Is this normal?

Old Feb 9th 2006, 11:19 pm

Cheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond repute
Unhappy Is this normal?

Ive just finished gathering the info for our visa application and was appalled to find myself checking and rechecking the 47sk and form 80.

I cannot believe how many times I have tidied it, checked it and even reprinted the odd sheet out.

Bloody hell, has anyone else been nervous over their main application forms?

I cant wait for the courier to come on Monday, yes I am terrified they will lose my 'baby' and it find its way over to Canada or something equally in the opposite direction.

Suddenly MY parcel seems to be the ONLY parcel that is going to make its merry way to The Lombard. I know its not, but it feels like it.

Tell me it gets better.
Old Feb 9th 2006, 11:23 pm
She's Diddy, He's Not

diddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Is this normal?

Originally Posted by Professional Princess
Ive just finished gathering the info for our visa application and was appalled to find myself checking and rechecking the 47sk and form 80.

I cannot believe how many times I have tidied it, checked it and even reprinted the odd sheet out.

I cant wait for the courier to come on Monday, yes I am terrified they will lose my 'baby' and it find its way over to Canada or something equally in the opposite direction.

Suddenly MY parcel seems to be the ONLY parcel that is going to make its merry way to The Lombard. I know its not, but it feels like it.

Tell me it gets better.
Yep that's normal. Make sure you get copies of everything too.

Paul.
Old Feb 9th 2006, 11:27 pm

Cheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by diddy
Yep that's normal. Make sure you get copies of everything too.

Paul.

Well I have the 47sk and 80 on my hard drive all completed.

I have the original copies of everything I have sent, statements, everything.

Except for the judiciary cert (police check for hubbys country) which it needs to be an original but that was easy to get anyway.

I have a complete 'originals' folder and a happy and willing solicitor that quickly certifies docs for me as and when I need them. I did 14 pages yesterday for a tenner.

Oh well Paul, I nearly opened the envelope again but there is no point. I have checked and no doubt if there is a problem, George Lombard will tell me and it will be sorted.

Thanks anyway.
Old Feb 9th 2006, 11:57 pm
Scottish Aussie ©

Scossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond repute

Tell me it gets better.
I remember when we sent in our main application, I had everything in and indexed folder, and then in a padded envelope.
I checked everything in the folder about 10 times, then put it in the envelope, (didn't seal it down).
About an hour later I had the folder out of the envelope and was checking everything again!!

This disturbing pattern of behavior repeated itself about another 5 times before I eventually went to bed.

Got up in the morning and checked it all again!

Then printed out the address for the envelope in HUGE BOLD print, and stuck it on with about half a roll of tape!

Eventually plucked up the courage to seal the envelope, then we both took it round to the post office under armed guard!

I asked the person in the post office to send it using the, "Ridiculously Outstandingly Secure Parcel Service" and off it went.

18 months later, (without hearing a word from DIMIA in between) we got a letter informing us that our visas had been granted.

So to answer you original question Sam......

Yup, you bet it's normal.

I think everyone does it!

Good luck....
Old Feb 10th 2006, 12:30 am
Made the move -

Fiona&malc has a reputation beyond reputeFiona&malc has a reputation beyond reputeFiona&malc has a reputation beyond reputeFiona&malc has a reputation beyond reputeFiona&malc has a reputation beyond reputeFiona&malc has a reputation beyond reputeFiona&malc has a reputation beyond reputeFiona&malc has a reputation beyond reputeFiona&malc has a reputation beyond reputeFiona&malc has a reputation beyond reputeFiona&malc has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Scossie
I remember when we sent in our main application, I had everything in and indexed folder, and then in a padded envelope.
I checked everything in the folder about 10 times, then put it in the envelope, (didn't seal it down).
About an hour later I had the folder out of the envelope and was checking everything again!!

This disturbing pattern of behavior repeated itself about another 5 times before I eventually went to bed.

Got up in the morning and checked it all again!

Then printed out the address for the envelope in HUGE BOLD print, and stuck it on with about half a roll of tape!

Eventually plucked up the courage to seal the envelope, then we both took it round to the post office under armed guard!

I asked the person in the post office to send it using the, "Ridiculously Outstandingly Secure Parcel Service" and off it went.

18 months later, (without hearing a word from DIMIA in between) we got a letter informing us that our visas had been granted.

So to answer you original question Sam......

Yup, you bet it's normal.

I think everyone does it!

Good luck....

LOL I couldnt help laughing when i read your post, its funny how the whole immigration thing turns us all into the obsessive compulsive maniacs !!! I did the exactly the same thing when ours was sent, checked, rechecked, checked again, and so it went on....

Sam, get it off in the post, your application will be absolutley fine, and you'll be posting your I GOT IT post very soon (i can feel it in me bones )
Old Feb 10th 2006, 1:02 am
(It's not my real name)

renth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond repute

I didn't dare trust my application to the post office. I took it myself to hand it in to Australia House. I don't know if you can do this anymore. In fact, it goes to Adelaide these days doesn't it?

I decided that if anyone tried to mug me I was going to fight to the death rather than hand over the completed application pack.
Old Feb 10th 2006, 2:02 am

biggy is an unknown quantity at this point

Tell me it gets better.
No its not normal u fruit loop.......get a grip wummin
Old Feb 10th 2006, 6:24 am
Australia's Doorman

Hutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by renth
I didn't dare trust my application to the post office. I took it myself to hand it in to Australia House. I don't know if you can do this anymore. In fact, it goes to Adelaide these days doesn't it?

