Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

no response from police checks

no response from police checks

Old Jan 13th 2004, 9:48 am

maxpaxx is an unknown quantity at this point
Default no response from police checks

Dear all,

I need some advice. My silly husband has posted my passport off for the police checks unrecorded. He only sent his driving licence card so he's alright! We sent them to the Met before christmas and have had no receipt slip and they have not cashed the cheques yet. They were sent in different envelopes too so it is strange that neither has been acknowledged.

We have meds booked for the 5th Feb. Will ONLY a passport suffice for identification purposes?

Also does anyone know of a number I can ring where you can actually speak to someone? The number I have just lists options and addresses.

Anyone else still waiting for Met police checks or am I just being paranoid that you all seem to be getting them back super fast?

Any Help appreciated.

Maxine
Old Jan 13th 2004, 10:07 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Leaving aside the ever efficient British post office ...... I see from your id that you say "Somerset at the moment" - in that case the police checks should really have gone through Avon & Somerset police. If your current address is outside the Met area its possible that the Met will have sent the forms to A&S to have the ID/address checked, they then return the forms to London.
I know it sounds daft and longwinded but it is possible thats what has happened. Main reason is that local forces have to pay the Met for each check carried out on someone who lives in their area; Sussex often got forms forwarded to them from London, for people who lived in the county.
Try phoning A&S HQ and speak to the Data Protection office there, and try phoning the Met (0207 230 1212, and ask for the Data Protection Unit.

Good luck,
Pollyana
Old Jan 13th 2004, 10:12 am
Forum Regular

Poppy is just really nicePoppy is just really nicePoppy is just really nicePoppy is just really nicePoppy is just really nicePoppy is just really nicePoppy is just really nicePoppy is just really nicePoppy is just really nice

I have a number you can try 0207 230 2958.

Good luck!
Old Jan 13th 2004, 11:31 am
Home and Happy

Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Well done Poppy - I was trying desperately to find a number other than the switchboard, but drew a blank!
Old Jan 13th 2004, 1:24 pm

Originally posted by Pollyana
Well done Poppy - I was trying desperately to find a number other than the switchboard, but drew a blank!

Thankyou Pollyanna and Poppy,

I will use these number s and see how I get on!

The reason I applied to the met is that we have lived under that area and we thought that we had to apply to them if that was the case. I did get them done that way ok in September - but really was being overly optimistic!! I do remember them taking bloody ages then but everyon else seems to be getting them back faster! So perhaps you are spot on with this A & S thing Pollayanna.

Thanks again

Maxine x
Old Jan 13th 2004, 1:47 pm

Default police checks thru the Met

Have just spoken to the most helpful person ever at the met. If anyone has applied through them they are only just working through December now and are really snowed under so far from it being a quick time of year for them!

This kind lady is going to search through and dig out my passport - when you come across people like this who go out of their way to help when they don't have to it is really great..anyone who wants to chase up the Met I have gone round the houses and finally come up with a direct number 0207 230 2427.

max
Old Jan 13th 2004, 7:37 pm
Home and Happy

Glad you got some progress Max!
Good luck,
Old Jan 13th 2004, 7:55 pm

Originally posted by Pollyana
Glad you got some progress Max!
Good luck,

Yes thanks to you - and you didn't let on it was your Birthday! Many Happy Returns Max x
Old Jan 13th 2004, 8:00 pm
AWOL

Kentish Man is a jewel in the roughKentish Man is a jewel in the roughKentish Man is a jewel in the roughKentish Man is a jewel in the roughKentish Man is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: no response from police checks

Originally posted by maxpaxx
Dear all,

I need some advice. My silly husband has posted my passport off for the police checks unrecorded. He only sent his driving licence card so he's alright! We sent them to the Met before christmas and have had no receipt slip and they have not cashed the cheques yet. They were sent in different envelopes too so it is strange that neither has been acknowledged.

We have meds booked for the 5th Feb. Will ONLY a passport suffice for identification purposes?

Also does anyone know of a number I can ring where you can actually speak to someone? The number I have just lists options and addresses.

Anyone else still waiting for Met police checks or am I just being paranoid that you all seem to be getting them back super fast?

Any Help appreciated.

Maxine
In answer to your meds query, just a passport will be fine.

Fancy expecting the police to deal with something efficiently?! The only way to ge their quick attention is to break the speed limit!
Old Jan 13th 2004, 8:51 pm

Originally posted by Kentish Man

Fancy expecting the police to deal with something efficiently?! The only way to ge their quick attention is to break the speed limit!
LOL!!!

Don't get me onto that subject - it's been on radio 2 all day!

Max
Old Jan 14th 2004, 1:32 pm

Originally posted by Kentish Man

Kentish man - you wouldn't believe what I got in the post today!! Yes passport and driving license with YESTERDAYS post mark on!

Now has anyone got any ideas on how I could say thankyou to that very helpful lady at the MET?

Max
Old Jan 14th 2004, 1:45 pm
BE Enthusiast

S Oldfield is an unknown quantity at this point

Write a letter to her supervisor, it will help her for her annual appraisal
Old Jan 14th 2004, 1:47 pm

Originally posted by S Oldfield
Write a letter to her supervisor, it will help her for her annual appraisal
Thats a very good idea! I'll do that right away...

Old Jan 14th 2004, 7:33 pm
Home and Happy

Very pleased for you Max; certainly write to her supervisor - makes a nice change from complaints!
Oh, and thanks for the birthday wishes!!!