Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

no theory test for UK drivers anymore!

no theory test for UK drivers anymore!

Old Jan 8th 2007, 8:40 am
BE Enthusiast

liver bird has a reputation beyond reputeliver bird has a reputation beyond reputeliver bird has a reputation beyond reputeliver bird has a reputation beyond reputeliver bird has a reputation beyond reputeliver bird has a reputation beyond reputeliver bird has a reputation beyond reputeliver bird has a reputation beyond reputeliver bird has a reputation beyond reputeliver bird has a reputation beyond reputeliver bird has a reputation beyond repute
Default no theory test for UK drivers anymore!

just found this out today. We rang to sit our theory test to get our Queensland Driving license and apparently they stopped the theory test a few months ago - so we just have to take our UK drivers licence in and passport!! hope this may be useful to someone (I hate tests so am made up!)
Old Jan 8th 2007, 8:56 am
Where traffic lights rule

themerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: no theory test for UK drivers anymore!

You lot get it too easy, we had to do the theory and the real driving test

Originally Posted by liver bird
just found this out today. We rang to sit our theory test to get our Queensland Driving license and apparently they stopped the theory test a few months ago - so we just have to take our UK drivers licence in and passport!! hope this may be useful to someone (I hate tests so am made up!)
Old Jan 8th 2007, 10:27 am
BE Enthusiast

njk435 is a glorious beacon of lightnjk435 is a glorious beacon of lightnjk435 is a glorious beacon of lightnjk435 is a glorious beacon of lightnjk435 is a glorious beacon of lightnjk435 is a glorious beacon of lightnjk435 is a glorious beacon of lightnjk435 is a glorious beacon of lightnjk435 is a glorious beacon of lightnjk435 is a glorious beacon of lightnjk435 is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by themerlin
You lot get it too easy, we had to do the theory and the real driving test
You should come to NT, the only test I had was an eye test!
Th ehardest part was convincing the clerk that I lived in NT (being in uniform, with Army ID and they weren't sure I lived here. (Palmerston is Armytown Australia)
Old Jan 8th 2007, 11:55 am
BE Enthusiast

sparkley23 is a glorious beacon of lightsparkley23 is a glorious beacon of lightsparkley23 is a glorious beacon of lightsparkley23 is a glorious beacon of lightsparkley23 is a glorious beacon of lightsparkley23 is a glorious beacon of lightsparkley23 is a glorious beacon of lightsparkley23 is a glorious beacon of lightsparkley23 is a glorious beacon of lightsparkley23 is a glorious beacon of lightsparkley23 is a glorious beacon of light

Has anyone who took the test had their refund yet? Im still waiting for mine which I took in September. (before they realised that making us take it was against the law !)
Old Jan 8th 2007, 1:24 pm
I need a beer.....

snappy is a splendid one to beholdsnappy is a splendid one to beholdsnappy is a splendid one to beholdsnappy is a splendid one to beholdsnappy is a splendid one to beholdsnappy is a splendid one to beholdsnappy is a splendid one to beholdsnappy is a splendid one to beholdsnappy is a splendid one to beholdsnappy is a splendid one to beholdsnappy is a splendid one to behold

I loved it as my mate told me they had stopped the theory test but I managed to wind up hubbie who kept on about "read the book otherwise you will fail!!" I told him I passed he asked how many questions I got wrong my answer "In theory I was 100% right!" so I didn't lie as such I did tell him later though.

I was so relived as I failed the first time I had to take the test so it is great that I am now all legal without having to go through that again.....just scary for the other drivers on the road

Sasha
Old Jan 8th 2007, 1:41 pm
Forum Regular

soldierblue is a glorious beacon of lightsoldierblue is a glorious beacon of lightsoldierblue is a glorious beacon of lightsoldierblue is a glorious beacon of lightsoldierblue is a glorious beacon of lightsoldierblue is a glorious beacon of lightsoldierblue is a glorious beacon of lightsoldierblue is a glorious beacon of lightsoldierblue is a glorious beacon of lightsoldierblue is a glorious beacon of lightsoldierblue is a glorious beacon of light

Is this for Queeensland licences only or does it apply to NSW as well?

