Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

no particular subject

no particular subject

Old Oct 3rd 2003, 2:26 pm
huge,throbbing member

baldbutts is just really nicebaldbutts is just really nicebaldbutts is just really nicebaldbutts is just really nicebaldbutts is just really nicebaldbutts is just really nicebaldbutts is just really nicebaldbutts is just really nicebaldbutts is just really nicebaldbutts is just really nicebaldbutts is just really nice
Default no particular subject

Jeez,I aint posted for ages.
This'll be one of those semi-inebriated posts that'll make no sense in the morning.
I can't believe we've been here for nearly 5 months-it's flown by.If I was a mathematician/statistician,I'd see a common denominator between posting here when skint,then posting here when wedged up.Basically (which is a phrase I hate as much as 'at the end of the day'),the baldbutt family have been rushed off our waxed arses since the house has been sold.
To recap :
came here Star Wars day-May the fourth
Had a house sale p*****g us about for 16 months+
Sold house-stopped posting.
Spend spend spend-on necessities mainly including a PC.
Set up a msn groups site so that family and friends back in Blighty can get all mushy seeing photos of BB jnr punching BB senior in the nuts in a different continent.
Looked back,realised that British Expats has been neglected by me-apologies.

So,hopefully,I'll be about a bit more.So much to tell
Bought a house today-thought sod it-lost a packet on the crap exchange rate,so knocked a divorcing couple down by the same percentage on their house (asked the divorcee if i could pay in kind-tried a 'per inch rate'-ended up they'd owe me !!)

I feel raped too-I'm a total let down.Thought I could go a year without working-got a start Monday after only 5 months.Still,come December,I'll probably have a break.

On top of all this,at our leaving bash in the UK,I proposed to Mrs BB to Be-thought that after 10 years together,it's worth it for a laugh.
Would you believe it-would you effing believe it-she remembers it- still !!.So now I've got a wedding to sort out.
Now,I'm not one to steal Badgers thunder (although I could be putting my foot in it coz I don't know what's going on with him at the mo),but the present Mrs BB very rarely visits here.So.........I could spring her a surprise where only me and a few of you know about it.Thinking of a beach wedding on Rottnest any thoughts ?

And.......Buttsniffer is on his way out here.I rang me Mum (Granny BB) last night(she's looking after him at the mo) to tell her the vet would call her to sort out injections.
You'll like this next bit
Well,she starts crying,so I think that maybe she's sad to see him go.But no,she thinks the vets calling to get him put down.
Now,you know me-the sensitive type,in touch with Mrs BB to Be's feminine side-I say "yes Mum,that's right,What with this new house/car/PC/drive through bottlo account,I just can't afford to get him here-so,make the most of him while you can "
What a loving son I am.
Any way,after a quick kick in the wotnots from MrsBB to be, I had to let Granny BB know the truth.

Right,I'll add more when I think of it-I've got loads to share-any advice needed,just ask

BB-put some wax on the trax and slide on outta here
Old Oct 3rd 2003, 2:42 pm

cresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond repute

Nice to see life goes on much the same BB. Good luck with the wedding:scared:
Old Oct 3rd 2003, 2:46 pm
BE Forum Addict

footie chick is an unknown quantity at this point

Nice to hear from you BB. Glad things are working out ok!!

footie chick
Old Oct 3rd 2003, 3:05 pm
Gone Senile Member

Sandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond repute

Where did you buy? What did you buy and are you excited

Wot job.....

After five months.........tell all

Where is the weeding?

hope you are having fun
Old Oct 3rd 2003, 3:55 pm
BE Enthusiast

lynnj has a brilliant futurelynnj has a brilliant futurelynnj has a brilliant futurelynnj has a brilliant futurelynnj has a brilliant futurelynnj has a brilliant future

BB

glad you're still in the land of the living, but dont you just hate these people who only tell you half a story, where is the house, is it huge (the house), wheres the job etc.......beach wedding on rottnest (or anywhere) sounds lurvely, or how about the deck of a boat somewhere at sunset.

Keep enjoying and keep posting we need some nice positive humorous posts as things have been a bit gloomy lately.

