Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Is this normal??

Is this normal??

Old Aug 1st 2004, 12:36 pm
Just Startin'

scotpandj is on a distinguished road
Default Is this normal??

We are planning on moving to Oz next year.We definately want to do this but I was wondering how all you guys felt about the process.What I mean is some days we cant wait to go and are totally convinced this is the right move then we get days where we think otherwise.Is this normal and natural?
Does everyone go through this?

We would appreciate your thoughts
Old Aug 1st 2004, 12:40 pm
Keeping it fairly real

walla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Is this normal??

Originally posted by scotpandj
We are planning on moving to Oz next year.We definately want to do this but I was wondering how all you guys felt about the process.What I mean is some days we cant wait to go and are totally convinced this is the right move then we get days where we think otherwise.Is this normal and natural?

Hi

Nearly everyone on this forum goes or has been through this, this place isn't nicknamed the madhouse for nothing
:scared:

Walla
Old Aug 1st 2004, 12:41 pm

cresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond repute

Yep wait until your questioning your sanity :scared::scared:

Old Aug 1st 2004, 12:46 pm
BE Enthusiast

Location: Edens Landing, half way between Brisbane and Gold coast
Paul&Ann-Marie will become famous soon enough

craziest emotional rollercoaster we've been on.

perfectly natural.

paul
Old Aug 1st 2004, 12:57 pm

Elaine M has much to be proud ofElaine M has much to be proud ofElaine M has much to be proud ofElaine M has much to be proud ofElaine M has much to be proud ofElaine M has much to be proud ofElaine M has much to be proud ofElaine M has much to be proud ofElaine M has much to be proud ofElaine M has much to be proud ofElaine M has much to be proud of

I'm not sure if I'm normal but if I'm anything to go by, it's perfectly natural to feel like you're on a roller coaster.

I just realised last Thursday that I'm emigrating in LESS THAN 6 WEEKS OMG:scared: :scared:

and now I can't get off that roller coaster even if I wanted to (which I don't really).

Calm, calm...

It will be ok, if you really want to do this you'll know by the time you've gone through all the application process etc.

Good luck with the future whatever you decide to do,

Elaine M
Old Aug 1st 2004, 1:03 pm
Just Startin'

we feel the reward for going through the process will be worth it...it is a gamble but if you dont try you'll never know and to be left wondering for the rest of your life would be a real pain

Where you off to Elaine
Old Aug 1st 2004, 1:50 pm

Elaine M has much to be proud ofElaine M has much to be proud ofElaine M has much to be proud ofElaine M has much to be proud ofElaine M has much to be proud ofElaine M has much to be proud ofElaine M has much to be proud ofElaine M has much to be proud ofElaine M has much to be proud ofElaine M has much to be proud ofElaine M has much to be proud of

Hi scotpandj,

I'm off to Adelaide, I've a sister there and will stay with her until Iget my own place.

I've been over three times before to visit and love the place.

It is something I've been working towards for a very long time and it really is worth all the effort IMO.

Where are you thinking of settling or haven't you got that far yet?

Elaine M
Old Aug 1st 2004, 2:22 pm
Just Startin'

We are aiming for Adelaide too.Need to do some research into the area.We were in Oz a few months ago and visited Melbourne, Sydney, Cairns and Brisbane.Due to the visas we can apply for we have dont have much choice where we can settle.

You like Adelaide then?
Old Aug 1st 2004, 4:21 pm
togooff&things

We are aiming for Adelaide too.Need to do some research into the area.We were in Oz a few months ago and visited Melbourne, Sydney, Cairns and Brisbane.Due to the visas we can apply for we have dont have much choice where we can settle.

You like Adelaide then?
Hi guys, Were in Edinburgh and so far it's taken us 3 years to get this far. Were just awaiting medicals! I'm past careing now! It feels all so detached from us going yet. I was excited 3 years ago but I think the hasstle has dampened our spirits! Wasn't issued a certificate in 1986 for a 1 year course I did....so that delayed us 1.5 years while they exchanged paperwork to sort it out! I used to have brown hair.....I have to use a cover-up grey dye now! Now is that the stress or just the time it's taken?:scared:

Old Aug 1st 2004, 6:31 pm
BE Forum Addict

nosuchluck is on a distinguished road

I don't think its really hit me yet, everyone keeps saying how brave i am but like i said it hasn't really hit home the enormity of what we are doing, even seeing all our furniture with 'Stacey-Brisbane' written on it didn't seem real! Not sure when it will kick in, probably when i board that plane in just over 5 weeks time!
Rach x
Old Aug 1st 2004, 6:53 pm
Don
Banned

Don is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by nosuchluck
I don't think its really hit me yet, everyone keeps saying how brave i am but like i said it hasn't really hit home the enormity of what we are doing, even seeing all our furniture with 'Stacey-Brisbane' written on it didn't seem real! Not sure when it will kick in, probably when i board that plane in just over 5 weeks time!
Rach x
Come off it, it's not that different to moving down the road except you are ten thousand quid down if you decide to come back in a few months.
Old Aug 1st 2004, 7:00 pm
BE Forum Addict

nosuchluck is on a distinguished road
Default The Don??

We not even there yet so thinking about coming back is not on the agenda!
Old Aug 1st 2004, 7:04 pm
Don
Banned

Don is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: The Don??

We not even there yet so thinking about coming back is not on the agenda!
Maybe it should be...lots DO come back.

Possibly this would influence your decision to sell everything before putting a toe in the water? :lecture: :lecture: :lecture:
Old Aug 1st 2004, 8:13 pm
BE Forum Addict

steandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond repute

A few nerves is normal, good luck on your journey and think positive.
Old Aug 1st 2004, 9:52 pm

I don't think its really hit me yet, everyone keeps saying how brave I am but like I said it hasn't really hit home the enormity of what we are doing, even seeing all our furniture with 'Stacey-Brisbane' written on it didn't seem real! Not sure when it will kick in, probably when i board that plane in just over 5 weeks time!
Rach x
I've also had lots of people telling me I'm really brave; I just kept thinking 'brave doesn't come into it, this is just something I really want to do, it's not that big a deal', but suddenly the realisation has kicked in in the last few days that it is a very big thing to do.

Up until then it's been a list of things I needed to do to get me where I want to be. Now the list is coming to an end I've had a bit of time to take a step back and appreciate that many people would like to have the guts to make such a big life change but haven't.

We really are a brave bunch!

Elaine M

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.