Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Noel Gallagher joins the Brisbane Celtic Supporters Club

Noel Gallagher joins the Brisbane Celtic Supporters Club

Old Dec 13th 2006, 4:19 am
Forum Regular

coventrycelt has much to be proud ofcoventrycelt has much to be proud ofcoventrycelt has much to be proud ofcoventrycelt has much to be proud ofcoventrycelt has much to be proud ofcoventrycelt has much to be proud ofcoventrycelt has much to be proud ofcoventrycelt has much to be proud ofcoventrycelt has much to be proud ofcoventrycelt has much to be proud ofcoventrycelt has much to be proud of
Smile Noel Gallagher joins the Brisbane Celtic Supporters Club

www.brisbanecsc.com

How about this for a coup, he was appearing with Gem in Brisbane last night, so we invited him to become a member and gave him a club top, he said he would be Honoured to be a member as he is a regular attendee at Celtic games. He even gave the club a mention during the gig and thanked the lads for inviting him to join.
Great gig as well!
A couple of weeks ago we were invited down to the Gold coast where Alan Brazil and talksport radio (uk) were doing their show during the ashes match at The Gabba. Alan is a big Celtic fan and was also pleased to become a member, and can be seen wearing our merchandise whilst doing his show. Had a great drink with him after the show, a smashing guy.
We also have ex Celtic player Simon Lynch, who is currently playing For Queensland Roar as an active member.
For any new emigree's to Brisbane who are interested in Celtic come along and join the club, its a great way of networking and meeting new friends. We have Girls nights out as well, not many Celtic or football fans amongst them, a mixture of Scots, Irish, Aussies and English which reflects our club.
We have a private boat cruise on the Brisbane river on Sat 6th jan 4pm to 7pm only $20 kids free, music and licensed bar, anyone welcome to attend.
We now have about sixty members of all professions and trades, so its a great way to network and all help each other out.

For anyone wanting more info about the club, see the website www.brisbanecsc.com or contact me on [email protected]

We have the old firm game live on sunday at omalleys irish pub, queen st mall, cbd kick off 10.30 Irish Disco starts at 7pm. This is a setanta ppv event.
We are much more than a football supporters club, we have regular social events and go out of our way to help new arrivals settle in.

Please note: we have lots of good friends and even wifes who are Rangers supporters who all get on with just fine, so please dont invade this informative thread with , so called banter, its been done to death and very boring!

Last edited by coventrycelt; Dec 13th 2006 at 6:12 am.
Old Dec 13th 2006, 5:48 am
BE Enthusiast

JohnandMichelle is a glorious beacon of lightJohnandMichelle is a glorious beacon of lightJohnandMichelle is a glorious beacon of lightJohnandMichelle is a glorious beacon of lightJohnandMichelle is a glorious beacon of lightJohnandMichelle is a glorious beacon of lightJohnandMichelle is a glorious beacon of lightJohnandMichelle is a glorious beacon of lightJohnandMichelle is a glorious beacon of lightJohnandMichelle is a glorious beacon of lightJohnandMichelle is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Noel Gallagher joins the Brisbane Celtic Supporters Club

Sounds good - wish there was something like that down here - bit too far to travel and can't have a drink.... Next June for the cruise - is that right

Well done on the club and the couple of latest signings.. All the best for the future. Michelle x
Old Dec 13th 2006, 6:18 am
Forum Regular

coventrycelt has much to be proud ofcoventrycelt has much to be proud ofcoventrycelt has much to be proud ofcoventrycelt has much to be proud ofcoventrycelt has much to be proud ofcoventrycelt has much to be proud ofcoventrycelt has much to be proud ofcoventrycelt has much to be proud ofcoventrycelt has much to be proud ofcoventrycelt has much to be proud ofcoventrycelt has much to be proud of

Hi Michelle,
oop I mistakenly put in June, it should be Jan, have edited it now. Some of our members also live quite a bit away and come in for the social events and stop over in cheap last minute acom www.wotif.com.au
Was over in Galway in June saying goodbye to all my Uncles and Aunts who live there before I headed over here.
ps I had had it on good authority that The Sawdoctors are planning a visit to OZ next year!!!
Now that would be worth a trip into town eh

