Nobel park, Victoria

Wikiposts

Nobel park, Victoria

Old Oct 3rd 2006, 8:16 pm
Forum Regular

Sebastian will become famous soon enough
Default Nobel park, Victoria

Hi all,

Just been looking at houses in this area and wondered if any of you guys in Melbourne could tell me what the area is like,what areas of interest it's near,loccality to schools, shops,eateries,fast food etc,etc and if it's considered to be a good area. Can you offer any other help??

Cheers,
Sebastian
Old Oct 3rd 2006, 8:26 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

OzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Nobel park, Victoria

Originally Posted by Sebastian
Hi all,

Just been looking at houses in this area and wondered if any of you guys in Melbourne could tell me what the area is like,what areas of interest it's near,loccality to schools, shops,eateries,fast food etc,etc and if it's considered to be a good area. Can you offer any other help??

Cheers,
Sebastian
Firstly, it hasn't won a Peace Prize so it is Noble Park!

To put it bluntly it is not one of Melbourne's nicer suburbs and it is situated next to Dandenong which is not terribly desirable either. At one point it was on the edge of Melbourne and a lot of industry was established there in the 60's and it attracted a lot of migrant workers (General Motors Holden and Heinz factories). That's Dandenong I mean. There are a lot of Asian migrants in that area (attracted by low property prices and low paid employment) and there's a bit of 'racial tension', between the different groups.

The average price for all Melbourne property is about $380K, Noble Park is $246K and Dandenong $254K. Property prices also fell 1 to 2% in these suburbs during the last year. Enough said? Cheap for a reason.

I'll leave it to others who live closer to comment (I originate from another part of Melbourne and mainly know these areas by reputation).

OzTennis
Old Oct 3rd 2006, 8:33 pm
BE Forum Addict

jond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond repute

Hi all,

Cheers,
Sebastian
Hi

I do a fair bit of work around there and it is quite industrial and very near Dandenong.

I can't comment on schools, shops etc, but I think you could find nicer suburbs to live in.

John
Old Oct 4th 2006, 12:03 am
Take it easy

Shakmaty has a reputation beyond reputeShakmaty has a reputation beyond reputeShakmaty has a reputation beyond reputeShakmaty has a reputation beyond reputeShakmaty has a reputation beyond reputeShakmaty has a reputation beyond reputeShakmaty has a reputation beyond reputeShakmaty has a reputation beyond reputeShakmaty has a reputation beyond reputeShakmaty has a reputation beyond reputeShakmaty has a reputation beyond repute

Hi all,

Cheers,
Sebastian
Rough with a lot of crime....large ethnic communities who aren't mixing on the whole eg Serbs and Croats. The shops just off Heatherton Road are fairly run down. Extremely close to Springvale which has a Triad reputation. I'm going there tomorrow on business, but it isn't a place I'd like to be at night. Oh, and there is hardly any nightlife.....but it is cheap....wonder why???
Old Oct 4th 2006, 12:10 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

BadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond repute

It's just not very nice. Nothing to do with the people that live there.
Old Oct 4th 2006, 12:25 am
Take it easy

Shakmaty has a reputation beyond reputeShakmaty has a reputation beyond reputeShakmaty has a reputation beyond reputeShakmaty has a reputation beyond reputeShakmaty has a reputation beyond reputeShakmaty has a reputation beyond reputeShakmaty has a reputation beyond reputeShakmaty has a reputation beyond reputeShakmaty has a reputation beyond reputeShakmaty has a reputation beyond reputeShakmaty has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BadgeIsBack
It's just not very nice. Nothing to do with the people that live there.
Hmmmm, I know a fair few people who live there, and they wouldn't agree with you
Old Oct 4th 2006, 12:30 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

BadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Shakmaty
Hmmmm, I know a fair few people who live there, and they wouldn't agree with you
I'm not dragging race into it. I wouldn't live there if the people were nice either. It's a crap location.
Old Oct 4th 2006, 12:35 am
Take it easy

Originally Posted by BadgeIsBack
I'm not dragging race into it. I wouldn't live there if the people were nice either. It's a crap location.
I'm happy to drag race into it as it's an issue there. I have friends in Serbian community, Croatian community, Senegalese community, and some Aussies. All have admitted to me that there are ethnic tensions there.

Apparently Greater Dandenong Council are allocating $2.5 million to cleaning the area up, but with council elections coming up, this plan could be shelved after November.