I decided that if anyone tried to mug me I was going to fight to the death rather than hand over the completed application pack.
Yea, you're right - due to the 'war on terror', you're not allowed to take the parcel in yourself, but instead see that a bloke in crash helmet, leathers and an FM communications device delivers it for you. I was gutted - wanted to take the wife's spouse visa up personally - instead it was entrusted to the Royal Mail who, despite all my misgivings, managed to deliver this one crucial package, correctly.
Old Feb 10th 2006, 6:35 am
Account Closed

CasG is an unknown quantity at this point

Course it's normal.....you are planning one of the biggest events in your life - and then putting it all in the hands of strangers

Check, check...then check again !
Old Feb 10th 2006, 7:14 am
NorthLakes, Brissy

wargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond repute

To be honest it gets worse too - the next phase is a nervous tick in the left eye, quickly followed by voices in the head then sleepless nights; nightmares follow in the nights that you actually can sleep but you wake up screaming at your PC to deliver the email. All the while the voices are telling you to eat chocolate (nasty).

Alcohol is the only cure
Old Feb 10th 2006, 8:38 am
Happy Member

kris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by wargod
To be honest it gets worse too - the next phase is a nervous tick in the left eye, quickly followed by voices in the head then sleepless nights; nightmares follow in the nights that you actually can sleep but you wake up screaming at your PC to deliver the email. All the while the voices are telling you to eat chocolate (nasty).

Alcohol is the only cure

PMSL

Completley normal the worse thing for me was the amount of times I checked id spelt the kids names right!!!!

I must have written the address about a 1000 times just in case it wasnt clear enough!!! Omg its bloody traumatic !!

Good Luck sam

kris xx
Old Feb 10th 2006, 1:17 pm

Well today I took my parcel to the post office to be weighed and I am proud to say its a healthy boy weighing 674grams.

Clutching it tightly I go back home and then have one of those 'Oh shit' moments, you know the ones where you go all pale?

I remember being told last year, that DHL who we are using via Interparcel, do not like their documents/parcels sealed.

The driver likes to check its nice and safe and its nothing dodgy, it is then sealed and taken.

Phoned Interparcel up just now hoping that I was mistaken and it was a senior moment I had.

Nope, DHL still dont like things to be sealed.

So on their advice, I must go out tomorrow morning and buy another B5 Jiffy envelope and put my treasures in it but not seal it.

And then book the courier for Monday.

I thought by sealing it, it would seal in the DIMIA goodness which of course, was mixed in with my photographs and some good luck. A priceless pie worthy of Jamie Olivers opinion.

But no, sealing is bad so I shall book courier tomorrow.

The post office bloke asked me if I wanted it sent by 'Royal Mail signed for' and I said 'Oh no, no way no never' and protected my parcel.

Laughing his head off as I checked, rechecked and checked again the weight of it, he said 'Put it on the scales again, go on one more time'

It was still the same weight.

Now I have to rip open the parcel which is one of those tough bastard jiffy bags they recommend using.

I shall check them once more.

Bloody hell.

Im off to a concert later, that will take my mind off it.
Old Feb 10th 2006, 1:20 pm
Account Closed

TruBrit is an unknown quantity at this point

Well today I took my parcel to the post office to be weighed and I am proud to say its a healthy boy weighing 674grams.

Clutching it tightly I go back home and then have one of those 'Oh shit' moments, you know the ones where you go all pale?

I remember being told last year, that DHL who we are using via Interparcel, do not like their documents/parcels sealed.

The driver likes to check its nice and safe and its nothing dodgy, it is then sealed and taken.

Phoned Interparcel up just now hoping that I was mistaken and it was a senior moment I had.

Nope, DHL still dont like things to be sealed.

So on their advice, I must go out tomorrow morning and buy another B5 Jiffy envelope and put my treasures in it but not seal it.

And then book the courier for Monday.

I thought by sealing it, it would seal in the DIMIA goodness which of course, was mixed in with my photographs and some good luck. A priceless pie worthy of Jamie Olivers opinion.

But no, sealing is bad so I shall book courier tomorrow.

The post office bloke asked me if I wanted it sent by 'Royal Mail signed for' and I said 'Oh no, no way no never' and protected my parcel.

Laughing his head off as I checked, rechecked and checked again the weight of it, he said 'Put it on the scales again, go on one more time'

It was still the same weight.

Now I have to rip open the parcel which is one of those tough bastard jiffy bags they recommend using.

I shall check them once more.

Bloody hell.

Im off to a concert later, that will take my mind off it.
hiya pp...well how did the waxing go smooth i hope
Old Feb 10th 2006, 1:25 pm

Originally Posted by TruBrit
hiya pp...well how did the waxing go smooth i hope

I didnt wax in the end. And, I got there and they said they had changed their mind about the nightdress! Whoohoooo!

I did however, have to cuddle some bloke and lie on his knee whilst he smoothed my hair. Very odd to have another man do that to me. :scared:
Old Feb 10th 2006, 1:31 pm
What's happening dudes?

wmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond repute

Oh yes, been there done that Sam. Even though you know it's right, you can't help yourself just checking it one more time. And do you know what? After all that paranoia, I had actually forgotten to include the checklist in mine so was sh*tting bricks it would be rejected on a technicality when I sent it. But here I am

Good luck Sam.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.