Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

No water shortages in Perth

No water shortages in Perth

Old Aug 15th 2007, 3:20 am
A former regular of BE

worzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond repute
Default No water shortages in Perth

Given all the press reports about water shortages this will put things in perspective. The Perth dams are fuller than at any time in the last 6 years:

http://www.watercorporation.com.au/_...rage_large.jpg

Okay, there is a bigger population now but we also have the desal plant providing 17% of our water and another one on the way in about 4 years.
Old Aug 15th 2007, 4:26 am
Banned

ozlord is just really niceozlord is just really niceozlord is just really niceozlord is just really niceozlord is just really niceozlord is just really niceozlord is just really niceozlord is just really nice
Default Re: No water shortages in Perth

Originally Posted by worzel
Given all the press reports about water shortages this will put things in perspective. The Perth dams are fuller than at any time in the last 6 years:

http://www.watercorporation.com.au/_...rage_large.jpg

Okay, there is a bigger population now but we also have the desal plant providing 17% of our water and another one on the way in about 4 years.
YEs, anyone that knows anything about OZ weather knows droughts come and go, one year theres a drought next year its flooding and theres too much water. Some negative posters on the forum a while back were saying don't immigrate to OZ theres no water, what a load of garbage, half my acerage is flooded at the moment its been raining almost every day for the last few months where l live.
Old Aug 15th 2007, 5:02 am
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: No water shortages in Perth

Originally Posted by ozlord
YEs, anyone that knows anything about OZ weather knows droughts come and go, one year theres a drought next year its flooding and theres too much water. Some negative posters on the forum a while back were saying don't immigrate to OZ theres no water, what a load of garbage, half my acerage is flooded at the moment its been raining almost every day for the last few months where l live.
If you look back at the history of Australia you will see that droughts and floods are 'normal' so tp speak. So I guess the current situation is no different. Australia has always managed to cope with both floods and droughts and I don't see this changing in the future.