Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

North of Brisbane Carpenters

North of Brisbane Carpenters

Old Nov 11th 2007, 9:12 pm
Forum Regular

rodandhayley has a reputation beyond reputerodandhayley has a reputation beyond reputerodandhayley has a reputation beyond reputerodandhayley has a reputation beyond reputerodandhayley has a reputation beyond reputerodandhayley has a reputation beyond reputerodandhayley has a reputation beyond reputerodandhayley has a reputation beyond reputerodandhayley has a reputation beyond reputerodandhayley has a reputation beyond reputerodandhayley has a reputation beyond repute
Default North of Brisbane Carpenters

Are there any carpenters interested in forming a gang?

Most builders/subbies are looking for a gang ideal 2 plus an apprentice
Im looking for someone to form a gang or join up with one
You would need to be experienced in all types of new build carpentry uk or oz
fast and neat
fit out and framing, good with trusses would be great as some oz roofs are quite involved
I have 22 years of carpentry experience (42 years old)
a bit of experience as an employer in the last 10 years (uk)
this is not a job offer and not guaranteed to find work but we stand a better chance of getting the better work as a team
I try to avoid hour rate if I can as much more money to be made on contract
If this sounds like you get in touch
was think 50/50 spit of course
you would need full tools and transport
If you have a qbsa license thats a massive bonus mine should be with me before xmas
I live at north lakes at the moment

Regards ROD REED
Old Nov 12th 2007, 7:51 am
Forum Regular

rodandhayley has a reputation beyond reputerodandhayley has a reputation beyond reputerodandhayley has a reputation beyond reputerodandhayley has a reputation beyond reputerodandhayley has a reputation beyond reputerodandhayley has a reputation beyond reputerodandhayley has a reputation beyond reputerodandhayley has a reputation beyond reputerodandhayley has a reputation beyond reputerodandhayley has a reputation beyond reputerodandhayley has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: North of Brisbane Carpenters

back up for evening
Old Nov 12th 2007, 8:07 am
Banned

Timber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond repute

Cant help... but we will be looking for a chippie ( 2 n 1 gang early next year to mid year )

Frame a new build , in Beachmere.. If your interested and have work we can view, would like to keep in touch.

May have some contacts forya too

Steve
Old Nov 12th 2007, 8:10 am
Forum Regular

sarahlou is a name known to allsarahlou is a name known to allsarahlou is a name known to allsarahlou is a name known to allsarahlou is a name known to allsarahlou is a name known to allsarahlou is a name known to allsarahlou is a name known to allsarahlou is a name known to allsarahlou is a name known to allsarahlou is a name known to all

Originally Posted by rodandhayley

fast and neat
fit out and framing, good with trusses would be great as some oz roofs are quite involved
this is not a job offer and not guaranteed to find work but we stand a better chance of getting the better work as a team
If you have a qbsa license thats a massive bonus mine should be with me before xmas

Regards ROD REED
Hi rod,
im replying on behalf of OH as he is at work,but we are arriving on Jan 5th on Broadbeach as we have booked a 3 wk rental there but from there we are going to travel and down to where ever there is work,we have friends living in North Lakes,
OH is currently a self-employed builder/carpenter that covers all aspects of carpentry and build ect,25 yrs experience and never had to advertise so that speaks for itself, but if your still interested in Jan then give us a shout !
sarah
Old Nov 15th 2007, 10:06 am
Forum Regular

Guys you have pm`s
Old Nov 15th 2007, 10:38 am
BE Enthusiast

windog is a splendid one to beholdwindog is a splendid one to beholdwindog is a splendid one to beholdwindog is a splendid one to beholdwindog is a splendid one to beholdwindog is a splendid one to beholdwindog is a splendid one to beholdwindog is a splendid one to beholdwindog is a splendid one to beholdwindog is a splendid one to beholdwindog is a splendid one to behold

well, no help to the OP but, to stretch a "chippies post" I'm looking for any other chippies even further north FNQ...(I am in Cairns!) anyone this far North interested in contact?
Old Nov 16th 2007, 11:15 am
Forum Regular

SBOZ is just really niceSBOZ is just really niceSBOZ is just really niceSBOZ is just really niceSBOZ is just really niceSBOZ is just really niceSBOZ is just really niceSBOZ is just really niceSBOZ is just really nice

Same here.but on the Sunny Coast turning down work daily as I've no one who I trust, to complete
Old Nov 16th 2007, 11:15 am
Forum Regular

SBOZ is just really niceSBOZ is just really niceSBOZ is just really niceSBOZ is just really niceSBOZ is just really niceSBOZ is just really niceSBOZ is just really niceSBOZ is just really niceSBOZ is just really nice

Same here....but on the Sunny Coast turning down work daily as I've no one who I trust, to complete
Old Nov 16th 2007, 5:38 pm
Just Joined

doughnutz will become famous soon enough

fast and neat

Regards ROD REED
Hiya' Rod buddy

Just read you're last post about starting you're own gang and am very interested. My girlfriend and I arrive in Brisbane on January the 29th and will need to find work ASAP. I've been a Carpenter/General Builder for aproximately 7 years now and have recently gone back to college to gain my City and Guilds Qualification in Carpentry. If you can helpl me out in any way buddy I would be very grateful

All the best mate

Duncan and Lubica
Old Nov 16th 2007, 6:31 pm
BE Enthusiast

LoneRanger is a glorious beacon of lightLoneRanger is a glorious beacon of lightLoneRanger is a glorious beacon of lightLoneRanger is a glorious beacon of lightLoneRanger is a glorious beacon of lightLoneRanger is a glorious beacon of lightLoneRanger is a glorious beacon of lightLoneRanger is a glorious beacon of lightLoneRanger is a glorious beacon of lightLoneRanger is a glorious beacon of lightLoneRanger is a glorious beacon of light

fast and neat

Regards ROD REED
Hi Rod

I think your idea of forming a 'gang' is a good one and like yourself I am a Carpenter and will be coming to Brisbane in June / July 2008 and hoping to settle Northside and would be interested in your idea.

I have an almost identical working career to yourself and like working on 'Price' rather than hourly rate, I am experienced in all aspects of the trade and 45 years old. I have been self employed for over 20 years and likewise been an employer.

I hope you get sorted out with a 'Good Mate' and if not I will give you a shout when I come over!

Good luck

Lone Ranger
Old Nov 17th 2007, 8:28 am
Forum Regular

sarahlou is a name known to allsarahlou is a name known to allsarahlou is a name known to allsarahlou is a name known to allsarahlou is a name known to allsarahlou is a name known to allsarahlou is a name known to allsarahlou is a name known to allsarahlou is a name known to allsarahlou is a name known to allsarahlou is a name known to all

Originally Posted by SBOZ
Same here.but on the Sunny Coast turning down work daily as I've no one who I trust, to complete
would late January be to late,we are going Goldcoast/brisbane and sunshine coast to see if there is plenty of work and affordable housing,Pacific Pines was first on our list but the sunshine area keeps coming up as well ticking all boxes,we so far have got a few contacts in each area to see if work is available on arrival so would we be able to add you to the list and maybe get in contact nearer the time,

mike
(sarahlou's OH, im logged in on her name))