Lynn
Old Oct 3rd 2003, 4:02 pm
BE Forum Addict

whisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond repute

Have you thought of ever doing a bit of standup comedy BB, on day to day living?
Love your posts

Whisky
Old Oct 3rd 2003, 4:21 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

You really must post more often BB. Cheers us all up! Now about this wedding...where? when? And make sure you get the photos onto here!
Old Oct 3rd 2003, 4:32 pm
Forum Regular

ellen fedulow is an unknown quantity at this point

missed your wit!!

allthe best

ellen1
Old Oct 3rd 2003, 4:56 pm
BE Forum Addict

tinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud of

Please gis us some more info - so many others are putting it down out there. At last we have a recent success story.
Old Oct 3rd 2003, 6:25 pm
Forum Regular

wombat is an unknown quantity at this point

Glad your back BB, your posts always make me smile
Old Oct 4th 2003, 2:53 am
huge,throbbing member

baldbutts is just really nicebaldbutts is just really nicebaldbutts is just really nicebaldbutts is just really nicebaldbutts is just really nicebaldbutts is just really nicebaldbutts is just really nicebaldbutts is just really nicebaldbutts is just really nicebaldbutts is just really nicebaldbutts is just really nice

You want more info-you can't handle more info.

The house,along with me msn groups site(restricted access so don't ask) has taken up loads of our time.With the exchange rate falling around 12% in 6 months,decided that we'd only buy if we could knock the price down by at least that much.Haggling out here is not too common,especially Halls Head in Mandurah,which has seen huge capital growth in recent times.If any of you are only moving to North Perth to make money on property,I suggest you check out Mandurah.It's constantly in the West Auistralians top 10 sales tables.
Anyway,as I said,this was a divorcing couple who wanted out,so we cashed in on their grief-bit like politicians.Looked at building-takes at least a year,and there is now a shortage of bricks in WA,so builders are having to ship em from over East.Some home builders are closing their display homes for a while,coz they can't keep up.
Looked at brand new ones,but all the profit's been made by the 1st owner.So decided to buy summat that needs renovating.This is a huge 5 bed,3 bath,836m2 plot.It'll need new kitchen,bathrooms etc plus painting throughout,some landscaping,new pool (existing one is tiny,could hit the other side if i peed into it),and all that usual stuff.I'm hoping to have more time off work to do this,my reckoning that if you make your salary doing it up,you're alright.
As for the job-God I hate work.In the UK,when jobs for sparks are advertised,it's usually coz the contractor has priced a job,so MAY need labour-they then ring a month later,when you're usually in work anyway.So,I applied here a month or 2 ago,thinking that'll be right,but the cheeky sods were ringing me the next day offering a start.Managed to worm out of them,so applied this week,and again,got a start straight away-bugger
Wages are slightly less than UK,but get a vehicle,phone etc, not too sad.
Besides,probably want a couple of months off for the honeymoon,so that should get me the sack.
Had BB Jnr's birthday this week.It was nice not having to spend most of the day unwrapping all the crap that grandparents buy.He's not missing the UK at all at the mo-besides,I give him a kidney punch if he even mentions it.
That reminds me-coupla months back,we told him that Australia doesn't have September,so he'd have no birthdays till we return to the UK.Forgot all about it,then a week or 2 later,he starts whining about it-led him on until one of his mates told him the truth--God I'm so funny.

Right,we're off to a barby up Abergas's later,so best get me thong ironed,and me best keys out-usuallly avoid the mushmalts* with a Porsche keyring.

(*mushmalt-from the Kent dictionary,meaning geezerbird,dog,slapper etc-but there's never any at Abergas's parties-phew got out of that one)

BB-can type rubbish p****d or sober
Old Oct 4th 2003, 6:15 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

God, I hope I end up enjoying it as much as you BB. You are rotten to tell you kid there was no September. My 8 year old niece was quite worried about Christmas - she wanted me to check that I would still be able to get presents from Father Christmas!
Keep posting - you're a breath of fresh air!
Old Oct 4th 2003, 6:48 am
Forum Regular

adelaidegirl is an unknown quantity at this point

Oh Baldy, I just love your posts. Don't forget to tell BB Junior that when he hears the icecream van playing music that its to let everyone know that it has run out of icecream. heh heh, adelaidegirl
Old Oct 4th 2003, 7:02 am
too busy to work members

yafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really nice

Super to hear from you BB A breach of 'beery' air great fun. Keep it up in there somewhere are some pearls of wisdom!!! How about letting the future Mrs BB choose her own wedding site? novel idea what?
Old Oct 5th 2003, 1:26 am
BE Enthusiast

abergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud of

Originally posted by baldbutts
You want more info-you can't handle more info.

Right,we're off to a barby up Abergas's later,so best get me thong ironed,and me best keys out-usuallly avoid the mushmalts* with a Porsche keyring.

(*mushmalt-from the Kent dictionary,meaning geezerbird,dog,slapper etc-but there's never any at Abergas's parties-phew got out of that one)

BB-can type rubbish p****d or sober

Hang on a minute BB, dave got excited when you picked his keys, how come he knows what colour your thongs are (english not aussie) bit concerned while clearing up to find a can of easy lube!!!
:scared: :scared: