Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

No reason for friends/relatives not to call you

No reason for friends/relatives not to call you

Old Jun 15th 2006, 8:37 am
BE Enthusiast

rpa34 has much to be proud ofrpa34 has much to be proud ofrpa34 has much to be proud ofrpa34 has much to be proud ofrpa34 has much to be proud ofrpa34 has much to be proud ofrpa34 has much to be proud ofrpa34 has much to be proud ofrpa34 has much to be proud ofrpa34 has much to be proud ofrpa34 has much to be proud of
Smile No reason for friends/relatives not to call you

they dial 0844 462 9393, then your international number when prompted: 00 61 8 9 __________ # (always press # at the end of the number)
& voila!

Calls cost ONLY 2p/minute !!!

Old Jun 15th 2006, 8:43 am
Account Closed

Paul&Nic has a brilliant futurePaul&Nic has a brilliant futurePaul&Nic has a brilliant futurePaul&Nic has a brilliant futurePaul&Nic has a brilliant futurePaul&Nic has a brilliant futurePaul&Nic has a brilliant future
Default Re: No reason for friends/relatives not to call you

Originally Posted by rpa34
they dial 0844 462 9393, then your international number when prompted: 00 61 8 9 __________ # (always press # at the end of the number)
& voila!

Better still go to:

http://www.telediscount.co.uk/cheap_calls/australia.php

and pay 1p per min to landlines or 13p per min to mobiles! ...

Tried and tested! ...
Old Jun 15th 2006, 8:53 am
BE Forum Addict

manxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond repute

Cool - and there is always Skype and VOIP of course.
Old Jun 15th 2006, 9:12 am
Forum Regular

stubbyholder is just really nicestubbyholder is just really nicestubbyholder is just really nicestubbyholder is just really nicestubbyholder is just really nicestubbyholder is just really nicestubbyholder is just really nicestubbyholder is just really nicestubbyholder is just really nicestubbyholder is just really nicestubbyholder is just really nice

& voila!

I use www.telesavers.co.uk ............ 1p per min landline, 10p p. m. mobile....bargain
S
Old Jun 15th 2006, 9:33 am
Hilton`s

Hilton`s is a name known to allHilton`s is a name known to allHilton`s is a name known to allHilton`s is a name known to allHilton`s is a name known to allHilton`s is a name known to allHilton`s is a name known to allHilton`s is a name known to allHilton`s is a name known to allHilton`s is a name known to allHilton`s is a name known to all

& voila!

So after the 9 do they then dial our number starting with the area code which is 07? Sorry want to be clear and tell the correct number.

Tracey x
Old Jun 15th 2006, 9:37 am
Forum Regular

marcbolam is a jewel in the roughmarcbolam is a jewel in the roughmarcbolam is a jewel in the roughmarcbolam is a jewel in the roughmarcbolam is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by Hilton`s
So after the 9 do they then dial our number starting with the area code which is 07? Sorry want to be clear and tell the correct number.

Tracey x
anything for phoning from oz to the uk with the same sort of chrges - info please??? cheers.
Old Jun 15th 2006, 10:08 am
Account Closed

Paul&Nic has a brilliant futurePaul&Nic has a brilliant futurePaul&Nic has a brilliant futurePaul&Nic has a brilliant futurePaul&Nic has a brilliant futurePaul&Nic has a brilliant futurePaul&Nic has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by marcbolam
anything for phoning from oz to the uk with the same sort of chrges - info please??? cheers.
Calling cards is about as good as it gets I think.

I've had no real joy with a few tho inc 'Talk Tomato' and another which the name escapes me.

I've been recommended a 'Gotalk' one which I have, but not tried yet. Calls to the UK are a few cents per min I've been told, but as I say not tried it yet.
Old Jun 15th 2006, 10:18 am
Forum Regular

stubbyholder is just really nicestubbyholder is just really nicestubbyholder is just really nicestubbyholder is just really nicestubbyholder is just really nicestubbyholder is just really nicestubbyholder is just really nicestubbyholder is just really nicestubbyholder is just really nicestubbyholder is just really nicestubbyholder is just really nice

Tracey x
hi
no....... they drop the 0 and just dial 7 so it's ...00 61 7 then your 8 digit telephone No. followed by #

S
Old Jun 15th 2006, 10:29 am
BE Forum Addict

breezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by stubbyholder
hi
no....... they drop the 0 and just dial 7 so it's ...00 61 7 then your 8 digit telephone No. followed by #

S
I've just been in carphone warehouse asking about Talk Talk for my MIL. Apparently for £21 a month you get free broadband for life, phone line rental and ALL calls are free including calls to AUS and lots of other overseas country's
Tracie
Old Jun 15th 2006, 10:37 am
Hilton`s

Hilton`s is a name known to allHilton`s is a name known to allHilton`s is a name known to allHilton`s is a name known to allHilton`s is a name known to allHilton`s is a name known to allHilton`s is a name known to allHilton`s is a name known to allHilton`s is a name known to allHilton`s is a name known to allHilton`s is a name known to all

Originally Posted by stubbyholder
hi

S
Thanks for that.

Tracey x
Old Jun 15th 2006, 10:42 am
Forum Regular

geordiekaz will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by breezeboylan
I've just been in carphone warehouse asking about Talk Talk for my MIL. Apparently for £21 a month you get free broadband for life, phone line rental and ALL calls are free including calls to AUS and lots of other overseas country's
Tracie

Hi
We've been on talk talk for a couple of months now, it's great, free calls to most parts of europe and I think it includes america aswell. Im on the phone to oz and my mate in cyprus every week.
Old Jun 15th 2006, 1:36 pm
Banned

GinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by breezeboylan
Tracie
Yep, that's all true. BUT - as always - make sure you read the "small print". The calls are only free for so many minutes - have forgotten the exact number, say it's xx minutes. After that time has elapsed you get charged! The "small print" says if you want to avoid to get charged, hang up before you get to xx minutes and re-dial.

Gina
Old Jun 15th 2006, 1:49 pm
BE Enthusiast

rpa34 has much to be proud ofrpa34 has much to be proud ofrpa34 has much to be proud ofrpa34 has much to be proud ofrpa34 has much to be proud ofrpa34 has much to be proud ofrpa34 has much to be proud ofrpa34 has much to be proud ofrpa34 has much to be proud ofrpa34 has much to be proud ofrpa34 has much to be proud of

Tracey x
yes so its 00 61, then the code for your state and then the number. ie 0061 8 (8 = WA/Perth)
Old Jun 15th 2006, 2:19 pm
BE Forum Addict

Location: in a place near the river and the sea where the sun always shines
debbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond repute

yes so its 00 61, then the code for your state and then the number. ie 0061 8 (8 = WA/Perth)

thanks all for this info
Old Jun 15th 2006, 2:48 pm
Forum Regular

geordiekaz will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by GinaUK
Yep, that's all true. BUT - as always - make sure you read the "small print". The calls are only free for so many minutes - have forgotten the exact number, say it's xx minutes. After that time has elapsed you get charged! The "small print" says if you want to avoid to get charged, hang up before you get to xx minutes and re-dial.

Gina
I'v just been chatting away not taking any notice of the time!!!
will check small print and my next bill!!!
Thanks Gina

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.