Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

North Lakes area ++ North of Brisbane

North Lakes area ++ North of Brisbane

Old Aug 16th 2006, 11:21 pm
D&W
Forum Regular

D&W is a jewel in the roughD&W is a jewel in the roughD&W is a jewel in the roughD&W is a jewel in the rough
Question North Lakes area ++ North of Brisbane

Hi,

The waiting is over and we are now finally ready to move from Auckland to Brisbane in the next couple of weeks. We are planning to buy a house and land package in the North Lakes area north of Brisbane. Can anybody who is already living in the area advice us, whether the new houses have Natural Gas in the street. We have a great heater and are not too sure if it would make sense to bring it over.

Many thanks,

Diana
Old Aug 17th 2006, 3:35 am
Anything,Anytime,Anywhere

The Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: North Lakes area ++ North of Brisbane

Originally Posted by D&W
Hi,

The waiting is over and we are now finally ready to move from Auckland to Brisbane in the next couple of weeks. We are planning to buy a house and land package in the North Lakes area north of Brisbane. Can anybody who is already living in the area advice us, whether the new houses have Natural Gas in the street. We have a great heater and are not too sure if it would make sense to bring it over.

Many thanks,

Diana

Pretty sure you got choice of electricity and electricity. In any case, it would have to be compliant with Queensland safety regulations before it can be installed.

Tried contacting Delfin who developed the place?

Last edited by The Bloke; Aug 17th 2006 at 3:40 am.
Old Aug 17th 2006, 4:00 am
Made the move -

Fiona&malc has a reputation beyond reputeFiona&malc has a reputation beyond reputeFiona&malc has a reputation beyond reputeFiona&malc has a reputation beyond reputeFiona&malc has a reputation beyond reputeFiona&malc has a reputation beyond reputeFiona&malc has a reputation beyond reputeFiona&malc has a reputation beyond reputeFiona&malc has a reputation beyond reputeFiona&malc has a reputation beyond reputeFiona&malc has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by D&W
Hi,

Many thanks,

Diana

You should get in touch with Donna and Malky (Madsad) they live up there and have just bought a house in North lakes, im sure they could help you out
Old Aug 17th 2006, 4:36 am
NorthLakes, Brissy

wargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by D&W
Hi,

Many thanks,

Diana
I am living there at the moment, when i go home tonight i will have a look
Old Aug 17th 2006, 5:46 am

madsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Fiona&malc
You should get in touch with Donna and Malky (Madsad) they live up there and have just bought a house in North lakes, im sure they could help you out

Lol!! Im not even sure if we have gas in the new house will need to check,thats how clued up i am !!

Donna.
Old Aug 17th 2006, 7:03 am
Here At Last!!

frogboy is just really nicefrogboy is just really nicefrogboy is just really nicefrogboy is just really nicefrogboy is just really nicefrogboy is just really nicefrogboy is just really nicefrogboy is just really nicefrogboy is just really nicefrogboy is just really nicefrogboy is just really nice

When I was in the NLs last, we got the usual literature and brochures and one of them was all about natural gas being available in the NL area.

We have the shippers in tomorrow and hope to be out in NL at the start of Oct, good luck with your move and maybe see you in October.

cheers
Old Aug 17th 2006, 10:10 pm
BE Enthusiast

BillnLinz has a spectacular aura aboutBillnLinz has a spectacular aura aboutBillnLinz has a spectacular aura about

We live in the Shearwater part of North Lakes, we have 'piped' gas here, it is used to heat the water, shouldn't think you will have a problem.

My mates just built on the next estate down and they have gas also.

Phone Stockland to make sure though first.
Old Aug 19th 2006, 7:46 am
D&W
Forum Regular

D&W is a jewel in the roughD&W is a jewel in the roughD&W is a jewel in the roughD&W is a jewel in the rough

I just wanna thank you for letting me know. I think we will bring the heater....and if we can't use it we still can sell it on ebay...
Old Aug 19th 2006, 9:10 pm
Anything,Anytime,Anywhere

The Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by frogboy
When I was in the NLs last, we got the usual literature and brochures and one of them was all about natural gas being available in the NL area.

cheers
I stand corrected.