Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Is it normaly to have such negative emotions on the cusp of moving?

Wikiposts

Is it normaly to have such negative emotions on the cusp of moving?

Old Jan 21st 2006, 7:00 am

Margaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud of
Default Re: Is it normaly to have such negative emotions on the cusp of moving?

Originally Posted by Anne4Terry
p.s.

Please don't see this thread as a karma plea, IT IS NOT. If I want karma I am quite happy to just come out and ask for it I just really needed to offload. And I do genuinely want to know if it is something that other migrants have gone through.

Hi, me again, have been reading your replies, it seems we all have the same feelings, and doubts, so it must be a natural process of the emmigration rollarcoaster.

P.s wasn't at pub, am just tanking the wine at home
Old Jan 21st 2006, 7:56 am
On the Dark Side :-)

Mrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond repute

OMG it is so good to hear that someone else feels the same (sorry!). We actually delayed the move for a few months because I got myself into such a state. I had constant anxiety which turned into panic for a few months - horrible horrible horrible! I am now back on track and looking forward to the move in 9 weeks. I usually thrive on stress - been through 6 miscarriages which I coped well with - but I think this was the straw that broke the camels back! Just get me there now is what I say and let me start living my new life!!

It will get better - I bloody hope so anyway!! LOL
Old Jan 21st 2006, 8:25 am
BE Forum Addict

SarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond repute

Hiya Anne..... well, I felt the same way you did too.... it was pretty awful. You WILL be ok and you WILL get through it all.

I had lists too which seemed enormous... I had a list for "Things to do before leaving UK" and another for "Things to do when getting to NZ"..... with the UK list all I did was make sure I did at least ONE thing every day from the list....I was able to cross them off and it reduced the stress, specially when I went to bed and my mind was working overtime.... I could think, at least I did that or this today...one more thing off my list. It worked for me anyway, and I'm a complete worrier!!

You are at a kinda "inbetween" stage, or limbo land, not here properly and not there either..... just enjoy your time left.... and try to look forward to your new life ahead....the next few weeks will go so quick.

Good luck!!

SarahB