northern end of North Lakes it's much faster to get in and out of, but yes the traffic to and from the city can be a nightmare.
Old Aug 28th 2012, 11:19 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Here's the crime stats per 100,000 people...looking at them I think southsiders may have something to say about your comment

See Metropolitan North vs Metropolitan South:
http://www.police.qld.gov.au/Resourc...omparisons.pdf
Old Aug 28th 2012, 11:33 am
BE Enthusiast

johnknight001 is a name known to alljohnknight001 is a name known to alljohnknight001 is a name known to alljohnknight001 is a name known to alljohnknight001 is a name known to alljohnknight001 is a name known to alljohnknight001 is a name known to alljohnknight001 is a name known to alljohnknight001 is a name known to alljohnknight001 is a name known to alljohnknight001 is a name known to all

Here's the crime stats per 100,000 people...looking at them I think southsiders may have something to say about your comment

See Metropolitan North vs Metropolitan South:
http://www.police.qld.gov.au/Resourc...omparisons.pdf
you can keep your stats matey, i live and work in the area, crime in aus alsways sounds worse in my opinion, i watched the news in brissy tonight and they banged on about a bloke in sydney getting glassed last night, back in blighty you wouldnt here about that sort of crap due to it happenin almost all over on a daily basis. as for crime all i hear about is ram raiding south side and armed burglary, now i do realise there is crime north side however i feel its not as bad as south side.
Old Aug 28th 2012, 11:41 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

you can keep your stats matey, i live and work in the area, crime in aus alsways sounds worse in my opinion, i watched the news in brissy tonight and they banged on about a bloke in sydney getting glassed last night, back in blighty you wouldnt here about that sort of crap due to it happenin almost all over on a daily basis. as for crime all i hear about is ram raiding south side and armed burglary, now i do realise there is crime north side however i feel its not as bad as south side.
I live on the north side but unfortunately for me I'm more of stats man than a tv news intuition man so I admit defeat on behalf of all northsiders
Old Aug 28th 2012, 8:16 pm
BE Enthusiast

I live on the north side but unfortunately for me I'm more of stats man than a tv news intuition man so I admit defeat on behalf of all northsiders
hmm are you telling me the news may not be 100% acurate,,,,,, you will be telling me next that cambell newman is actually doing a good job.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.