Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Noosa hinterland and eumundi areas

Noosa hinterland and eumundi areas

Old Sep 16th 2007, 5:16 pm
Forum Regular

wewantoz is a name known to allwewantoz is a name known to allwewantoz is a name known to allwewantoz is a name known to allwewantoz is a name known to allwewantoz is a name known to allwewantoz is a name known to allwewantoz is a name known to allwewantoz is a name known to allwewantoz is a name known to allwewantoz is a name known to all
Default Noosa hinterland and eumundi areas

We are thinking of finally moving to this area, have looked on the net at properties, they seem cheap with acerages, have always wanted to live semi rural but still near enough to shops and beach , Eumundi fits the bill, would love to hear from anyone whom lives there or been there to give me their views.I have had a Brief visit to the markets there some time ago, lots of noisey lorekeets!!

Last edited by wewantoz; Sep 16th 2007 at 5:19 pm.
Old Sep 16th 2007, 6:19 pm
Aussie in Hertfordshire

moocow has a brilliant futuremoocow has a brilliant futuremoocow has a brilliant futuremoocow has a brilliant futuremoocow has a brilliant futuremoocow has a brilliant future
Default Re: Noosa hinterland and eumundi areas

it was once a sleepy little town but is now becoming quite trendy. the markets are very good if you are into all that arty stuff. Now that the Bruce highway has been upgraded Brisbane is not that far away. Some of the forestry areas to the west of here are great and some areas still allow 4WDing.

Emundi would be a good investment if you cannot afford Noosa.
Old Sep 16th 2007, 7:19 pm
Forum Regular

wewantoz is a name known to allwewantoz is a name known to allwewantoz is a name known to allwewantoz is a name known to allwewantoz is a name known to allwewantoz is a name known to allwewantoz is a name known to allwewantoz is a name known to allwewantoz is a name known to allwewantoz is a name known to allwewantoz is a name known to all

Originally Posted by moocow
it was once a sleepy little town but is now becoming quite trendy. the markets are very good if you are into all that arty stuff. Now that the Bruce highway has been upgraded Brisbane is not that far away. Some of the forestry areas to the west of here are great and some areas still allow 4WDing.

Emundi would be a good investment if you cannot afford Noosa.
Thanks for your help, I liked eumundi and the markets I will go there again in march & have a good look then.
Old Sep 16th 2007, 9:39 pm

cresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by wewantoz
We are thinking of finally moving to this area, have looked on the net at properties, they seem cheap with acerages, have always wanted to live semi rural but still near enough to shops and beach , Eumundi fits the bill, would love to hear from anyone whom lives there or been there to give me their views.I have had a Brief visit to the markets there some time ago, lots of noisey lorekeets!!
A lot of Real Estate agents use very dubious descriptions when describing property as acreage, I've seen blocks as small as 1/4 acre described as acreage. Also the term Noosa Hinterland is used to describe anything rural within about 50 k's of Noosa. Very ambiguous claims at best, personally I'd call them lies.
We're up at Gympie about half an hour from Eumundi. We work down there a bit & I find the property is generally older & more established out at Eumundi than closer in to Noosa. There are a few new estates being cut out at Eumundi, one is right along side the Bruce Highway just to the North. I'd hate to live there, the noise from the highway would be shocking, akin to living under a commercial flightpath.
Property in both locations is vastly overpriced, currently running about 10-1 as a ratio with the average wage.
Old Sep 16th 2007, 10:04 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by cresta57
A lot of Real Estate agents use very dubious descriptions when describing property as acreage, I've seen blocks as small as 1/4 acre described as acreage. Also the term Noosa Hinterland is used to describe anything rural within about 50 k's of Noosa. Very ambiguous claims at best, personally I'd call them lies.
We're up at Gympie about half an hour from Eumundi. We work down there a bit & I find the property is generally older & more established out at Eumundi than closer in to Noosa. There are a few new estates being cut out at Eumundi, one is right along side the Bruce Highway just to the North. I'd hate to live there, the noise from the highway would be shocking, akin to living under a commercial flightpath.
Property in both locations is vastly overpriced, currently running about 10-1 as a ratio with the average wage.

