Reload this Page >

NOR ~ WA ~ Good suburbs?

NOR ~ WA ~ Good suburbs?

Old Mar 10th 2011, 11:08 pm
Forum Regular

cartertucker is on a distinguished road
Question NOR ~ WA ~ Good suburbs?

Hello everyone

We are currently staying NOR in WA & would really appreciate advice on which suburbs would be good for us

We have children 18, 7 & 3 months!

We love modern areas & would be looking for a fairly new house

We dont mind living away from the ocean (say max 25 minute drive)

Look forward to reading your comments
Old Mar 11th 2011, 12:56 am
BE Forum Addict

ozhappy981 has a reputation beyond reputeozhappy981 has a reputation beyond reputeozhappy981 has a reputation beyond reputeozhappy981 has a reputation beyond reputeozhappy981 has a reputation beyond reputeozhappy981 has a reputation beyond reputeozhappy981 has a reputation beyond reputeozhappy981 has a reputation beyond reputeozhappy981 has a reputation beyond reputeozhappy981 has a reputation beyond reputeozhappy981 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: NOR ~ WA ~ Good suburbs?

Originally Posted by cartertucker
We are currently staying NOR in WA & would really appreciate advice on which suburbs would be good for us.
If you are already in WA and NOR - why do you not look at your UBD or whatever street atlas you have and then drive around and have a look????
Old Mar 11th 2011, 1:05 am
BE Forum Addict

HelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond repute

Hi, are you looking to rent long-term or looking to live somewhere where you want to buy a house? Either renting or buying, can you give us an idea of your budget?
Old Mar 11th 2011, 1:23 am
(It's not my real name)

renth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond repute

Iluka's nice.
Old Mar 11th 2011, 3:20 am
BE Enthusiast

jimbo_d is a name known to alljimbo_d is a name known to alljimbo_d is a name known to alljimbo_d is a name known to alljimbo_d is a name known to alljimbo_d is a name known to alljimbo_d is a name known to alljimbo_d is a name known to alljimbo_d is a name known to alljimbo_d is a name known to alljimbo_d is a name known to all

Best ones are Leederville, North Perth, Mt Lawley etc surrounding the city, then if they're too expensive try Scarborough, Innaloo, Osborne Park, Yokine, Tuart Hill, Joondanna, Dianella etc. Avoid going past where the freeway turns into two lanes, it's boring suburbia where everything looks the same.
Old Mar 11th 2011, 3:47 am
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jimbo_d
Best ones are Leederville, North Perth, Mt Lawley etc surrounding the city, then if they're too expensive try Scarborough, Innaloo, Osborne Park, Yokine, Tuart Hill, Joondanna, Dianella etc. Avoid going past where the freeway turns into two lanes, it's boring suburbia where everything looks the same.
Maybe to you. Does that make the rest of us who live further north wrong?
Old Mar 11th 2011, 3:52 am
Banned

Weebie is a glorious beacon of lightWeebie is a glorious beacon of lightWeebie is a glorious beacon of lightWeebie is a glorious beacon of lightWeebie is a glorious beacon of lightWeebie is a glorious beacon of lightWeebie is a glorious beacon of lightWeebie is a glorious beacon of lightWeebie is a glorious beacon of lightWeebie is a glorious beacon of lightWeebie is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Dorothy
yes.
Old Mar 11th 2011, 3:55 am
BE Enthusiast

jimbo_d is a name known to alljimbo_d is a name known to alljimbo_d is a name known to alljimbo_d is a name known to alljimbo_d is a name known to alljimbo_d is a name known to alljimbo_d is a name known to alljimbo_d is a name known to alljimbo_d is a name known to alljimbo_d is a name known to alljimbo_d is a name known to all

Not at all, just so many people come on here moaning about how boring and bland Perth is when they've moved to the North/Southern suburbs where every house and street looks the same, when if they'd discovered the suburbs closer in they'd have a completely different experience.
Old Mar 11th 2011, 3:58 am
Banned

Weebie is a glorious beacon of lightWeebie is a glorious beacon of lightWeebie is a glorious beacon of lightWeebie is a glorious beacon of lightWeebie is a glorious beacon of lightWeebie is a glorious beacon of lightWeebie is a glorious beacon of lightWeebie is a glorious beacon of lightWeebie is a glorious beacon of lightWeebie is a glorious beacon of lightWeebie is a glorious beacon of light