John
Old Dec 14th 2006, 7:05 am
BE Forum Addict

framac has a reputation beyond reputeframac has a reputation beyond reputeframac has a reputation beyond reputeframac has a reputation beyond reputeframac has a reputation beyond reputeframac has a reputation beyond reputeframac has a reputation beyond reputeframac has a reputation beyond reputeframac has a reputation beyond reputeframac has a reputation beyond reputeframac has a reputation beyond repute

Sounds like my cup of tea Mick but unfortunately I'm further up the coast and will not make it. God I miss the sellic. Getting homesick just thinking about them. I'll not even see the game but will be texted to death trying to keep up. So from a fellow jungle jim, have a good one and sorry I cant make it but I promise if I'm ever in Brisbane, I'll be in touch. Keep the faith.
Old Dec 14th 2006, 7:19 am
Where's the factor 30.

Mid Lifer. is a glorious beacon of lightMid Lifer. is a glorious beacon of lightMid Lifer. is a glorious beacon of lightMid Lifer. is a glorious beacon of lightMid Lifer. is a glorious beacon of lightMid Lifer. is a glorious beacon of lightMid Lifer. is a glorious beacon of lightMid Lifer. is a glorious beacon of lightMid Lifer. is a glorious beacon of lightMid Lifer. is a glorious beacon of lightMid Lifer. is a glorious beacon of light

If Paul Gascoine ever visits Brizzy will he get an honoury membership?
Old Dec 14th 2006, 7:25 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Mid Lifer.
Why?

I think being a alcoholic wife beater would preclude him or is that not your point!!!!!

Framac, I know what you mean about missing the craic, if you are ever in town give us a call.

John

www.brisbanecsc.com

Last edited by coventrycelt; Dec 14th 2006 at 7:28 am.
Old Dec 14th 2006, 7:29 am
Where's the factor 30.

Mid Lifer. is a glorious beacon of lightMid Lifer. is a glorious beacon of lightMid Lifer. is a glorious beacon of lightMid Lifer. is a glorious beacon of lightMid Lifer. is a glorious beacon of lightMid Lifer. is a glorious beacon of lightMid Lifer. is a glorious beacon of lightMid Lifer. is a glorious beacon of lightMid Lifer. is a glorious beacon of lightMid Lifer. is a glorious beacon of lightMid Lifer. is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by coventrycelt
Why?

I think being a alcoholic wife beater would preclude him or is that not your point!!!!!
No I meant his "flute playing " act after he scored in an Old Firm game.But yeah he was an alcoholic wife beater as well.
Old Dec 14th 2006, 8:27 am
BE Enthusiast

Clan Fortune has a reputation beyond reputeClan Fortune has a reputation beyond reputeClan Fortune has a reputation beyond reputeClan Fortune has a reputation beyond reputeClan Fortune has a reputation beyond reputeClan Fortune has a reputation beyond reputeClan Fortune has a reputation beyond reputeClan Fortune has a reputation beyond reputeClan Fortune has a reputation beyond reputeClan Fortune has a reputation beyond reputeClan Fortune has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Mid Lifer.
Heay
Im a died in the wool rangers fan and I wouldnt give paul gascoine a welcome hes an arse anyone who thinks its great to be a wife beater needs there head looked and I would give him a kicking if I met him
By the way if I get my visa and come to brisie I would love to visit your club.
Old Dec 14th 2006, 8:44 am
Where's the factor 30.

Yep .I was being sarcastic .I knew Gazza would never be welcomed by Celtic fans.Its great to see there are Rangers fans out there who think he's a dick too.
Old Dec 14th 2006, 9:08 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Clan Fortune
Heay
Im a died in the wool rangers fan and I wouldnt give paul gascoine a welcome hes an arse anyone who thinks its great to be a wife beater needs there head looked and I would give him a kicking if I met him
By the way if I get my visa and come to brisie I would love to visit your club.
Hi CF,
Will look forward to having a pint mate , best of luck with the visa, very stressfull , but well worth the wait! By the way the Rangers sc is back up and running now, they had Ian Ferguson in a couple of weeks ago for a game.