Hi there,
Doesnt sound good !!, we found some huge property advertised in a place called wolvi,??I have never heard of it,seems like it is near to gympie. The places in eumundi look older queenslander type houses, I don't mind that they aren't a new build I would'nt want to live near to the highway.......no way ....not high way !!.
property seems cheaper than brisbanes gold coast areas , there must be work for tradies like me near to Noosa let me know your view on wolvi if you know it........Cheers.
Old Sep 17th 2007, 3:20 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

jad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by cresta57
Very good advice. Another point to add re acerage is go back and view it at every possible time of day, and in an ideal world season too. Whats green and lush out there in summer can easily become a dust bowl in periods of no rain, agents are 'free' with the term Noosa and you only have to go 15 mins back of coolum to see severly drought affected propeties in some seasons, ( pointing this out as many are on tank water). Hot too.
Other consideration is living acerage, great if you get good neighbours, but people dont buy these place to be be quiet, think kids, dogs, pools, ride on mowers, tennis courts, motor bikes, and unless your buying 10 acres+ you hear the lot constantly! Just sold 2 acres for that very reason.

Then found another piece of land which we gave up when finding the area would be affected by subdivision. Not saying dont buy acerage, we have now bought again. Our kids are not parks and kindy age so we had other considerations like living even 20 mins out means that amount of driving and back can go on several times a day older kids need facilities, so this time we bought a small acerage 3 klms to the beach, and 3 klms to town, this means it wasnt cheap, anything near facilities with views wont be, cheap will have a reason. Other lurk is acerage is often totally unusable, like 10 acre blocks with absolutely nothing but severe slope (see dollar signs when you build) and trees.

Eumundi and surrounds can be very pretty tho, and the locals have a reputation for being laid back, as in like a bit of the green herbs and spices Works not exactly abundant, but if your a tradie, most travel all over as part of the job, so anywere where you live will mean loads of driving any way.
Old Sep 17th 2007, 8:34 am
BE Forum Addict

glittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jad n rich
Very good advice. Another point to add re acerage is go back and view it at every possible time of day, and in an ideal world season too. Whats green and lush out there in summer can easily become a dust bowl in periods of no rain, agents are 'free' with the term Noosa and you only have to go 15 mins back of coolum to see severly drought affected propeties in some seasons, ( pointing this out as many are on tank water). Hot too.
Other consideration is living acerage, great if you get good neighbours, but people dont buy these place to be be quiet, think kids, dogs, pools, ride on mowers, tennis courts, motor bikes, and unless your buying 10 acres+ you hear the lot constantly! Just sold 2 acres for that very reason.

Then found another piece of land which we gave up when finding the area would be affected by subdivision. Not saying dont buy acerage, we have now bought again. Our kids are not parks and kindy age so we had other considerations like living even 20 mins out means that amount of driving and back can go on several times a day older kids need facilities, so this time we bought a small acerage 3 klms to the beach, and 3 klms to town, this means it wasnt cheap, anything near facilities with views wont be, cheap will have a reason. Other lurk is acerage is often totally unusable, like 10 acre blocks with absolutely nothing but severe slope (see dollar signs when you build) and trees.

Eumundi and surrounds can be very pretty tho, and the locals have a reputation for being laid back, as in like a bit of the green herbs and spices Works not exactly abundant, but if your a tradie, most travel all over as part of the job, so anywere where you live will mean loads of driving any way.

yep we're all on the old herbs and spices! Hehe! Our experience after 2 years; Eumundi and surrounds are green most of the year, it rains almost every night. Longest period without rain has been 3 weeks in August. Our kids love the state school, its extremely 'chilled' and the locals are friendly enough (well aside from the tree huggin, hairy arm pitted,friggin lesbians)! House prices are way over the top. Would never live at Eumundi 110 (new housing estate where the old caravan park used to be). Its right next to Bruce Hwy and they cut down loads of trees to build there! Ummm maybe I'm turning into a tree hugger too

Last edited by glittababe; Sep 17th 2007 at 8:42 am.
Old Sep 17th 2007, 9:08 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by glittababe
yep we're all on the old herbs and spices! Hehe! Our experience after 2 years; Eumundi and surrounds are green most of the year, it rains almost every night. Longest period without rain has been 3 weeks in August. Our kids love the state school, its extremely 'chilled' and the locals are friendly enough (well aside from the tree huggin, hairy arm pitted,friggin lesbians)! House prices are way over the top. Would never live at Eumundi 110 (new housing estate where the old caravan park used to be). Its right next to Bruce Hwy and they cut down loads of trees to build there! Ummm maybe I'm turning into a tree hugger too
Lol I got the feel for eumundi being layed back, when I visited I ate at krishnas cafe well I think thats what it was called hippyish place,food was nice I like the idea of a chilled out place, I went on market day I loved the feel of the place but those lorekeets drove me nuts!...give them some herbs and spices to make them quiet.!pleeease.

