British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Australia (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/)
-   -   no one wants to talk to us (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/no-one-wants-talk-us-113587/)

shaun/lor Oct 23rd 2002 3:02 pm

no one wants to talk to us

hi it seems alot of people are not talking to us or are feed up with hearing the subject of oz. even though we dont seem to be talking about it much. also did you find it hard to get rid of all your bits and bobs? i cant even give it away and its not rubbish. people ask " have you got" but when you say yes come and get it they dont. whats the matter with people?
it must be the fact that its getting closers to the day we leave. we are in the middle of packing and have to get out of the house on nov 4th. so is this why i feel the way i do about everyone? thanks for listening lorraine

Sandra Oct 23rd 2002 3:45 pm

Re: no one wants to talk to us

Originally posted by shaun/lor:
hi it seems alot of people are not talking to us or are feed up with hearing the subject of oz. even though we dont seem to be talking about it much. also did you find it hard to get rid of all your bits and bobs? i cant even give it away and its not rubbish. people ask " have you got" but when you say yes come and get it they dont. whats the matter with people?
it must be the fact that its getting closers to the day we leave. we are in the middle of packing and have to get out of the house on nov 4th. so is this why i feel the way i do about everyone? thanks for listening lorraine

So with you! The removal guys ended up taking some things we couldn't give away, (not rubbish like you say) now over here I wish I had just packed the lot... I miss the silly bits

Cheers

Grub Oct 23rd 2002 3:47 pm

A car boot sale and a big charity bag are my options i think. I am going to take the 'silly stuff' ie kids pictures etc rather than the furniture as i wont miss the furniture.

I am not offering my stuff out unless people specifically ask for it.

Mind you- anyone got room for 3 old mangey moggies!

shaun/lor Oct 23rd 2002 4:10 pm

Originally posted by Grub:
A car boot sale and a big charity bag are my options i think. I am going to take the 'silly stuff' ie kids pictures etc rather than the furniture as i wont miss the furniture.

I am not offering my stuff out unless people specifically ask for it.

Mind you- anyone got room for 3 old mangey moggies!

we have done a few boot sales to get rid of some bits. but then we started saying uncle thingy might want this and aunty you know who might like this. and wouldnt it be a shame to take this to the charity shop.
" i am not offering my stuff out unless people specifically ask for it." i think your right. and that will be the way i think from now on thanks. sorry i cant help with the cat. lorraine

baldbutts Oct 23rd 2002 4:41 pm

hi it seems alot of people are not talking to us or are feed up with hearing the subject of oz.

Might be something to do with the pictures of you two with Richard'n'Judy superimposed in some quite revealing poses that i posted around Bitterne!

BB-stalker to 'c' list celebs a speciality

percyp Oct 23rd 2002 5:13 pm

Agreed, we will rent our place, so need to have a good clear out, got quite a few free adds in the local paper, sold a few thing at bargain prices, but people are just not interested. You can buy new stuff pretty cheap nowadays, so maybe that's the reason. I really hate throwing perfectly good things away, but as you said you can't give some things away!

Baldy, you're crazy :) hope it stays that way !

Jo

shaun/lor Oct 23rd 2002 5:17 pm

Originally posted by baldbutts:

Might be something to do with the pictures of you two with Richard'n'Judy superimposed in some quite revealing poses that i posted around Bitterne!

BB-stalker to 'c' list celebs a speciality

i thought that was you in " bondage r us " in bitterne last week. could you send us a copy of the pictures. only when i spoke to richard n judy today they remembered you from the swingers club. lol lorraine.

Sandra Oct 23rd 2002 5:27 pm

Originally posted by Sandra:

So with you! The removal guys ended up taking some things we couldn't give away, (not rubbish like you say) now over here I wish I had just packed the lot... I miss the silly bits

Cheers

The silly bits I did not pack included 1 fridge, 1 freezers, 1 fridge/freezer, we now have one fridge/freezer. My picutres, just framed old style posters (saw them in market for over $100 each!). My front loader, spin speed on what I have here ...agggghhh.

We took too much advice and packed the items we 'should' take in the end space was the issue we had masses left. We did pay for a 40ft personal load though. But got fooled by the lists and insurance we filled out first, we added right till the end no extra cost. We did bring a full size pub pool table and loads of wardrobes, (we need every one of them). We forgot to plan for the biggest silly bit and didn't bring the motorbike!!! We are missing it.

live and learn - my expereience not everyones

cheers