Midlife, I knew you were being sarcastic, so didnt want to take the bait
Old Dec 15th 2006, 9:03 am
The Murphsters

The Murphsters is a name known to allThe Murphsters is a name known to allThe Murphsters is a name known to allThe Murphsters is a name known to allThe Murphsters is a name known to allThe Murphsters is a name known to allThe Murphsters is a name known to allThe Murphsters is a name known to allThe Murphsters is a name known to allThe Murphsters is a name known to allThe Murphsters is a name known to all

With everything crossed me and the missus will be invading Brisbane in Feb sometime and this sounds just the thing!

My first love is Arsenal though and will be looking for some Brissie Gooners but my mistress is Celtic (was left with little choice being an irish kid partly brought up in Scotland!)

I will look forward to seeing you in a couple of months.

Cheers
Murph
Old Dec 15th 2006, 11:55 am
Forum Regular

Hi Murph,
We will look forward to welcoming you, I'm sure there are a few Gooners about, having lived most of my life in Coventry, I was also a regular at highfield rd, especialy in my younger days. I can even remember turning your lot over a few times
Its good to watch the sport over here with a crowd of lads, its the craic and banter we thrive on eh!
send me a pm when you have some dates mate and I'll introduce you to all the Bhoys.

John
Old Dec 15th 2006, 12:02 pm
BE Enthusiast

Clan Fortune has a reputation beyond reputeClan Fortune has a reputation beyond reputeClan Fortune has a reputation beyond reputeClan Fortune has a reputation beyond reputeClan Fortune has a reputation beyond reputeClan Fortune has a reputation beyond reputeClan Fortune has a reputation beyond reputeClan Fortune has a reputation beyond reputeClan Fortune has a reputation beyond reputeClan Fortune has a reputation beyond reputeClan Fortune has a reputation beyond repute

Hi CF,
Will look forward to having a pint mate , best of luck with the visa, very stressfull , but well worth the wait! By the way the Rangers sc is back up and running now, they had Ian Ferguson in a couple of weeks ago for a game.

Midlife, I knew you were being sarcastic, so didnt want to take the bait
Dont know about the midlife bit? wasnt meaning to be sarcastic so I am sorry if I offended, I got my visa yesterday and I mean it when I say I would love to come to your club, my father in law is a celts fan and we get on great, we dont have any bitterness, if rangers play shit he tells me and i agree, same with celtic, but if any of them play great we dont mind admitting that either., may the best team win on sunday but I suspect it will be you lot we are only doing ok in Europe this season, domestic form is crap. Both our teams nead to get out of the spl to really get better, you cant expect professionals of their calibre to play well every week when they play such low class opposition this doesnt help maintain form.
Old Dec 15th 2006, 12:21 pm
The Murphsters

The Murphsters is a name known to allThe Murphsters is a name known to allThe Murphsters is a name known to allThe Murphsters is a name known to allThe Murphsters is a name known to allThe Murphsters is a name known to allThe Murphsters is a name known to allThe Murphsters is a name known to allThe Murphsters is a name known to allThe Murphsters is a name known to allThe Murphsters is a name known to all

Hi Murph,
We will look forward to welcoming you, I'm sure there are a few Gooners about, having lived most of my life in Coventry, I was also a regular at highfield rd, especialy in my younger days. I can even remember turning your lot over a few times
Its good to watch the sport over here with a crowd of lads, its the craic and banter we thrive on eh!
send me a pm when you have some dates mate and I'll introduce you to all the Bhoys.

John
Cheers John, I will do!

Thanks Gary
Old Dec 15th 2006, 11:05 pm
Forum Regular

Hi Clan, Congrats on getting the Visa, Brisbane is a great city to live in loads of gigs and top sports events to go to and at reasonable prices. Give us a shout when you are arriving. The game tomorrow, I have a feeling will go your way, we seem to be struggling for form lately, so I'm waiting for that big wet haddock to hit me in the face tomorrow night. Hopefuly my negative waves are wrong

Cheers

John