Wikiposts

noise laws

Old Mar 28th 2004, 2:42 pm
Drunken Aussie

brisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nice
Default noise laws

hi.

wondered if anyone has any experience of the noise pollution laws in queensland. all i can find out is that brisbane council has laws, but they don't cover loud music/crap bands practising at midnight. they say it's covered in state laws... tried finding the state laws, but the epa (environmental protection agency) has nothing of use. even the environmental protection act is of little use (not that i've read all 400+ pages).

just wondering what hours of the day you can't be noisey gits. have complained to the cops a number of times now (not me actually, but i've witnessed the noise and it's shocking) and they said so have others, but this has been going on every night for over a week now, and the useless cops are doing nothing.... next step is to petrol bomb the place (kidding ).

so if anyone has any idea to the acceptable noise hours (i notice the victorian epa advertise hours when noise is/isn't acceptable) then can you let me know. i don't want to annoy the neighbours with my noisy lovemaking once the band realise how crap they are and give up for good!!
Old Mar 28th 2004, 3:17 pm
ABCDiamond

Have you looked at this page

http://www.epa.qld.gov.au/environmen...nuisance_laws/

and this

http://www.epa.qld.gov.au/publications?id=591