Not at all, just so many people come on here moaning about how boring and bland Perth is when they've moved to the North/Southern suburbs where every house and street looks the same, when if they'd discovered the suburbs closer in they'd have a completely different experience.
spot on. But to them property in these areas where the rich of perth live are overpriced as the houses aren't new looking.
Old Mar 11th 2011, 4:36 am
BE Enthusiast

The_Wookie is a splendid one to beholdThe_Wookie is a splendid one to beholdThe_Wookie is a splendid one to beholdThe_Wookie is a splendid one to beholdThe_Wookie is a splendid one to beholdThe_Wookie is a splendid one to beholdThe_Wookie is a splendid one to beholdThe_Wookie is a splendid one to beholdThe_Wookie is a splendid one to beholdThe_Wookie is a splendid one to beholdThe_Wookie is a splendid one to behold

Absolutely agree.

We're in Yokine and think it's a great area. I work close to Joondalup and when I drive around there I can see where the 'bland' comments come from. Not my cup of tea at all.
Old Mar 11th 2011, 5:20 am
Banned

Yokine is a nice middleclass suburb with many young australian families. Joondalup has a lot of scum exhibit A Lakeside Joondalup which a cesspool of trash or so someone on my facebook said this week. Having said that Joondalup has very nice areas as well.

Last edited by Weebie; Mar 11th 2011 at 5:22 am.
Old Mar 11th 2011, 5:48 am
still searching

woody1974 is just really nicewoody1974 is just really nicewoody1974 is just really nicewoody1974 is just really nicewoody1974 is just really nicewoody1974 is just really nicewoody1974 is just really nicewoody1974 is just really nicewoody1974 is just really nice

Originally Posted by Weebie
Yokine is a nice middleclass suburb with many young australian families. Joondalup has a lot of scum exhibit A Lakeside Joondalup which a cesspool of trash or so someone on my facebook said this week. Having said that Joondalup has very nice areas as well.
well people advised me to stay away from the likes of yokine as there are bad parts to it as well, have also worked there and didn't light any fires with me think there are a lot of homes west around there, mount hawthorn and mount lawley are nice areas with a lot of character but as with everything, this comes at a cost.

end of the freeway is a good area as this is within easy reach of the city and still affordable by perth prices good luck as its never easy.
Old Mar 11th 2011, 6:28 am
Just Joined

Katalyna is an unknown quantity at this point

It's boring suburbia, yeah, but my in-laws & family tend to live in Alexander Heights, Landsdale and Ocean's Reef.

I -love- visiting the one in Ocean's Reef... close to the water!

It's all a lot of the same but even now in the older suburbs that are starting to be developed on the big blocks we'll see more of the same ol' same ol'!
Old Mar 11th 2011, 8:40 am
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by The_Wookie
Absolutely agree.

We're in Yokine and think it's a great area. I work close to Joondalup and when I drive around there I can see where the 'bland' comments come from. Not my cup of tea at all.
Absolutely disagree.

You say bland and others say just what they're looking for. Just because it's not your cup of tea doesn't make it wrong or bad. It just makes it not your cup of tea.

Now going to unsubscribe from this thread because I can't be bothered to argue with bell-ends who have no life experience outside living with mummy or renting with mates. I also don't feel anyone should have to justify where they live to anyone.
Old Mar 11th 2011, 9:00 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

eddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond repute

Absolutely disagree.

You say bland and others say just what they're looking for. Just because it's not your cup of tea doesn't make it wrong or bad. It just makes it not your cup of tea.

Now going to unsubscribe from this thread because I can't be bothered to argue with bell-ends who have no life experience outside living with mummy or renting with mates. I also don't feel anyone should have to justify where they live to anyone.
Pity you've unsubscribed to this thread oh dotty one... Coz if you hadn't you'd be seeing me publicly agree with you for what I believe to be the first time in my 5 1/2 year history here on BE... Truely a momentous occassion...

Wouldnt mind if there was a tongue in the cheek or a bit of humour, but its dull and boring and repetative and doesnt add any value to any conversation in anyway... Like the bloke at the bar everyone avoids eye contact with coz they'll get dragged into the same one sided, small minded, biggoted, conversation week in week out .....

So I'll follow your example and unsubscribe...

To the OP... There are good and bad areas in all burbs... Get out there and have a look for yourself seeing as you're here....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.