I guess there is lots to consider when looking for somewhere to live, I think we may well rent first.
so the high school is good is that near to eumundi?

does anyone recommend any other areas to consider that are not too expensive to live I have only ever been to eumundi and Noosa ,havent really had a chance to see more.

cheers guys for your advise.

Last edited by wewantoz; Sep 17th 2007 at 9:14 am.
Old Sep 17th 2007, 10:38 am
BE Forum Addict

melaniee has much to be proud ofmelaniee has much to be proud ofmelaniee has much to be proud ofmelaniee has much to be proud ofmelaniee has much to be proud ofmelaniee has much to be proud ofmelaniee has much to be proud ofmelaniee has much to be proud ofmelaniee has much to be proud ofmelaniee has much to be proud ofmelaniee has much to be proud of

What's cooloolabin and kureelpa like ?
Old Sep 17th 2007, 9:26 pm
BE Forum Addict

glittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by melaniee
What's cooloolabin and kureelpa like ?
BFN!!!! They're about 15 -20 mins west of Belli Park. Other areas around Noosa; Doonan, Verrierdale, Tinbeerwah, North Arm, Ninderry,Coolum, Peregian, Marcus Beach, Sunrise Beach, Tewantin, Cooroibah, Boreen Point, Cooroy, - all are within 15-20min drive of Noosa. New bypass means that Peregian is just 10mins from Noosa, in fact hubby's done it in 7 mins without speeding.

OMG and the krisna cafes closed down! Me and mate used to go there for coffee and cake! Fab place.
Old Sep 17th 2007, 9:28 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by wewantoz
Lol I got the feel for eumundi being layed back, when I visited I ate at krishnas cafe well I think thats what it was called hippyish place,food was nice I like the idea of a chilled out place, I went on market day I loved the feel of the place but those lorekeets drove me nuts!...give them some herbs and spices to make them quiet.!pleeease.

I guess there is lots to consider when looking for somewhere to live, I think we may well rent first.
so the high school is good is that near to eumundi?

does anyone recommend any other areas to consider that are not too expensive to live I have only ever been to eumundi and Noosa ,havent really had a chance to see more.

cheers guys for your advise.
Euundi state school is a primary years 1-7 and is great. Noosa district high school is in Cooroy, 5 mins up the Bruce hwy - I'd say it hasn't got a good reputation at the moment due to bullying issues and overcrowding. We'll probably send our boys to sunshine beach high school, tho its a bit of a trek
Old Sep 18th 2007, 1:38 am
BE Forum Addict

melaniee has much to be proud ofmelaniee has much to be proud ofmelaniee has much to be proud ofmelaniee has much to be proud ofmelaniee has much to be proud ofmelaniee has much to be proud ofmelaniee has much to be proud ofmelaniee has much to be proud ofmelaniee has much to be proud ofmelaniee has much to be proud ofmelaniee has much to be proud of

Hi Glitterbabe !

Sorry-what is BFN ?!

Originally Posted by glittababe
BFN!!!! They're about 15 -20 mins west of Belli Park. Other areas around Noosa; Doonan, Verrierdale, Tinbeerwah, North Arm, Ninderry,Coolum, Peregian, Marcus Beach, Sunrise Beach, Tewantin, Cooroibah, Boreen Point, Cooroy, - all are within 15-20min drive of Noosa. New bypass means that Peregian is just 10mins from Noosa, in fact hubby's done it in 7 mins without speeding.

OMG and the krisna cafes closed down! Me and mate used to go there for coffee and cake! Fab place.
Old Sep 18th 2007, 6:04 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by melaniee
Hi Glitterbabe !

Sorry-what is BFN ?!
butt **** nowhere!