Cheers Mark
Old Jan 8th 2007, 1:45 pm
Account Closed

Nomore is an unknown quantity at this point

This was stopped months ago in Perth also.
Old Jan 8th 2007, 1:50 pm
BE Enthusiast

micmay3_in_oz is a name known to allmicmay3_in_oz is a name known to allmicmay3_in_oz is a name known to allmicmay3_in_oz is a name known to allmicmay3_in_oz is a name known to allmicmay3_in_oz is a name known to allmicmay3_in_oz is a name known to allmicmay3_in_oz is a name known to allmicmay3_in_oz is a name known to allmicmay3_in_oz is a name known to allmicmay3_in_oz is a name known to all

Originally Posted by sparkley23
Has anyone who took the test had their refund yet? Im still waiting for mine which I took in September. (before they realised that making us take it was against the law !)
Apparently, according to the QT website the refunds are all being sent out this month. So you should hear something this month - theoretically speaking.

Mx
Old Jan 8th 2007, 3:17 pm
shoot from the hip,baby

onepearlyb has a reputation beyond reputeonepearlyb has a reputation beyond reputeonepearlyb has a reputation beyond reputeonepearlyb has a reputation beyond reputeonepearlyb has a reputation beyond reputeonepearlyb has a reputation beyond reputeonepearlyb has a reputation beyond reputeonepearlyb has a reputation beyond reputeonepearlyb has a reputation beyond reputeonepearlyb has a reputation beyond reputeonepearlyb has a reputation beyond repute

I'm taking lessons in the Isle of Man just now. Trying to get my licence before we move out to Oz.

Anyone know if they recognise an IOM licence or if I have to convert to a UK one before I leave THEN go about changing it again once in Melbourne????

HELP anyone - this is a major headache just now.

*pearly*
Old Jan 8th 2007, 6:51 pm
lor
BE Forum Addict

lor has a reputation beyond reputelor has a reputation beyond reputelor has a reputation beyond reputelor has a reputation beyond reputelor has a reputation beyond reputelor has a reputation beyond reputelor has a reputation beyond reputelor has a reputation beyond reputelor has a reputation beyond reputelor has a reputation beyond reputelor has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by paulrachel
This was stopped months ago in Perth also.
So does anyone know if this will also happen in Victoria
Old Jan 8th 2007, 7:09 pm
Account Closed

MartinLuther is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by lor
So does anyone know if this will also happen in Victoria
It happened in Victoria about 2 years ago.
Old Jan 8th 2007, 7:13 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by onepearlyb
I'm taking lessons in the Isle of Man just now. Trying to get my licence before we move out to Oz.

Anyone know if they recognise an IOM licence or if I have to convert to a UK one before I leave THEN go about changing it again once in Melbourne????

HELP anyone - this is a major headache just now.

*pearly*
I don't know but someone from the IOM said that the IOM licence couldn't be converted and that they were changing theirs to a UK licence. I think the person was either Manx or Three Legs.

Old Jan 8th 2007, 7:16 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by soldierblue
Is this for Queeensland licences only or does it apply to NSW as well?

Cheers Mark
NSW changed to a straight swap a while back
Old Jan 8th 2007, 7:31 pm
Forum Regular

Gaz & Sue is a jewel in the roughGaz & Sue is a jewel in the roughGaz & Sue is a jewel in the roughGaz & Sue is a jewel in the rough

so do you still have to sit an actual driving test. Does the UK driving licence still last for 3 months? is it worth us getting a international driving licence ?
hope you have settled a bit better liverbird
gaz(bluenose)
Old Jan 8th 2007, 8:02 pm
shoot from the hip,baby

onepearlyb has a reputation beyond reputeonepearlyb has a reputation beyond reputeonepearlyb has a reputation beyond reputeonepearlyb has a reputation beyond reputeonepearlyb has a reputation beyond reputeonepearlyb has a reputation beyond reputeonepearlyb has a reputation beyond reputeonepearlyb has a reputation beyond reputeonepearlyb has a reputation beyond reputeonepearlyb has a reputation beyond reputeonepearlyb has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MartinLuther
I don't know but someone from the IOM said that the IOM licence couldn't be converted and that they were changing theirs to a UK licence. I think the person was either Manx or Three Legs.

ML, when did you hear this?? Was it recently?
I've just checked the vicroads.com.au site and it says something like if you've held a UK or IOM licence AFTER April 1991 then you don't have to resit any tests - you just change over the licence. Anyone care to confirm with that incase I'm getting it wrong?

*pearly*

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.