North Lakes

Old Oct 31st 2007, 3:13 pm
Forum Regular

Fiona67 is on a distinguished road
Default North Lakes

Hi can anyone tell me how close North Lakes would be to redcliffe hospital, or any other good areas within close range of the hospital.
Thanks
Old Oct 31st 2007, 6:28 pm
Forum Regular

theshinenz has a brilliant futuretheshinenz has a brilliant futuretheshinenz has a brilliant futuretheshinenz has a brilliant futuretheshinenz has a brilliant futuretheshinenz has a brilliant future
Default Re: North Lakes

Originally Posted by Fiona67
Hi can anyone tell me how close North Lakes would be to redcliffe hospital, or any other good areas within close range of the hospital.
Thanks

Hi there, I find this site very useful for calculating the distances between suburbs:

http://www.racq.com.au/cps/rde/xchg/...r_ENA_HTML.htm
Old Oct 31st 2007, 6:40 pm
Forum Regular

Thanks for that it was a great help
Old Oct 31st 2007, 7:23 pm
Banned

Timber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks

At a wild guess, about 20k
Old Nov 1st 2007, 12:43 am
Unspoilt by progress.....

The Woodcutter has much to be proud ofThe Woodcutter has much to be proud ofThe Woodcutter has much to be proud ofThe Woodcutter has much to be proud ofThe Woodcutter has much to be proud ofThe Woodcutter has much to be proud ofThe Woodcutter has much to be proud ofThe Woodcutter has much to be proud ofThe Woodcutter has much to be proud ofThe Woodcutter has much to be proud ofThe Woodcutter has much to be proud of

Thanks
If you are talking about commutable distance it will depend on what time you commute. During rush hour: 15 - 20 minutes to leave North Lakes estate, 15 - 30 minutes to get to the hospital.
Off peak time with little traffic - 15 minutes.
There will be nearly 25,000 people living in North Lakes when it is finished,(That is some housing estate!!), with only two parallel roads controlled by traffic lights accessing it.
Old Nov 1st 2007, 7:27 am

FluffyTheCampfireSlayer is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks
About 15 minutes off peak......however, there is nothing 'good' about NL's!!! Its the absolute pits in my opinion - many will agree with me!!! If you like living in your neighbours backyard then go for it!

Come and live in Redcliffe - we do, it's fantastic! Oh, and you can walk to the hospital in 5 minutes from ours! In fact, I can see it from our balcony!
Old Nov 1st 2007, 8:27 am
Banned

Timber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by FluffyTheCampfireSlayer
About 15 minutes off peak......however, there is nothing 'good' about NL's!!! Its the absolute pits in my opinion - many will agree with me!!! If you like living in your neighbours backyard then go for it!

Come and live in Redcliffe - we do, it's fantastic! Oh, and you can walk to the hospital in 5 minutes from ours! In fact, I can see it from our balcony!
pmsl... the Milton Keynes of Australia
Old Nov 1st 2007, 9:22 am
Forum Regular

Thanks for all your reply's, must admit redcliffe does look nice, but its difficult to tell from web pages. Not easy trying to find the right areas when your not over there. Does redcliffe have lots for kids aged around 12 and 10 and whats the schooling like?
Old Nov 1st 2007, 9:30 am
Banned

Thanks for all your reply's, must admit redcliffe does look nice, but its difficult to tell from web pages. Not easy trying to find the right areas when your not over there. Does redcliffe have lots for kids aged around 12 and 10 and whats the schooling like?
more importantly how deep are your POCKETS

Redcliffe is a very affluent area
Old Nov 1st 2007, 9:35 am
Forum Regular

That could be the end of that idea then
Old Nov 1st 2007, 9:51 am
Banned

That could be the end of that idea then
lol good answer.. it is very expensive there.

BUT DEPENDS ON WHAT YOU WANT...

Average house price in North Lakes is circa 400k.. and rising..

Id imagine redcliffe, would be higher, no doubt others can be more specific..
Old Nov 1st 2007, 10:18 am
So far so good

benjill is an unknown quantity at this point

On the whole northlakes would be more expensive than redcliffe. We live in Clontarf beach in Redcliffe, which can be less expensive than the canals of Scarborough in Redcliffe, we love it we can walk to the beach if we can get the kids off the PC .
we didn't like the look of Northlakes ( if you got drunk at the pub and a bit confused on the way home you could be lost forever)
Its also a big comunity of cockney rejects If you want to come over here and live with pom's then it would suit you
Northlakes is really good for shopping, they've just opened another section of the shopping centre and it's only 15 mins down the road from us, Redcliffe's not bad but there's not a great deal of choice, I suppose the beaches and footpaths/ bikepaths more than make up for that!!!!There's a good choice of state and private schools and most Aussies I've met are really friendly and helpful (I just couldn't get over all the tatooes when we first arrived)
Old Nov 1st 2007, 10:56 am
Banned

Originally Posted by benjill
On the whole northlakes would be more expensive than redcliffe. We live in Clontarf beach in Redcliffe, which can be less expensive than the canals of Scarborough in Redcliffe, we love it we can walk to the beach if we can get the kids off the PC .
we didn't like the look of Northlakes ( if you got drunk at the pub and a bit confused on the way home you could be lost forever)
Its also a big comunity of cockney rejects If you want to come over here and live with pom's then it would suit you
Northlakes is really good for shopping, they've just opened another section of the shopping centre and it's only 15 mins down the road from us, Redcliffe's not bad but there's not a great deal of choice, I suppose the beaches and footpaths/ bikepaths more than make up for that!!!!There's a good choice of state and private schools and most Aussies I've met are really friendly and helpful (I just couldn't get over all the tatooes when we first arrived)
pmal , and thats just the KIDS wiv the TATS !!

Kipparing is nice.. worked there often..

Northlakes just opened another 100 shops up... sons been and dented his piggy bank already !
Old Nov 1st 2007, 12:10 pm
So far so good

benjill is an unknown quantity at this point

It's really hard to get the feel of a place when you've never physically been there, plus it's hardly ever like you imagine it to be, just got to do as much research as you can and give yourself time when you get over here.Rentals are like rocking horse shit and sometimes you've just got to take whats on offer before you find what you really want.I didn' t like the part of Kippa ring that we were in so we moved out of the rental early and bought in Clontarf( had to pay rent and mortgage for a while) but it beat living next door to a family of anti social banjo players
Old Nov 1st 2007, 12:12 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by benjill
It's really hard to get the feel of a place when you've never physically been there, plus it's hardly ever like you imagine it to be, just got to do as much research as you can and give yourself time when you get over here.Rentals are like rocking horse shit and sometimes you've just got to take whats on offer before you find what you really want.I didn' t like the part of Kippa ring that we were in so we moved out of the rental early and bought in Clontarf( had to pay rent and mortgage for a while) but it beat living next door to a family of anti social banjo players
are they from DEVON? pmsl

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.