noosa area

Old Jul 30th 2008, 12:19 pm
Forum Regular

darrellandsarah will become famous soon enoughdarrellandsarah will become famous soon enough
Default noosa area

we're over shortly in october to live and would like some feedback on the area noosa and the surrounding area's. we have two children who need to go to junior school aged 8 and 10. whats life like in that neck of the country in general.we're friendly outgoing people who like socialize and have fun with our kids,and very much outdoor people. oh! and what are the food shopping fcilities like
Old Jul 30th 2008, 12:46 pm
BE Forum Addict

rabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: noosa area

well i live in brisbane not noosa,but have been up there lots of time to stay. we love it!

i think it would be a great place to bring up kids but i can imagine in high season it would get a bit annoying to be a local as it does get really packed. it's very centred around hospitality and tourism, do you have work to go to?

it's beautiful up there, lots of natural attractions, gorgeous beaches as well as some really nice restaurants (it's known as a bit of a foody place).

if you are pub and club type person you will grow tired of it quickly, if you like restaurants, beach life, beautiful weather most of the year round (with the tourists that come with it) you're laughing i would think!

hopefully someone who actually lives there will come on soon.
Old Jul 30th 2008, 3:13 pm
Forum Regular

EandE is an unknown quantity at this point

While backpacking I stayed in Noosa for a while and I can reccomend it from that point of view, although a bit hectic as darrylandsarah mentions.

Noosa has a nice national park, and the area is great for surfing! However, because of the tourism things can be relatively more expensive.
Old Jul 30th 2008, 5:46 pm
egghead4+becky

egghead4 has much to be proud ofegghead4 has much to be proud ofegghead4 has much to be proud ofegghead4 has much to be proud ofegghead4 has much to be proud ofegghead4 has much to be proud ofegghead4 has much to be proud ofegghead4 has much to be proud ofegghead4 has much to be proud ofegghead4 has much to be proud ofegghead4 has much to be proud of

it is a very beautiful area. lots of things to do and see, although as people have mentioned i can imagine it will get busy during the holiday seasons. having said that things seem to be spread out and as there are lots of great beaches and parks in the area, there's lots of choice.
have you looked more inland, how far in would you be willing to go?
when we looked at the sunshine coast, we also considered beerwah, nambour, bli bli, and some areas around by the glass house mountains are sooo beautiful with so much space and lots of park areas - there are also some great land deals to be had as well.

good luck
bec
Old Jul 31st 2008, 12:19 am

Centurion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond repute

Noosa is lovely. Expensive and lovely. However I would not like to be in the position of trying to find a job for decent money there in a lot of industries.
Old Jul 31st 2008, 1:21 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

spartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Centurion
Noosa is lovely. Expensive and lovely. However I would not like to be in the position of trying to find a job for decent money there in a lot of industries.
Very expensive, very touristy, very 'daddy's bought me a new mercedes'.

Apart from that its alright.
Old Jul 31st 2008, 1:24 am
BE Forum Addict

rabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Centurion
Indeed, it's the kind of place you go to live when you've made a stack already. I know it's pants for well paying jobs up there, mainly hospitality from what I understand.
Old Jul 31st 2008, 1:25 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by spartacus
very 'daddy's bought me a new mercedes'.
You're just jealous 'cos you didn't get one!
Old Jul 31st 2008, 1:30 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

spartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by rabsody
You're just jealous 'cos you didn't get one!
You've just unpicked 15 years worth of intensive psychiatric intervention with that last comment.
Old Jul 31st 2008, 2:57 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by spartacus
You've just unpicked 15 years worth of intensive psychiatric intervention with that last comment.
I would love to buy you a Merc to make up for the damage but ......
Old Jul 31st 2008, 3:00 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

[QUOTE=rabsody;6630433]I would love to buy you a Merc . . . [QUOTE]

I'll take you up on that.
Old Jul 31st 2008, 8:22 am
BE Forum Addict

[QUOTE=spartacus;6630437][QUOTE=rabsody;6630433]I would love to buy you a Merc . . .

I'll take you up on that.
nah, don't fancy you anymore now you've changed your avatar (don't look like a proper queenslander like the last one lol!)
Old Jul 31st 2008, 9:18 am
Forum Regular

jo n craig is a jewel in the roughjo n craig is a jewel in the roughjo n craig is a jewel in the roughjo n craig is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by darrellandsarah
we're over shortly in october to live and would like some feedback on the area noosa and the surrounding area's. we have two children who need to go to junior school aged 8 and 10. whats life like in that neck of the country in general.we're friendly outgoing people who like socialize and have fun with our kids,and very much outdoor people. oh! and what are the food shopping fcilities like
Hi!
Noosa is beautiful. We stayed there last year during our reccie and feel in love with place. Like everyone has said property is a lot more expensive. We said it's a place to go for weekends away but if we were rich enough...
jo
Old Jul 31st 2008, 11:33 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by rabsody
I would love to buy you a Merc . . .

nah, don't fancy you anymore now you've changed your avatar (don't look like a proper queenslander like the last one lol!)
Yak yak yak yak yak . . .